Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
As I said, I'm not trying to make it work for Wine at this moment.

That being said, it doesn't work on WinXP either, and your Wine says it's a WinXP version, so maybe that's why. Is there a Win7 wine build?
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@ShadowDawn

Well, that is weird.

Because glide settings are written to the same registry key.

It doesn't matter if you use launcher to access glide settings or D2SE, it will be the same thing, really weird.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Quirinus wrote:As I said, I'm not trying to make it work for Wine at this moment.

I know, just FYI
Quirinus wrote:That being said, it doesn't work on WinXP either, and your Wine says it's a WinXP version, so maybe that's why. Is there a Win7 wine build?

I've already tried that without success
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
New version did it, works like a charm now. Tested it on many different installations and patches, no problems. Good work! :clap:
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
kambala wrote:
Quirinus wrote:As I said, I'm not trying to make it work for Wine at this moment.

I know, just FYI

Why would it? The memory offsets are in completely different locations with different OS. Lol, but you know this well since you program in C.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
works for me now
Tasidon
Sasquatch
60 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
better run it by one of you more knowledgeable folks- couldnt i create another D2 folder and do a fresh install there, that way i could test the launcher? Last time i overwrote my D2 and D2SE i had to do new install for everything. Just wanting to check.
FPeace
Sasquatch
61 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Works great now, only issue I'm having (and it is a small one) is that the first time that you run it, when the launcher was just opened, it launches in default settings (windowed etc). Not really much of an issue though, you just press esc and hit play again and it's good.
halfacandan
Prowler
18 | 1
I get this error when moving from act 1 to act 2 in single player. Fresh install from CDs and 0.2.5 of the launcher then updated to 0.2.6 of the launcher. Every time I speak to Warriv and select the "Go East" option I get this error. Not sure whether this is the launcher or the MXL patch or my install or bad luck. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit.

Edit: Thought Diablo LoD might be doing a disc check before it moved to a new act but the bug persists even if I have the CD inserted. I'll try a fresh install later on.

Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Talic wrote:@ShadowDawn

Well, that is weird.

Because glide settings are written to the same registry key.

It doesn't matter if you use launcher to access glide settings or D2SE, it will be the same thing, really weird.

It was discussed a few pages back. D2SE wraps the D2 process and changes things, one of which is fixing that glide bug.

Tasidon wrote:better run it by one of you more knowledgeable folks- couldnt i create another D2 folder and do a fresh install there, that way i could test the launcher? Last time i overwrote my D2 and D2SE i had to do new install for everything. Just wanting to check.

Yes, you can make another copy of D2, and select its location in the launcher settings.

FPeace wrote:Works great now, only issue I'm having (and it is a small one) is that the first time that you run it, when the launcher was just opened, it launches in default settings (windowed etc). Not really much of an issue though, you just press esc and hit play again and it's good.

You could change that in the launcher settings before launching. But I guess it isn't possible the first time atm, since you can't open the settings when it's run the first time (without admin rights). It'll be fixed soon.

halfacandan wrote:I get this error when moving from act 1 to act 2 in single player. Fresh install from CDs and 0.2.5 of the launcher then updated to 0.2.6 of the launcher. Every time I speak to Warriv and select the "Go East" option I get this error. Not sure whether this is the launcher or the MXL patch or my install or bad luck. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit.

Edit: Thought Diablo LoD might be doing a disc check before it moved to a new act but the bug persists even if I have the CD inserted. I'll try a fresh install later on.

It shouldn't be related to the launcher. You can always try running the game manually and checking. Maybe some of your other D2 files are corrupt, it often happens with old CDs. As you said, try reinstalling, or downloading D2 from a torrent.

I'm glad it works for other people. :)
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017