MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
axtroz
Dark Huntress
14 | 5
Hey, is it possible to add an option to enable '/nopickup' from the launcher?
evil_potato
Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
genei wrote:Image

LOL

You using xp? known issue. fix should come at end of development iirc. We're a minority :(
Plyabla
Fallen
1 | 0
When I start launcher, it says 'unknown version' and i can only restart it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3d3nT ... sp=sharing
Errorlog ^
Win10
Diablo 2 without d2se, just replaced MPQ file.
Eittin
Invader
8 | 0
Launcher looks really nice, simple and easy to use. Only issue I had with it is clicking on "settings". At first it only darkened the launcher and nothing came up. I reopened the launcher and was working fine after that.

system: windows 10
running as admin
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
launcher does not open when clicked on. Running win 10.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
notforkeeps wrote:launcher does not open when clicked on. Running win 10.

R u running it as an admin?
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
momope
Bone Archer
77 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Is source code available for the launcher? I feel uncomfortable running executables as administrator otherwise
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
halfacandan wrote:@Quirinus A big thank you for the excellent launcher tool: it simplifies everything. Thanks to it, this is the first time I've managed to play median with Glide graphics. I hadn't realised how excellent D2 could look.

haha you're welcome
marco had the same reaction, he always had problems with glide until he ran d2 with the launcher :mrgreen:

HechtHeftig wrote:
Rishab wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:I updated now from 2.4.3 to 2.6 but it doesn't work anymore. Am I supposed to delete the earlier update first?

U should try that, older version might be screwing something up

Well, I tried it a couple of times now. Still not starting at all, even after deleting the median XL folder in my diablo folder.

That's weird because 2.4 worked.

Edit: hmm... when I close the program in the task manager, I can see it's 32 Bit. But my PC has a 64 Bit system.

EDIT2: installed 2.4 again and that one works. What did you guys do? :D 2.4 is 32 bit as well so that isn't the problem

Deleting shouldn't be necessary, but try uninstalling and deleting, then installing the new one, preferably not in program files. Restart computer, and run it as admin.

axtroz wrote:Hey, is it possible to add an option to enable '/nopickup' from the launcher?

No, it's waaay too complicated to do.

Plyabla wrote:When I start launcher, it says 'unknown version' and i can only restart it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3d3nT ... sp=sharing
Errorlog ^
Win10
Diablo 2 without d2se, just replaced MPQ file.

Weird. Do you have admin rights? Try running the launcher as admin.
Are your windows in another language?

Eittin wrote:Launcher looks really nice, simple and easy to use. Only issue I had with it is clicking on "settings". At first it only darkened the launcher and nothing came up. I reopened the launcher and was working fine after that.

system: windows 10
running as admin

It's a known issue, but thanks for reporting. It should probably be fixed in the next version.

notforkeeps wrote:launcher does not open when clicked on. Running win 10.

Restart the computer and try again. Run it as admin. Preferably don't install it in the program files.

momope wrote:Is source code available for the launcher? I feel uncomfortable running executables as administrator otherwise

No.
I mean, I don't really need admin rights to mess up a computer or install some form of malware if I wanted to. :mrgreen:
And people have been running all sorts of 3rd party tools for years without the source code already.
This one is official, from us, it's not like it's from some random dude on the internet, but if you don't trust us, just don't run it, it's not like it's mandatory to run it to get MXL going. Plus, I already did a few tools before, and no one complained (true, they had source code, but still) - and you can see no one is having any complaints about the launcher doing nefarious things in this thread.
In the next 1-2 versions, I'll try to make it not need admin rights to run, so maybe wait until then.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Quirinus wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
Rishab wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:I updated now from 2.4.3 to 2.6 but it doesn't work anymore. Am I supposed to delete the earlier update first?

U should try that, older version might be screwing something up

Well, I tried it a couple of times now. Still not starting at all, even after deleting the median XL folder in my diablo folder.

That's weird because 2.4 worked.

Edit: hmm... when I close the program in the task manager, I can see it's 32 Bit. But my PC has a 64 Bit system.

EDIT2: installed 2.4 again and that one works. What did you guys do? :D 2.4 is 32 bit as well so that isn't the problem

Deleting shouldn't be necessary, but try uninstalling and deleting, then installing the new one, preferably not in program files. Restart computer, and run it as admin.

Thanks! Works now!
Beepr
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
So I have the launcher installed and working, but everything is incredibly slow. when i start D2 it takes around 1-2 minutes for it to load up and the window goes (Not Responding) for a period of time before eventually working. When it eventually loads up joining games is way slower than when using d2se both sp and tsw. Is this normal? Any idea why it would be acting like this if its not normal?