CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pinball wrote:
Magisch wrote:For sockets, do you reckon the new -2% all enemy res rune is better then 5% energy gem?

I'm not smaxing any totem atm. I'm currently at:

10p Frostclaw
1p Stormeye
20p Fireheart

Max Mastery
Max Soulbond
Max Embalming
Max Jinn
1p Talon's Hold
Remaining Death Ward

I did check and it was confirmed that Jinn actually double dips with its aura, the aura applies to you, gets transferred to your totems and then applies to your totems, meaning the effect is double if both are in range

Why fireheart? My pierce atm

Forgot to do 5 eyes lol

Only currently lvl 84, but fireheart is the best totem out of the 3. Frostclaw has great single target, but fireheart does both aoe and single with great damage. So why not fireheart?
loveless
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Ruubel wrote:summmons def better, totems really need that 10-15 pt from totem mastery ( +3an4 additional totems and avoid and life )

Well crap...I already invested in totems. A bit clunky, I must say and mana cost is high but I'm still very low lvl...Might as well reroll and go summons and switch to totems later.

Impressions so far: cold totem is good single target but slow and targeting is wonky (I wonder if FCR will make it travel faster), and lightning one has crap AoE. Heading towards fire totem.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
A question, do you need to invest 5 points into the totem skills to give it 75% elemental resistances just like minions do?

I think i'll play something along Fire + Cold totem and Iron Golem + Veil King summons. Sort of a hybrid, throw in stormeye totem just to trigger the spell damage bonus.
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
loveless wrote:
Ruubel wrote:summmons def better, totems really need that 10-15 pt from totem mastery ( +3an4 additional totems and avoid and life )

Well crap...I already invested in totems. A bit clunky, I must say and mana cost is high but I'm still very low lvl...Might as well reroll and go summons and switch to totems later.

Impressions so far: cold totem is good single target but slow and targeting is wonky (I wonder if FCR will make it travel faster), and lightning one has crap AoE. Heading towards fire totem.

No need to go summons. Totems are only clunky for like 15 levels and then it's smooth sailing. Just put 1 level into skele if you want and summon it then port on it. Keep putting points into Energy and you will have plenty of mana to spawn 1 totem and port to it. You will most likely keep lite totem lvl 1 so the mana cost will be low.

I did what the guy above said and went 10 pts in cold totem, 1 in lite, max fire. I got to lvl 102 in like 4-5 hours or so. It's super quick and easy.
loveless
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Yeah, I'm in Act 4 now and it's smooth. I have few points in lightning totem but oh well...
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm maxing only fireheart currently with left points into boneyard so it's rather half totemancer but it works fine. Boneyard can stack really well and I can focus some target(with totem only build you can focus sth by jumping on its head and effect is not guaranteed anyway xd). 120 now and it's going quiet smooth, stormeye doesn't seem to be better. I thought it would work like shotgun versus monsters coming at you but its cast speed speed is not dependable.

I think that going Deathlord+Pestilence with totems may be also the way. There was once build for jumping with Pestilence as Deathlord. Adding totems there would have a point. Stormeye would be fun. Stats are just problem there, choice between dex and ene.

Since totem max was reworked they are strange to build around. You must use all totems but can't max all so it ends up with one dealing most of dmg and rest just applying buff :/
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ofc you guys can leveling with totemnec. Its ez. The real problems will happens when you get 125 or more in fauzt lol.

And yeah after few testing i can say Fireheart is more superior than Frost Claw even in boss fight. Boss has tele on dmged so with many hits from Frostclaw they tele a lot, then your Frostclaw hits less.
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeah like Pinball said before. Currently I'm lvl 103, doing good. But I wonder with low range of totems, how will TA and fauzt go. Teleporting on top of Amazon's or necrobots will be an instant death or really slow farming speed . Maybe some kind of merc is needed. Anyone lvl 120 + can share exp?
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Totemnec will has hard time against bosses who has teleport when damaged for sure. As I said before about Frostclaw. Fireheart sucks here also cuz the slow projectiles speed and much less fire balls. My fireheart has 5k1 damage and still cant even took down half of Astrogha. Same result for Frostclaw.

Testing many things and discussed with many ppl. Still poo results.

Marco said totemnec can even do lab... but meh... maybe I'm just sucks this time with totemnec. I will off this ladder then cuz not gonna play xbow since it's really boring to me.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pinball wrote:Totemnec will has hard time against bosses who has teleport when damaged for sure. As I said before about Frostclaw. Fireheart sucks here also cuz the slow projectiles speed and much less fire balls. My fireheart has 5k1 damage and still cant even took down half of Astrogha. Same result for Frostclaw.

Moving enemy is sure annoying but totems are capable of keeping up. The worst case are bosses with meatshield, that's what makes Astrogha hard for totemancer - totems focus. But I agree some running enemies are hell, like quov tsin - it's just better to go solo with boneyard on him xd