MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is there any way to fix incredibly slowly start of game/very low fps on WIndows 7 while using glide? I can't get it to work without using *disable deskop composition :/
FPeace
Sasquatch
61 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When I installed the 0.2.5 patch and ran it, it worked fine, but it still says 0.2.4 in the bottom left of the launcher screen. Did it not install properly?
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
installed with Wineskin, on launch I receive the following error log:
err:module:import_dll Library UIAutomationCore.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Diablo II\\Median XL\\Median XL.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ncrypt.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Diablo II\\Median XL\\Median XL.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Diablo II\\Median XL\\Median XL.exe" failed, status c0000135

How to fix? Are the mentioned dlls present in modern Windows OSs?
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Same here, Reset button shows up, same log file as already posted.

FPeace wrote:When I installed the 0.2.5 patch and ran it, it worked fine, but it still says 0.2.4 in the bottom left of the launcher screen. Did it not install properly?

It will say 0.2.4 if you install 0.2.5 over 0.2.4.

It will launch the game just fine, but the launcher isn't updated with the "new" code i.e. some fixes done in 0.2.5 you won't see unless you do a fresh install of 0.2.5.
dlamica99
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1

so i get this error. i did a clean install of 1.13. i ran the new med xl .0.2.5.0 launcher. nothing else was added.

i am on win xp 32bit. no anti virus running and its added into my firewall.
slowmo8686
Cultist
21 | 1
i installed d2 and d2 lod, then installed via madian launcher, said was installed fine, click restart, then click play, but nothing happens, even though the game is running, no sound picture or anything but its in the task manger, and only way to close it is hard restart, weird
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Segolia wrote:When I last tried the launcher, the uninstall executable only uninstalled the launcher, and not Median XL itself. Will that be added in the future?

Maybe later.

masochista wrote:Is there any way to fix incredibly slowly start of game/very low fps on WIndows 7 while using glide? I can't get it to work without using *disable deskop composition :/

It's a glide issue, so I can't do much about it. I'll look into it more when the launcher is ready.

Talic wrote:Same here, Reset button shows up, same log file as already posted.

FPeace wrote:When I installed the 0.2.5 patch and ran it, it worked fine, but it still says 0.2.4 in the bottom left of the launcher screen. Did it not install properly?

It will say 0.2.4 if you install 0.2.5 over 0.2.4.

It will launch the game just fine, but the launcher isn't updated with the "new" code i.e. some fixes done in 0.2.5 you won't see unless you do a fresh install of 0.2.5.

Thanks, this is fixed in the new version which will be released later today.
Yeah, you can uninstall the launcher, delete its folder and install again, it should be fine then.

kambala wrote:installed with Wineskin, on launch I receive the following error log:
err:module:import_dll Library UIAutomationCore.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Diablo II\\Median XL\\Median XL.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ncrypt.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Diablo II\\Median XL\\Median XL.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Diablo II\\Median XL\\Median XL.exe" failed, status c0000135

How to fix? Are the mentioned dlls present in modern Windows OSs?

I didn't build on Linux/Wine yet, will try to do it towards the end of beta, hopefully it solves the Wine issues, otherwise I'll try to figure it out manually.

The two dlls are in Windows\System32.

dlamica99 wrote:Image

so i get this error. i did a clean install of 1.13. i ran the new med xl .0.2.5.0 launcher. nothing else was added.

i am on win xp 32bit. no anti virus running and its added into my firewall.

Currently it doesn't work on XP for some reason, even though it should. I'll look into it more deeply towards the end of beta.

slowmo8686 wrote:i installed d2 and d2 lod, then installed via madian launcher, said was installed fine, click restart, then click play, but nothing happens, even though the game is running, no sound picture or anything but its in the task manger, and only way to close it is hard restart, weird

Thanks. This is fixed in the new version, which will be released later today.

Kyromyr wrote:Settings soft-lock if launcher is not run with administrator privileges, tested by unchecking it in properties. Installer does not run it as admin. Alt-F4 to close settings still causes a soft-lock.

Nothing happens when hotkeys are pressed (enter to close settings, esc to close launcher/settings). Did not test 0.2.4 so can't say if it's a new issue.

Compatibility mode and admin properties are reset upon launch. Intended?

Edit: error log is empty.

Yeah, no admin mode messes it up for some reason, even though it shouldn't. I'll fix it, hopefully today for the new release, but can't promise since I'll have to rewrite a big chunk of code.
I'll fix the Alt-F4 for the new version. Thanks. Hotkeys don't work only when you Alt+F4.
Compatibility: Currently it just overwrites the compatibility flags with just RunAsAdmin. I guess I can make it keep other compatibility flags. I'm looking to handle admin flag better in the next few versions, but gotta fix more important stuff first.

My computer's power supply died, so it slowed me down a bit, since I can't test on Win7 and WinXP now, I can only work on Win10 on my laptop right now.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Quirinus wrote:
masochista wrote:Is there any way to fix incredibly slowly start of game/very low fps on WIndows 7 while using glide? I can't get it to work without using *disable deskop composition :/

It's a glide issue, so I can't do much about it. I'll look into it more when the launcher is ready.

Thing is: I've tried many Glidwrappers for D2, but there is none that works without those loading times (it looks like all letters and numbers are loaded before every game in the top left corner). But there is 1 exception: D2SE has a glidewrapper that doesn't have those long loading times. That's basically the only reason why I use d2se.

So maybe you should ask Seltsamuel from Snej mod what his trick is.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
You're talking about a different thing, I think.

For some people, if desktop composition is on, and they run the game with Sven's glide (the most popular one, D2SE uses it), it takes 20 minutes to load. For other people, it works the same if the desktop composition is on or off, looks like you're one of those. But for all people, it works with desktop composition on and off if they run D2+glide trough D2SE.

Yeah, I'm aware that D2SE has it's own wrapper for the glide wrapper (wrapperception!), but I don't think Seltsamuel would share how he did it.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Quirinus wrote:You're talking about a different thing, I think.

For some people, if desktop composition is on, and they run the game with Sven's glide (the most popular one, D2SE uses it), it takes 20 minutes to load. For other people, it works the same if the desktop composition is on or off, looks like you're one of those. But for all people, it works with desktop composition on and off if they run D2+glide trough D2SE.

Yeah, I'm aware that D2SE has it's own wrapper for the glide wrapper (wrapperception!), but I don't think Seltsamuel would share how he did it.

About Sven's glide: I tried that one as well, but it still had those long loading times. Which is weird because d2se doesn't have those loading times for me even though they're supposed to actually be the same wrapper. Guess you're right about the wrapperception!

Well, in German there's the saying "Fragen kostet nichts" which translates to "Asking doesn't cost anything" (dunno if there's a saying like that in English :D) which basically means that you should rather ask before you're about to abondon the idea.

You both have an affinity for this old game. To keep the community for this old game up. You're not after making money, you simply do it for your own and for us other nerds' pleasure. I'm sure he can't say no if you say it like this.

btw what I wanted to ask: Doesn't the launcher update itself?