Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Riftshadow42 wrote:I come from Path of Exile and there there is crazy stuff like "My minion's minions". I would assume here the 200% dmg is for the Necrobots reanimations raised when your golem kills stuff

I came from Diablo and reanimates don't gain bonuses from +minion stuff.

I always understood it as it was the golems dmg (otherwise it would say something about aura) but it centainly needs some rephrasing.

Anyway, are you guys planning something for energy factor? It would be awesome if it wasn't so fcking craft-demanding. I don't miss the days when you could destroy heroics in 1sec with Abyss but with all this overhaul things got upside down and casters got a pretty raw deal. It's so much easier and less time-consuming to build wdm char to end-game than caster, new -res runes help a bit but you still need that energy factor, it makes TOO HUGE of a difference.

Maybe raise spell dmg overall but scale down the ef effect?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The best thing for casters would be if using a shrine would make the appropriate spell dmg and pierce have a higher chance to roll so you dont have to spend 500k shrines for 1 item.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Jampula wrote:
Riftshadow42 wrote:I come from Path of Exile and there there is crazy stuff like "My minion's minions". I would assume here the 200% dmg is for the Necrobots reanimations raised when your golem kills stuff

I always understood it as it was the golems dmg (otherwise it would say something about aura) but it centainly needs some rephrasing.

Anyway, are you guys planning something for energy factor? It would be awesome if it wasn't so fcking craft-demanding. I don't miss the days when you could destroy heroics in 1sec with Abyss but with all this overhaul things got upside down and casters got a pretty raw deal. It's so much easier and less time-consuming to build wdm char to end-game than caster, new -res runes help a bit but you still need that energy factor, it makes TOO HUGE of a difference.

EF suffers from the same thing as the block does. It's so frigging useless in anything but the end-game. The amount of stat points you get from charms is something out of this world. I'd rather have charms stat bonuses cut in half for 2 more stat points per level (Median 2008 had 10 pts per lvl but much less charms). Energy factor itself used to be even worse, as it didn't had any cap and it was increasing returns on the high end, I remember some crazy characters decked in UMO project gear that reached 1500% spell damage and could one shot anything with a singularity (assasin aoe spell, the char was using two umo project claws). The curve would need to be modified, so that you actually gain something early-mid game, because right now an item with 200 EF equipped by a char with 250 energy will get you something pitiful, like 3-5% spell damage. Equivalent of one socketed rune, almost useless stat.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Conquest wrote:
Jampula wrote:

EF suffers from the same thing as the block does. It's so frigging useless in anything but the end-game. The amount of stat points you get from charms is something out of this world. I'd rather have charms stat bonuses cut in half for 2 more stat points per level (Median 2008 had 10 pts per lvl but much less charms). Energy factor itself used to be even worse, as it didn't had any cap and it was increasing returns on the high end, I remember some crazy characters decked in UMO project gear that reached 1500% spell damage and could one shot anything with a singularity (assasin aoe spell, the char was using two umo project claws). The curve would need to be modified, so that you actually gain something early-mid game, because right now an item with 200 EF equipped by a char with 250 energy will get you something pitiful, like 3-5% spell damage. Equivalent of one socketed rune, almost useless stat.

The game is designed in a way, that you don't need ef early, because low bosses are not tanky, so ef not doing anything is not a problem. Things get tougher at 120, when bosses start getting tanky, and you need to work on your dmg output.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Conquest wrote:EF suffers from the same thing as the block does. It's so frigging useless in anything but the end-game. The amount of stat points you get from charms is something out of this world. I'd rather have charms stat bonuses cut in half for 2 more stat points per level (Median 2008 had 10 pts per lvl but much less charms). Energy factor itself used to be even worse, as it didn't had any cap and it was increasing returns on the high end, I remember some crazy characters decked in UMO project gear that reached 1500% spell damage and could one shot anything with a singularity (assasin aoe spell, the char was using two umo project claws). The curve would need to be modified, so that you actually gain something early-mid game, because right now an item with 200 EF equipped by a char with 250 energy will get you something pitiful, like 3-5% spell damage. Equivalent of one socketed rune, almost useless stat.

Yeah I memberrries, and dev team has done great job gradually removing those.

My point was crafting, you need ef jewel-crafting (and possibly eerie) to succeed late game, my fiancee got tired of it and decided to roll a barb for much easier living.

Of course every build needs work to succeed in end-game, but I see EF as a huge disability. And seeing the mod becoming more and more newb-friendly, it should change...
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thats like saying ewd should be removed from wdm chars.

spell damage and flat damage are direct ways to scale damage, and then ewd/ef are further scaling. in a nutshell.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:thats like saying ewd should be removed from wdm chars.

spell damage and flat damage are direct ways to scale damage, and then ewd/ef are further scaling. in a nutshell.

I know how scaling works. Remaining point is that wdm builds don't need to craft fuck tons of stuff to be successful.
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
  • Necro can spawn totems trough walls (gg ez dunc in hc)
  • "Banisher of light" gem minibosses pierce minion resists by crazy amount (oneshot any minion)
  • Dragonheart RW does not give defence based on character level (only base defence available)
boozek
Son of Lucion
738 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
- most of the O-skills are too weak, they don't stand a chance to class specific skills. Please consider buffing them.
What is the purpose of keeping so many O-skills that are never being used by anyone...
- when playing Bowzon I often get stuck on small objects like chests/torches etc.
(when keep pressing left click to run) normally character should run around the object.
- is it possible to add server name or small country flag in the lobby so I don't need to enter the server to get its location ? (I often enter 5 Asian servers in a row where I get huge lags)
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Why mouse wheel cant use for skill