MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Mine is set to run as administrator by default, since I installed it. I still have to change it every time. Also, the "windowed" option "settings.json" is already set to false.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
as I said, don't install d2 nor the launcher in the Program Files folder. install it somewhere else. windows like to blocks programs from changing stuff in Program Files
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Azathoth wrote:
lordalexander74 wrote:Only issue I found using the launcher, I have it set to play fullscreen, and often it doesn't start in full screen. No option to resize/maximize the window. Takes a couple tries, but restarting both the launcher and game works.

Just go into settings before starting it up and then check and uncheck the windowed mode option. This makes my game start in full screen from the first try, just doesn't get saved properly.

Isn't there a settings file in the installation folder that we can change? I tried looking for one but couldn't find it.

Have same problem, need to always go into settings for them to take effect, its saved but not read when the launcher starts it seems.
My diablo is on D:\Games\DIablo II\MXL launcher so it shouldnt be a problem reading/writing the settings file.
Its on a seperate drive than the whole windows itself
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Yeah, it's not about installing in Program Files, I checked that of course, but Windows 10 does have weird security settings...oh well.
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
New issue: Recently loading the game via the launcher gives me the c0000005 error. Installed on day one onto D2 1.13c, played perfectly since then.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561
A day or so ago, I followed the above guide here to install MXL 2017 w/ D2SE and Plugy for single player, in case my internet connection craps out or I'm on vacation and can't bring my gaming rig. Copied my vanilla D2 files (I've a vanilla D2 install backed up) to another location, and followed that guide. Everything seemed to work fine.

Tried running the launcher today, and encountered that error. I can run MXL and log on to TSW fine with out using the launcher. Only when I started messing around trying to get single player w/ plugy up and running is when I encountered issues. Reinstalling D2 and MXL via launcher didn't help, still can't use the launcher to load D2.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?
Kye77
Skeleton
3 | 0
Just thought I'd report in too...
mmodbq
Prowler
17 | 0
What about update 2 ? :) cant download through launcher :P
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Azathoth wrote:Yeah, it's not about installing in Program Files, I checked that of course, but Windows 10 does have weird security settings...oh well.

No idea, but it's probably caused by windows blocking access. I'll try to look into it.
I assume you've tried running the launcher as admin.
Is there anything in the error_log.txt?

lordalexander74 wrote:New issue: Recently loading the game via the launcher gives me the c0000005 error. Installed on day one onto D2 1.13c, played perfectly since then.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561
A day or so ago, I followed the above guide here to install MXL 2017 w/ D2SE and Plugy for single player, in case my internet connection craps out or I'm on vacation and can't bring my gaming rig. Copied my vanilla D2 files (I've a vanilla D2 install backed up) to another location, and followed that guide. Everything seemed to work fine.

Tried running the launcher today, and encountered that error. I can run MXL and log on to TSW fine with out using the launcher. Only when I started messing around trying to get single player w/ plugy up and running is when I encountered issues. Reinstalling D2 and MXL via launcher didn't help, still can't use the launcher to load D2.

c0000005 on hitting multiplayer can be fixed by adding game.exe and Diablo II.exe to the DEP excpetions list. you can find instructions in Menu>Multiplayer>Join (bottom of the page)
c0000005 can be caused by d2se/plugy not being set up properly
c0000005 can be related to video modes missing from registry. you can try running D2VidTst.exe

check that the launcher is using the correct D2 folder path (in launcher settings).
try to set game.exe and Diablo II.exe to run as admin.

Kye77 wrote:Just thought I'd report in too...

thanks, this is fixed in the next launcher version.
can you continue using the launcher after that, or does it block it from working?

mmodbq wrote:What about update 2 ? :) cant download through launcher :P

Version 3 of Median 2017 will be available for update/install trough the launcher in 20 minutes, when the upload finishes. I'll bump this thread.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Median 2017 version 3 update is up.
You can update or install it trough the Launcher now.
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Quirinus wrote:
lordalexander74 wrote:New issue: Recently loading the game via the launcher gives me the c0000005 error. Installed on day one onto D2 1.13c, played perfectly since then.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561

c0000005 on hitting multiplayer can be fixed by adding game.exe and Diablo II.exe to the DEP excpetions list. you can find instructions in Menu>Multiplayer>Join (bottom of the page)
c0000005 can be caused by d2se/plugy not being set up properly
c0000005 can be related to video modes missing from registry. you can try running D2VidTst.exe

check that the launcher is using the correct D2 folder path (in launcher settings).
try to set game.exe and Diablo II.exe to run as admin.

Following a complete reinstall of D2 and MXL/launcher, and updating with the new patch, I tried running multiplayer before and after all those suggestions. Thankfully at the end, I could still access TSW through Diablo II.exe, though using the launcher for multiplayer still gives the c0000005 error. That's after checking compatibility, running the .exe files as admin and adding them to the DEP exception list. Still get that error after hitting multiplayer.

Someone suggested trying to add the launcher to the DEP list, but Windows won't let me do that. I can still access TSW, so not using the launcher isn't a big deal. Would like to fix this at some point.

Thanks for the help.