Quirinus wrote:Anyone with non-English Windows willing to test a new version of the launcher?
I want to see if I fixed the bug that caused it to not work on non-English Windows.
I am using a french(Canada)
version of Windows 10 (Creators update, 1703)
Everything works perfectly for me using 3dfx Glide in Fullscreen, no issue at all. I thought I'd explain how I installed everything since some people seem to have much trouble playing this mod...
processor : i5-7600K
Graphics card : ASUS ROG Strix - Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
Motherboard : Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
RAM : Corsair, 1x 16GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
1- I installed an old 1.07 version of the game the normal way with the isos. (I tried with the 1.14 D2 bought from Blizz, but alas...)
2- Updated to 1.10
3- Updated to 1.12a
4- Updated to 1.13c
5- Copied all files (in MY Diablo II folder) that are in https://tsw.median-xl.com/multiplayer.zip
as well as d2vidtst.exe to a separate folder
6- Updated to 1.14b (so D2 can work on Windows 10)
7- Copy/pasted the files I had backed up back into the Diablo II folder (Windows 10 liked that ALOT more than downloading multiplayer.zip and just extracting it in the D2 folder).
8- Put Diablo II.exe, game.exe and d2vidtst.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and I used "modify settings for all users" to check "run as administrator" to make sure everything will try to run as admin.
9- Ran d2vidtst.exe and selected 3dfx Glide after the test ended.
10- Downloaded and installed the Median XL Launcher 0.2.8
11- Set Median XL.exe to run as administrator
12- When starting the launcher, everything works fine. No error message or anything.
13- I clicked the Install button and waited until completed.
14- From the Median XL Launcher, I clicked settings--> Run video test and chose 3dfx Glide again (just to make sure)
15- Went in the "Glide settings" and clicked the "settings" button
15.1- Unchecked "Windowed mode"
15.2- Checked "keep aspect ratio"
15.3- changed fps limit to "no" fps-limit
15.4- changed static size to "no"
15.5- changed refresh rate to 60hz
15.6- UNchecked "desktop resolution"
16- Clicked the "Renderer settings" button
16.1- changed "texture-memory" to 108 MB
16.2- changed "buffer-texture-size" to 4096x4096
16.3- Checked every checkbox in "renderer settings" except the "no gamma" option
17- Clicked the "Extensions" button and checked every checkbox.
18- Closed the Glide settings window and closed the Median XL launcher settings.
19- Clicked the play button and... Bingo. Both Single player and multiplayer work without any issue or crash whatsoever. No D2SE, no Plugy. In fullscreen, with sound, without Windows Data execution prevention (Never had to touch that), 3dfx Glide enabled. Boom :3
P.S. Downloading the Median XL files directly and extracting them in the D2 folder caused access violations no matter what I tried, so the launcher is definitely much easier for installing.
I hope it helps,