How do you prevent windows update?

Need help installing the mod?
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
XP service pack 2 is optimum, as far as I'm aware.
Run the box and forget about updates.
kupo3000
Skeleton
2 | 0
Since many are having trouble with glide errors then consider trying this. No crashes or errors while running Windows 10 version 1903.

1. Download dgVoodoo2_62_1.zip from http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html
Note: Firefox might flag it as a virus but it's just a false positive.

2. Extract the contents from dgVoodoo2 to anywhere you want. In my case C:\dgVoodoo2

3. Copy Glide3x.dll from dgVoodoo2\3Dfx\x86\ to your Diablo II installation. Make a backup of the previous Glide3x.dll just in case.

4. Run dgVoodoo 2.exe, add Diablo II folder and configure it to your liking or try out my settings for comparison if on 1920x1080 resolution.

5. Current results and I hope this solved the glide errors for everyone. :-D

Note: If you activate Force bilinear filter and/or Antialiasing (MSAA) you'll probably get grid artifacts.
Aryzen
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks a ton!!!
I did as you said and finally Median runs with Glide, no more errors. :-D
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
There are also few user that were able to use Glide with the latest Win10 updates by configuring its settings as such:
► Glide Settings

Just leaving this here.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
kupo3000 wrote:Since many are having trouble with glide errors then consider trying this. No crashes or errors while running Windows 10 version 1903.

1. Download dgVoodoo2_62_1.zip from http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html
Note: Firefox might flag it as a virus but it's just a false positive.

2. Extract the contents from dgVoodoo2 to anywhere you want. In my case C:\dgVoodoo2

3. Copy Glide3x.dll from dgVoodoo2\3Dfx\x86\ to your Diablo II installation. Make a backup of the previous Glide3x.dll just in case.

4. Run dgVoodoo 2.exe, add Diablo II folder and configure it to your liking or try out my settings for comparison if on 1920x1080 resolution.

5. Current results and I hope this solved the glide errors for everyone. :-D

Note: If you activate Force bilinear filter and/or Antialiasing (MSAA) you'll probably get grid artifacts.

I assume that you keep the Voodoo window open while you run Diablo 2.exe? I'm still having access violation when I run the exe.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Maybe it's just separate client bug that appeared at the same time? Remove MedianXL folder(make backup) from appdata and restart pc.
kupo3000
Skeleton
2 | 0
Cheno wrote:
I assume that you keep the Voodoo window open while you run Diablo 2.exe? I'm still having access violation when I run the exe.

No, it's not necessary to keep the dgVoodoo2 client open while running Diablo 2. Did the access violation stop after trying what
Ywinel posted? ;-|
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ywinel wrote:Maybe it's just separate client bug that appeared at the same time? Remove MedianXL folder(make backup) from appdata and restart pc.

kupo3000 wrote:No, it's not necessary to keep the dgVoodoo2 client open while running Diablo 2. Did the access violation stop after trying what
Ywinel posted? ;-|

No change.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:
Ywinel wrote:Maybe it's just separate client bug that appeared at the same time? Remove MedianXL folder(make backup) from appdata and restart pc.

kupo3000 wrote:No, it's not necessary to keep the dgVoodoo2 client open while running Diablo 2. Did the access violation stop after trying what
Ywinel posted? ;-|

No change.

There is also one thing worth trying that tends to fix some problems. Right click your game's exe file -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run in 640x480...". I have no idea how it affects anything but helped me once.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ywinel wrote:
Cheno wrote:

Ywinel posted? ;-|

No change.

There is also one thing worth trying that tends to fix some problems. Right click your game's exe file -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run in 640x480...". I have no idea how it affects anything but helped me once.

Doesn't seem to make any difference at all. What would be the difference between the x64 .dll and the x86 .dll?