MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
Dandy
Vampiress
38 | 1
I suppose the launcher will be the GoTo way to install Sigma easily ?
Or should we look out for other installation methods ? I suppose it might be a bit more difficult than swapping patch_d2.mpq files this time !
Listonorz
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi, i have problem with start game. Clean version d2lod its working untill i install mod. I press PLAY and have error ( Access_violation (c0000005). Normal version it also stop working ( same error). I try istall mod in folder with game, and another folder.
purplet
Cultist
22 | 1
Listonorz wrote:Hi, i have problem with start game. Clean version d2lod its working untill i install mod. I press PLAY and have error ( Access_violation (c0000005). Normal version it also stop working ( same error). I try istall mod in folder with game, and another folder.

got the same issues.
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
The Median Σ Launcher sets all items in my Diablo II folder into Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode... Image Now I know the Dev Team is Hard at work making this Launcher work for all of us and they are trying to find ways fix it to make it work for all of us at once but...! Putting more "Common settings" like these is just going to give us more issues in the long run(I Dont wanna sound like knows it all but) because not everybody owns the latest version of Windows 10 and I am sure I am not the only ME where when I set everything into Windows 8 Compatibility it works like a charm just fine... but in the other hand when I put Windows XP I get Weird Coloring Issues such as these
► Show Spoiler

on another note outside topic... it would be awesome if they could bring back 800x600 resolution because not every single person on the planet owns a ultra wide screen monitor and using third party addons and tools in order for the game to fit in my screen isnt making the game look nicer either it just causes more video bugs...
Listonorz
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thx, im noob, no reboot laptop :( noe its ok
purplet
Cultist
22 | 1
I used the opportunity to reset windows and it worked^^
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Can you please add an option of minimize to tray or something like that, i see no point in the launcher taking space in the taskbar, it's just used to launch the game and it's annoying wanting to click back in the game and clicking the launcher instead (probably caused by brain sees the D2 icon, and thinks that as i am playing Median XL i should be clicking it instead of Diablo II).
floowsnaake
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I got this game to work in Windows XP without the luncher
Dvinn
Fallen
1 | 0
How did you get Sigma to work on XP?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You simply don't, Sigma launcher requires at least Win7. As for the mod itself, technically you can run it under WinXP but it's not gonna work properly without some modifications and even then it's highly questionable. In short, forget about it unless you're familiar with low level programming stuff and you have a ton of time to waste.