Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Howdy.

I need help from veterans in the Laz fight. So basically I have a lvl 135 trapsin having only laz left to take down before Samael. At least trying.

I have tried the following: 75% block, max PB, throwsin setup. Around 200% FHR, 200% FBR and Void in knife. Using Maelstrom to clear trash. Sounds like a classic build for this, especially since assassin is the easiest class to do this fight with. Problem is not damaging him, it is ditching him and clearing trash. My best attempt was 50% of his hp done, killed by inability to ditch him. When I do manage to ditch him by pure luck, I get killed by totems by trying to get closer. Maelstrom can’t hit them in certain angles.

With my original trapsin clearing is a piece of cake, but getting enough AR to hit and slow him is barely possible.
Not counting the fact that claw block is only effective when immobile. It feels easier with throwsin to say the least.

I avoided doing this for years. Guess my fear was justified. Made this a thread so perhaps someone else can get valuable advice out of this.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Not counting the fact that claw block is only effective when immobile.

So... useless?
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
When you alnost at the end of lap 1, summon edyrem far forward. Then right after he pounce you, run away to pass that edyrem as far as you can. He will pounce him instead of you.

Im pretty sure claw give less frame and psionic storm easier to clear traps. Twinfang for mobs.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Did Laz change since Sigma?

ATMG has 100% hit chance, Psionic Storm often gets the totems which you can't hit. You need more movement speed.
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Knight_Saber wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:Not counting the fact that claw block is only effective when immobile.

So... useless?

claw block work always, hp regen works only when you dont move
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nitz wrote:Did Laz change since Sigma?

ATMG has 100% hit chance, Psionic Storm often gets the totems which you can't hit. You need more movement speed.

Laz didn’t change much ever. Last time I completed him I died like 5 times. Major change is the lockout. For move speed, I have 40% boots, SR and that’s kind of that. Beacon is a bad idea because well, nukes lol. Having an Adrenaline Rush might help
leexun
Stone Warrior
30 | 11
you need this?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeah. Tease me dude ... Haha

I will get it eventually. This guy is more about technique when you have the right setup.

Edit: Yay I won. My build was lacking cast speed. It got me wrecked every time. Did it with trapsin gear. Did not even bother slowing him. He pounces, you shoot and walk away. Edyrems worked wonders when cast ahead of you.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Sprow wrote:
Knight_Saber wrote:

So... useless?

claw block work always, hp regen works only when you dont move

You do realise that in the description of Artifice Mastery, it states that it does not work while walking or running right?

Dual claw block could reach 75% and work just like shield block 10 years ago, not now.

HP regen is constant.

Sprow, please put down the crack pipe.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Nitz wrote:Did Laz change since Sigma?

No attack has more than 95% chance to hit (or less than 5%), as far as I know.
It's all based on Dungeons and Dragons from before you were born. Rolling a D20, 1 is always fail, 20 is always success. I know because I always roll natural 20's. ;)

Even things that say "ignore targets defense", still have 95% chance to hit, this is the game engine since 2000.