Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
LeQuebecois wrote:Thanks thats 'nice' to know even if I hope pierce would work .. does that mean +% ele dmg does not work either ?

spell damage applies to traps, read the subterfuge icon, it explains the spell scaling, but pierce only comes from base points in the actual traps.
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Crash wrote:
LeQuebecois wrote:Thanks thats 'nice' to know even if I hope pierce would work .. does that mean +% ele dmg does not work either ?

spell damage applies to traps, read the subterfuge icon, it explains the spell scaling, but pierce only comes from base points in the actual traps.

Thank you.
I've never really digged into deep game mechanics and I think playing HC will help me.

Little question for you : Subterfuge says '33% of magic/ele dmg is added to trap' . I hear 'if i have 100% to fire dmg , it adds 33% to fire trap' please correct me if i'm wrong.

Also , it says 'current 28%' , but I only have 3% spell dmg in an item. ( current subterfuge level gives 25% + my 3% spell dmg .. but shouldn't it be 26% ?)
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Fire/cold/lightning/physical and magical damage are taken at 33% efficiency. Which means if you have let’s say 12% to spell damage, it gives you 16% total.
12% is multiplied by 33%, so you get 4% bonus. But % spell damage covers all sources, so it is 4% four times. 16% total. If you have 12% to cold damage, traps will benefit from a 4% bonus.

This is a unique mechanic to this build. Same goes for traps not affected by - enemy resistances.
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Fire/cold/lightning/physical and magical damage are taken at 33% efficiency. Which means if you have let’s say 12% to spell damage, it gives you 16% total.
12% is multiplied by 33%, so you get 4% bonus. But % spell damage covers all sources, so it is 4% four times. 16% total. If you have 12% to cold damage, traps will benefit from a 4% bonus.

This is a unique mechanic to this build. Same goes for traps not affected by - enemy resistances.

Ok I get it .. but 'Fire/cold/lightning/physical and magical damage' that's 5 source of dmg.
So if we calculate again :
Any of Fire/cold/lightning/physical and magical % damage is multiplied by 33%. So having 100% fire spell dmg will give 33% to trap dmg by subterfuge.
However, %spell dmg covers all the source so if i have 18% , multiplied by 33% = 6% multiplied by the 5 source = 30% dmg to trap by subterfuge .. ?

That does not explain my 28% subterfuge dmg. I have only 3% to spell dmg and base subterfuge is 25% , following the calculation , it should be :
3% * 33/100 * 5 = 5% , so I should be at 30% ?

Maybe thats right for '% to X spell dmg , but % to spell dmg applies as is ?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Physical and magical are considered the same source of bonus. Just like on item modifiers.

Look at the mystic orbs that you can buy, the two comes together. So sources are: Fire, Cold, Lightning and Physical/magical. Total of 4
Edited by Johnny Impak 4 years.
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Physical and magical are considered the same source of bonus. Just like on item modifiers.

Look at the mystic orbs that you can buy, the two comes together.

Ok yeah I get it .. still does not fit with my current 28% tho should be 29% then.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
At this point maybe it is rounded up instead of down. You got the concept. Stack as much % all spell damage as you can
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
LeQuebecois wrote:

The Forgotten Staff

Back to the Town, I prepare myself for the real fight with Duriel.
To open the tomb where he lies, I need to find an old relic : The Staff of king.
This relic has been broken in 2 parts.
It's in the deep of a maggot lair in the middle of the desert that I found the first part

The Viper Temple

After a long walk in the desert, dying of thirst, I finally find the viper temple.
The second part lies here, burried in an old tomb that I need to find.

Updated act 2 story !
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I like this a lot, keep it up! (well, until you die) :thumb:
I hope there'll be more of this type of threads.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:I like this a lot, keep it up! (well, until you die) :thumb:
I hope there'll be more of this type of threads.

I remember following this kind of story on d2jsp years ago , this brings me back the nostalgic fun of the game.
Glad you enjoy and I hope other story around unusual builds comes up :).