MXL-2017 Belladona Elixirs (respec potions) monster drop only

Discuss Median XL!
momope
Bone Archer
78 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Wondering the thought behind this? If they are a rare monster drop they are going to turn into a currency and will need stack functionality like signets.

Really not excited about this, I've always thought unlimited respecs was really nice for experimenting with builds etc. Sure you can respec to cheese an uber or something, but what's wrong with this?

All these changes to make the game more intuitive and accessible but this change seems counter-intuitive to that design direction.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
at first glance i dont like it either. but lets try it in practice instead of letting our first impresison rule our whole perception ok?
momope
Bone Archer
78 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Also for someone like me who hasn't played in several years, there's lots of new skills I've never seen before. I'm going to go through respecs fast which is lame. I'd have to try them out in single player instead?
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I personally think that what made D2 great was the amount of investment you put into each char. There should obviously be some adjustment mechanics and I think this is a great way to go about it. However, I do think that items such as these should be stackable like gold is since they will eventually be used as a form of currency and hoarding them is inevitable unless the drop rate is extremely high - which I doubt it is.

Similarly. Arcane Crystals, Signs, etc. All of these items should be stackable. Other than that, I welcome this change :D
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
No idea.

The patch hasn't even been released yet.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Honestly, I don't think it'll be so bad. You only ever really do a shitton of respeccing when you're testing or before you know what you're doing. Hopefully the drop rate will be high enough that by the time you start doing Ubers, having enough pots on-hand will be a non-issue.

I'm more concerned about builds that can't easily farm Dunc. It seems they're gonna have a hard time getting Signets of Learning now that the Special Box is gone.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
shouldnt nihlahtak still around... no?
dprazak
Cultist
24 | 2
Maybe respec pots will drop like gold maybe they drop like enchanting crystals. Until patch drop it's just speculation. Will den of evil quest still grant respec? If so, each character is guaranteed three respects by the time you reach A2 dest
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
iwansquall wrote:shouldnt nihlahtak still around... no?

Yeah, but I hate Nihlathak. Seriously, fk that guy. :lol:
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
► Show Spoiler

dprazak wrote:Maybe respec pots will drop like gold maybe they drop like enchanting crystals. Until patch drop it's just speculation. Will den of evil quest still grant respec? If so, each character is guaranteed three respects by the time you reach A2 dest

^ this.

u still get 3 free respec. It should be enough for u to get ur char working in destr + if u r walking the game and not getting rushed, u should find a bunch of belladona for urself. So unless ur favorite thing in game is to stand in town and respec into different builts for hours, u should be OK with finding a elixir every now-and-then when walking char or farming uber.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi