Ennead Challenge

Discuss Median XL!
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I wish the level requirement was lower to enter.

I'm the type of player that tries 100 different builds (each from scratch rather than respecs), rather than push 1 or 2 builds to higher (130+) levels. It takes very little time to level a character from 1-this point, if you know what you're doing.

I always find myself killing Mephisto in Nightmare and being unable to enter the portal until I level up some more. Like, every, fucking, time.
Maybe the exp progression through act 3 just wants me to clear each of the entire Kurast areas? Seems pointless when the only good loot you can drop is UMO's, which can drop anywhere.

I always find myself being about 7-8 levels below the area level through early-mid nightmare. Am I supposed to just stop rushing and waste time killing trash mobs with no chance of decent loot? Or is this 'challenge' supposed to be returned back to once I hit lvl80?

I tend to not like all the fucking around with with challenges and gear upgrades until it actually matters. Most of my characters reach 'hell' difficulty while still wearing some tier 1 runewords that I made in act 1 normal.
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
That issue will be disappear, while playing in hardcore
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
nodoubt0322 wrote:That issue will be disappear, while playing in hardcore

Playing 'hardcore' means over leveling and twinking gear right?

Go fuck yourself!
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Maybe if you just learned to kill mobs in the respective zone until you're in the same level range of roughly -/+1 instead of telling people to go fuck themselves for no reason other then looking like an autistic moron, you wouldn't have this issue.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The level requirement is there to properly curve players into nightmare exp progression. If you're 72 after killing mephisto it means you're 13 levels under curve. This is a vicious cycle as the larger the gap the less experience you get and thus the slower you catch up. You can benefit from elite-heavy zones to catch up on curve and not drift away from it, alvl setting for automap is there for this reason.

tl;dr don't skip nm sewers or you get offcurved
Uubie
Ice Clan
561 | 7
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
I tend to go through each act, and when I'm done with an act, I will farm for the eye of the act, i just finished. That way I tend to reach level 80 before Mephisto.