How do you prevent windows update?

Need help installing the mod?
Asteldm
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views

I have the windows update service disabled but it still forced its way to download. If I accept this update glide will no longer work at all with d2lod or median xl.

Anyone know a fix for glide after this feature update?
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I updated my windows yesterday, glide still works just fine for me :coolstorybob:
Asteldm
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Helzopro wrote:I updated my windows yesterday, glide still works just fine for me :coolstorybob:

Are you sure you have the "features" update? Isn't exactly a normal windows update.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
it was the same one as you, I delay my updates for a year and it changed my search box.
Asteldm
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I now have this issue after the update.

RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Asteldm wrote:I now have this issue after the update.
► Show Spoiler

I'm not sure there is a proven solution right now fro that problem connected to the latest Win10 updates, and if there is I've probably missed it.
Anyway you might try a couple of things:

• Make sure that Diablo II.exe is set to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher is set to run as an Administrator. Then restart the PC.
  • Uninstall both the Launcher and Diablo2+LoD, make sure your PC has not leftovers of Median and Diablo2 (use a cleaning software if needed, like Iobit Uninstaller for example). Restart the PC and install Diablo2+LoD again, make sure it runs fine, then download and install (running the installer as an Administrator) the latest iteration of the Median Launcher.

If the above didn't solve anything, if you're okay we could try a little experiment:
Backup your original glide3x.dll file into another folder, and replace it in its original place with this. It's an updated .dll from Zeus Software nGlide, maybe the problem doesn't present itself using this one, just an experiment.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Asteldm
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I'm not sure there is a proven solution right now fro that problem connected to the latest Win10 updates, and if there is I've probably missed it.

• Make sure that Diablo II.exe is set to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher is set to run as an Administrator. Then restart the PC.
  • Uninstall both the Launcher and Diablo2+LoD, make sure your PC has not leftovers of Median and Diablo2 (use a cleaning software if needed, like Iobit Uninstaller for example). Restart the PC and install Diablo2+LoD again, make sure it runs fine, then download and install (running the installer as an Administrator) the latest iteration of the Median Launcher.

If the above didn't solve anything, if you're okay we could try a little experiment:
Backup your original glide3x.dll file into another folder, and replace it in its original place with this. It's an updated .dll from Zeus Software nGlide, maybe the problem doesn't present itself using this one, just an experiment.

I mean I don't get any errors but it doesn't follow the glide settings. It goes full screen even after configuring to windowed.

While launching one second its fullscreen one second its windowed then back to fullscreen and then the picture loads where I can select sp or realm.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Asteldm wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I mean I don't get any errors but it doesn't follow the glide settings. It goes full screen even after configuring to windowed.

While launching one second its fullscreen one second its windowed then back to fullscreen and then the picture loads where I can select sp or realm.

So using the .dll I attached the error doesn't occur but you are unable to fully configure it? I suppose for now it would be better to replace the .dll with your backup one and use another video mode for the time being.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Asteldm
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
Asteldm wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
► Show Spoiler

So using the .dll I attached the error doesn't occur but you are unable to fully configure it? I suppose for now it would be better to replace the .dll with your backup one and use another video mode for the time being.

So what's the future for glide with d2 and windows 10? Could you or someone else try configuring it?
Aryzen
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello,
Any news on this?
After updating to 1.3.0, I get the Access Violation using Glide and Sven's Glider. I even tried the dll from your link and the game launches but lags and random crashes.