Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Strigvir wrote:What is the point of this change? I thought MXL17 will be newb-friendly, but the assumption behind making it drop-only is that player knows his build right off the bat. Not even talking about +max skill sources requiring respec and there are more than 3 sources of that.

So tell me, how will finding elixir as a drop stops u from respecing ur char infinite times when u get the +max skill item for urself? Oh i know, now u actually have to work for it to find something that was previously making game a cheese-slice for u, well cry me river..

Noob friendly =/= serving everything on a silver platter
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
It makes me think of SB's stormzon guide, talking about not cheesing ubers for first few attempts to gain a deeper understanding of the mod. In cLoD I think the investment in each character and the permanence of your choices offered a bit of replay value--of course games have moved to cater to the more casual gamer hence the inclusion of respecs. I think the less frequent respecs might actually lead to more build diversity (at least early im the ladder) since it will be more difficult to hop on the trending meta build for your class. 10 hours till we can make informed opinions--HYPE!
Strigvir
Vampiress
38 | 1
Rishab wrote:So tell me, how will finding elixir as a drop stops u from respecing ur char infinite times when u get the +max skill item for urself? Oh i know, now u actually have to work for it to find something that was previously making game a cheese-slice for u, well cry me river..

How is farming elixirs makes the game harder? Annoying, especially for new players, yes. But annoying ≠ harder. And if you can respec "infinitely" in the end, what does the change accomplish?
Rishab wrote:Noob friendly =/= serving everything on a silver platter

How exactly respecing is "serving everything on a silver platter"? It doesn't give bonus points and in most cases requires full item rearrangement/stat redistribution. If it's because people cheese your precious uber with it, well, maybe you shouldn't make an uber for one build (not even an archetype). Old Duncraig was like this and guess what, Laz changed it instead of banning TP scrolls or any sources of teleport, allowing for characters other than ethereal SU naginata sin with Pounce CotW to farm it.

And if respecing was supposed to be a "challenge", then explain why Blizzard added it in the first place (since no respec = maximum challenge) and why Laz made it even easier to perform.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Strigvir wrote:How is farming elixirs makes the game harder? Annoying, especially for new players, yes. But annoying ≠ harder. And if you can respec "infinitely" in the end, what does the change accomplish?

The game is harder because now respeccing your build has an opportunity cost. That means that if someone is unable to do an uber with their particular build and are out of respec pots, they'll have to go farm them to respec to a different build, and while they're doing that someone who is more skilled at the game will be able to do the uber without respeccing.

It's the same thing as how adding a hard uber to the game makes the game harder. Sure you can just farm gear till you can steamroll the uber, but more skilled players will be able to tackle it without farming as much.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
So maybe get better at the game instead of crying? JC&DV, there are plenty "casual type" of nerfs in this patch, to mobs for example... And complaining before patch is out even, yea... :facepalm: :thumb: You guys are really lucky that admins are that tolerant and humane, honestly.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Mahitovec, you dissapoint me. What happened to the old mahitovec used to be:

mahitovec wrote:govno
it sucks
n
awesome guide. didnt read ofc
lol those are dumb autistic cunts
not that gay as your avatar
or have iq over 50 and go full ene with full -req
wtfff that floor texture makes me puke
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i stopped using drugs and drinking alcohol (self-destructing overall). 6.5 years of trash is enough.
Не флуди ;) Мне тоже не хватает Шаутбокса))
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This is how i started Chaos Ladder:
I went through hatred, terror and destruction, did bcr challenges, started easy Ubers, started farming k3k, tran, triune, few dunc runs, couple more ubers... alll was made without one single respec, while few skills points were distributed into wrong skills from the beginning 8-)
At some point of course I had to respec but it was not like I had no choice.. I even told that story to one of my buddies on Realm whom i was trading with and he said something similar lol
We were simply too lazy to respec and to busy to farm i guess.
So I'm not worried about that change. Just my two cents.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Strigvir wrote:
Rishab wrote:So tell me, how will finding elixir as a drop stops u from respecing ur char infinite times when u get the +max skill item for urself? Oh i know, now u actually have to work for it to find something that was previously making game a cheese-slice for u, well cry me river..

How is farming elixirs makes the game harder? Annoying, especially for new players, yes. But annoying ≠ harder. And if you can respec "infinitely" in the end, what does the change accomplish?
Rishab wrote:Noob friendly =/= serving everything on a silver platter

How exactly respecing is "serving everything on a silver platter"? It doesn't give bonus points and in most cases requires full item rearrangement/stat redistribution. If it's because people cheese your precious uber with it, well, maybe you shouldn't make an uber for one build (not even an archetype). Old Duncraig was like this and guess what, Laz changed it instead of banning TP scrolls or any sources of teleport, allowing for characters other than ethereal SU naginata sin with Pounce CotW to farm it.

And if respecing was supposed to be a "challenge", then explain why Blizzard added it in the first place (since no respec = maximum challenge) and why Laz made it even easier to perform.

oh so experienced people can do things better than new people bcz they know about the game better? didnt knew that was a thing.

blizzard added 3 free respec only, we r giving infinite respec and in exchange u need to think before putting points.

And it was a mistake on Laz's side to change the map that way and make the uber so easy, the uber is stated as Extremely Hard in the docs so just bcz it have good drops doesn't mean it have to be easy to farm. That is the reason that map was removed and req teleport was added back
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Stilgaron
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Guys which are worrying about belladonna changes simply perfectionists - they can't physically stand to NOT RESPEC instantly when they have new max skill source :lol: