Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mortimer_85 wrote:This Line in the patch notes made me think what it actually means:
MAGIC MISSILES: damage from level 2 to 28 reduced by 10%

• does the damage still only depends on slvlv and the damage gain from slvl 2 to 28 is reduced by 10% and from slvl 29 upwards the damage gain remains so we end up with the less relative damage reduction the higher the slvl gets
  • does the damage still only depends on slvlv and the actual total damage from slvl 2 to 28 is reduced by 10% and from slvl 29 upwards the total damage remains so we end up with the same damage from slvl 29 upwards
  • the damage somehow now depends on the base lvl and from base lvl 2 to 28 there is a damage reduction of 10% that gets removed as soon as you hit base lvl 29 (Would be weird damage jump when hitting this Breakpoint)
  • Something other

I tested a lot to find out and apparently the displayed MM damage still only depends on slvl but the overall damage is reduced by 10% no matter how high the slvl or base lvl of MM is.

So either the implemented changes do not work as intended or the line in the Patch Notes should be changed to:
MAGIC MISSILES: damage reduced by 10%

I can confirm that, my MM is base lvl 31, and its dmg is reduced by roughly that 10%.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'd tweak mana potions to be more useful. Why the duration on them DECREASES with better potions? This does not make any sense. 6 second mana regen potion is just dumb.

TL;DR make them all 60 second duration, with unchanged magnitude (150% on super pot)
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
Conquest wrote:I'd tweak mana potions to be more useful. Why the duration on them DECREASES with better potions? This does not make any sense. 6 second mana regen potion is just dumb.

TL;DR make them all 60 second duration, with unchanged magnitude (150% on super pot)

It recovers more efficiently as time decreases. Potions say smthing like "Heals 100% in 6-10seconds", meaning that they will recover 100% during that time, not regenerating with 100% speed, so increasing time would just make you gain mana/hp slower.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
mortimer_85 wrote:...

EMin: and EMax: Controls the basic minimum and maximum elemental damage dealt by this skill at sLvl 1.

EMinLev1: to EMinLev5: and EMaxLevDam1: to EMaxLevDam5: Controls the additional elemental damage added to the skills minimum and maximum damage for every additional sLvl. LevDam1 is used for sLvls 2-8, LevDam2 for 9-16, LevDam3 for 17-22, LevDam4 for 23-28 and LevDam5 for sLvls above 28.

You can read more about it there https://d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=440

Version 1.2.3:

Version 1.3.4:

Doesn't look like a 10% for me, but as you can see EMin/Emax and EMinLev5/EMaxLev5 are the same, that's why it does make sense to be specific about this particular level range from level 2 to level 28.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
koffi wrote:
Conquest wrote:I'd tweak mana potions to be more useful. Why the duration on them DECREASES with better potions? This does not make any sense. 6 second mana regen potion is just dumb.

It recovers more efficiently as time decreases. Potions say smthing like "Heals 100% in 6-10seconds", meaning that they will recover 100% during that time, not regenerating with 100% speed, so increasing time would just make you gain mana/hp slower.

Hp pots work like that, mana pots give +mana regen. I agree with Conquest even though I almost never use mana pots as there is usually a better way to sustain mana but early game there are some annoying mana-hungry builds. 60sec is a bit much maybe.

Deathlord cooldown is much lower than 10sec the skill desc says. I don't quite understand why do all the morphs (even Tiefling, Baneblade etc. that don't actually morph you) have cooldowns? They are so low I'dont really mind them, asking just out of curiosity, can they be abused somehow if cd's were removed?
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Jampula wrote:
koffi wrote:

Hp pots work like that, mana pots give +mana regen. I agree with Conquest even though I almost never use mana pots as there is usually a better way to sustain mana but early game there are some annoying mana-hungry builds. 60sec is a bit much maybe.

Deathlord cooldown is much lower than 10sec the skill desc says. I don't quite understand why do all the morphs (even Tiefling, Baneblade etc. that don't actually morph you) have cooldowns? They are so low I'dont really mind them, asking just out of curiosity, can they be abused somehow if cd's were removed?

Morphs used to de-morph you on death blow, leaving you still alive but with 1 HP or whatever you had. Without cooldown there was potential to abuse this, as you could recast the morph and you had something like Hearthstone divine shield effect, that would de morph you again.

This is not the case anymore, lethal damage will kill you right away, hence long (10s) cooldown is too much now. I'd leave it at 1 second to prevent you from accidentally casting the morph twice in a row but there is really no point of any longer CD.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Conquest wrote:Morphs used to de-morph you on death blow, leaving you still alive but with 1 HP or whatever you had. Without cooldown there was potential to abuse this, as you could recast the morph and you had something like Hearthstone divine shield effect, that would de morph you again.

This is not the case anymore, lethal damage will kill you right away, hence long (10s) cooldown is too much now. I'd leave it at 1 second to prevent you from accidentally casting the morph twice in a row but there is really no point of any longer CD.

Yeah I remember that but never heard of anyone actually abusing it.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Farsight Globe
Farsight Globe
Jewel

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 80
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
needs to be boosted. Found a few and they are pretty obsolete due to new runes, well maybe on RW's they have their uses.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Radament in the road to Uldy one hits me every time. 90%max res 550kdef, 18k hp
Is that ok ?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SwineFlu wrote:
mortimer_85 wrote:...

EMin: and EMax: Controls the basic minimum and maximum elemental damage dealt by this skill at sLvl 1.

EMinLev1: to EMinLev5: and EMaxLevDam1: to EMaxLevDam5: Controls the additional elemental damage added to the skills minimum and maximum damage for every additional sLvl. LevDam1 is used for sLvls 2-8, LevDam2 for 9-16, LevDam3 for 17-22, LevDam4 for 23-28 and LevDam5 for sLvls above 28.

You can read more about it there https://d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=440

Version 1.2.3:

Version 1.3.4:

Doesn't look like a 10% for me, but as you can see EMin/Emax and EMinLev5/EMaxLev5 are the same, that's why it does make sense to be specific about this particular level range from level 2 to level 28.

ty for the insight. But then it is terrible wording in the Patch Notes. Actually you only can alter Damage Gain in a particular Level range but not only the absolute Damage cause the loss will be carried over to higher slvls with less relative Impact the higher the slvl gets.

WIll now work trough some stuff from the link you posted….

► Show Spoiler