Best builds for lab?

Discuss Median XL!
isthisminecraft
Stygian Watcher
40 | 2
What do you think will be the top builds for lab in 1.3?
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Bowzon still decent. I managed to complete t14 with it and I started quite late.

Bow druid is also a viable option now, dare I say.

Summoner barb is really good.

Melee sorc.

Trap druid still works.

Maybe xbow necro
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'd have thought MMzon would still be up there given you can stack max res so easily, it does absurd damage and is ranged. It has been nerfed slightly, but I can't imagine its no longer viable.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
riddyl wrote:I'd have thought MMzon would still be up there given you can stack max res so easily, it does absurd damage and is ranged. It has been nerfed slightly, but I can't imagine its no longer viable.

Exactly. The nerf was too small in my opinion. For a class that gets 5% free max res compared to others (wheel of fortune + dreamflance), the nerf wasn't hard enough.
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Celestialray wrote:
riddyl wrote:I'd have thought MMzon would still be up there given you can stack max res so easily, it does absurd damage and is ranged. It has been nerfed slightly, but I can't imagine its no longer viable.

Exactly. The nerf was too small in my opinion. For a class that gets 5% free max res compared to others (wheel of fortune + dreamflance), the nerf wasn't hard enough.

Time will tell. It may be that mmzon is in about the right place lab wise and other builds need better access to max res to bridge the gap.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
We still don't know if the sleep laz trophy is just as broken now. I foresee a nerf to the max res becoming 0-1% or just 1%. But it's a good thing zann esu is gone. I forgot about that jewel, was a very important part of mmzon.
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Celestialray wrote:We still don't know if the sleep laz trophy is just as broken now. I foresee a nerf to the max res becoming 0-1% or just 1%. But it's a good thing zann esu is gone. I forgot about that jewel, was a very important part of mmzon.

Zann Esu still there but with guaranteed +1 to a single element, so a definite re-balance. To be honest, you didn't even need it to hit 90res all because of the aforementioned DF/WoF (or Golden Chariot) availability.

Trophies, including Sleep recipe, will now have fixed stats and do not roll :mrgreen:
exlyst
Prowler
17 | 0
what about UHC? do you guys think it will be succesful in labs?
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
exlyst wrote:what about UHC? do you guys think it will be succesful in labs?

Slayer based UHC with MM scepter should do well. Since your mindflay acts as magic pierce it should do well despite losing spellbind in higher labs (curse immunity). Apple nerf might be a deciding factor, however you do get tainted blood.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:
exlyst wrote:what about UHC? do you guys think it will be succesful in labs?

Slayer based UHC with MM scepter should do well. Since your mindflay acts as magic pierce it should do well despite losing spellbind in higher labs (curse immunity). Apple nerf might be a deciding factor, however you do get tainted blood.

also with uhc ( my nex ladder char ) you can use either crafted or runeword shields for either more def or life regen ( bear and eagle stance).

This char I hope could do well with crafted or runeword items and yberrare and yberextensive endagame items are not vital ( my hope). Also for newer players - MM scepter = oris' herald runeword