Reanimator skill tree

Discuss Median XL!
Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Crash wrote:How are you going to get your reanimates to do any damage in current patch? Reanimates are extremely tanky, but you can't buff their damage since stances don't apply to them anymore, and buff totems are gone from the totem tree. You could get an aura like Fanaticism or a gift of the wild proc from a reanimate but certainly not viable currently for more than things that take beatings before dying.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that is where the Necronomicon Totem comes in. But the buff would have to be something like flat damage (probably either physical or magic to be viable against bosses).

Edit: It would probably have to be reanimate/summon exclusive to not be broken on player or a mercenary.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Penguincha wrote:I think that is where the Necronomicon Totem comes in. But the buff would have to be something like flat damage (probably either physical or magic to be viable against bosses).

Edit: It would probably have to be reanimate/summon exclusive to not be broken on player or a mercenary.

Yea, I'm just commenting on Ywinel's post about still being able to build one, but not to broken op power.
Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Crash wrote:
Penguincha wrote:I think that is where the Necronomicon Totem comes in. But the buff would have to be something like flat damage (probably either physical or magic to be viable against bosses).

Yea, I'm just commenting on Ywinel's post about still being able to build one, but not to broken op power.

Didn't see his comment earlier, my bad.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I doubt they would be good alone, nerf was too harsh. I thought about them as something to go along with totems. As far as I know, you can apply some buffs on totems twice (once on them, once from you, am I right?) - sound legit. Unseelie Lady has crazy Burning Veil(about 50%?), Lacuni with Gift of The Wild, for damage Giant with their Tremor and Razor Fur Titans with thorns(it would be rather damage reflecting army than damage dealing army but I don't have other idea). And for spammed reanimate - Zayl MO with Scimitars.
It's still bad and not promising, not cheap too. Just wanted to say that nothing is impossible, it's only matter of desperation :D
Hexium
Invader
8 | 0
There used to be a reanimator druid back then when they still have the charm buff skills. These buff skills give 50k flat damage max to your reanimates but not to summons. Once you get the staff
Hermanubis
(Reanimate chance used to be 25% per elite zombie IIRC) you are ready to kick uber bosses asses. Very fun with your army of 50k damage and very fast moving elite zombies firing off spike novas. It got nerfed really fast.

And now that Ive mentioned it, I miss charmer druid. It was such gimmicky/meme build and got reworked over and over again until finally removed.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Many builds are getting reworked in sigma(maybe not always in best directions but it's something at least xd). Maybe they will be reworked at some point or rather seems like they should be. Procs and reanimates were just nerfed massively so there may be some partial items rebalance, I hope.
Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Ywinel wrote:Many builds are getting reworked in sigma(maybe not always in best directions but it's something at least xd). Maybe they will be reworked at some point or rather seems like they should be. Procs and reanimates were just nerfed massively so there may be some partial items rebalance, I hope.

They have been adding a lvl 30 skill to a class these past 2 seasons; maybe there is hope for a reanimater skill next season.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Another idea I came up with to help prevent lag.

5 seconds after reanimate totems active they cast a curse/debuff on the spawned reanimates that causes them to die after 5 minutes. This way there wouldn't be mindless hordes of reans doing nothing but making lag
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hexium wrote:There used to be a reanimator druid back then when they still have the charm buff skills. These buff skills give 50k flat damage max to your reanimates but not to summons. Once you get the staff
Hermanubis
(Reanimate chance used to be 25% per elite zombie IIRC) you are ready to kick uber bosses asses. Very fun with your army of 50k damage and very fast moving elite zombies firing off spike novas. It got nerfed really fast.

And now that Ive mentioned it, I miss charmer druid. It was such gimmicky/meme build and got reworked over and over again until finally removed.

i remember that build. So much fun
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dunno why but i've decided to make one. Equpped
Shadowfiend
Shadowfiend
Marrow Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 45 to 49
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 275
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Strength)%
+8 to Necromancer Skill Levels
(50 to 70)% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+100% to Summoned Minion Life
+(125 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(25 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(100 to 130) Life after each Kill
10% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Quilted Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (11132 - 11789) to (12317 - 12993)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(5000 to 6000) Defense
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
Hibagon
, hidden crafted gloves and belt, no helmet(run out of shrines :D). It clears teganze with not bad speed.
I think we are underestimating reanimate builds. Wold stance + Grim Vision + Evocation Aura may give together 1000%+ phys dmg, 250%+ attack speed 35%+ crushing blow and 20% deadly strike. And there is still place to improve: Shamanka, 1a merc with dark power and reanimate gear on her too(because why not), buffing reanimates: knights with concetration aura, lacuni with gift of the wild, Unseelie Ladies with burning veil, Black Cats(slow + regen block). I think it can be really decent build.

WTB Hidden Shrines xD

EDIT: I've killed Tran Athulua and Kabraxis, still no helmet.