Median2017 - What Char Will You Start With

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Which character are you planning on starting with?

Amazon
16%
Necromancer
16%
Barbarian
13%
Sorceress
11%
Paladin
18%
Assassin
16%
Druid
11%

Total votes: 560

Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
From Sorc, to Pally thanks to 6 second duration timer on Solar Flare.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Prime_Evil wrote:" Guys is soulshatter a good skill?™ "

Do you know how long I was waiting for someone to ask that?

Lol
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
after briefly reading the patch notes here is what im thinking
bear claw on striking on quivers.. what's the ctc ;-| ?

Amazon
    looks interesting for lvl1 fire arrow - 30pts gives 10 fire arrows.. seems pretty cool
    storm tree - interested to see what new thunder hammer looks like, and magnetic field

Assassin
    I could never figure out how to play the bat strike well and never found nocturnal that good but interested to see how changes look
    Throw tree improvements look interesting too
    so does trap skill tree with no ND
    Obliterate as reward skill.. also interesting
Barbarian
    throw skill tree looks more appealing
Paladin
    bored of paladins from previous patches/ladders.. but holy skill tree looks interesting now and damn it if ctc bear claw on striking is high enough might just do tantrum again

I'm leaning towards assassin now.. limpet is always solid for ubers, seems interesting enough changes to other skill trees could make more viable assassin builds to try

But also want to see what hammer of zarae looks like on storm zon caused i loved hammerdins in clod
NurseJared
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Not much love for the TrapRat this patch - nothing favorable in the changelog either. In fact, a huge hit will be the reduction of 10skill buff from berry due to weaker elixir of power, and on top of that removal of flat health increase each level. One could argue increased ele damage from uber skill will help, but not so much for TR as they're primary DEX builds and that's STR bound.

Why the traprat hate?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dual-wield Summoner Barb

Claw + Caster Sin (sentry or magic)

Spearzon / Bloodzon

At least that what i thought when I saw the changelog. Not interested with other classes changes for now.
-----
Thunder Beetle
56 | 1
melee and throw barb
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
NurseJared wrote:Not much love for the TrapRat this patch - nothing favorable in the changelog either. In fact, a huge hit will be the reduction of 10skill buff from berry due to weaker elixir of power, and on top of that removal of flat health increase each level. One could argue increased ele damage from uber skill will help, but not so much for TR as they're primary DEX builds and that's STR bound.

Why the traprat hate?

trap rap was already a very strong build with (swap several cheap gear options) items. Maybe with the emphasis on scaled damage reduction and reduced impact of -enemy resistances the physical damage output of trap rat didn't need to be increased and will still be a solid, strong and cheap build. I was too lazy to buff with +10 skill elixir (plus didn't that not exist in recent patches?) and I still rolled with trap rat when I played it.

At least the enemy trap rats got damaged reduced.. :salut:
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I went from totemancer to wildfire/psn flash treewarden. I mean... wildfire was already strong enough in the last version and now it got buffed even more. I just HAVE to steamroll with druid now.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Change Log says it's time to Solfege's melee sorc.
Atlzac
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Throw Barb most likely unless you can axe in 1h and sword in 1h to whirl and thunder slam without wpn switch