Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
L H wrote:
suchbalance wrote:Re: Divine Apparition not working sometimes, can anyone post a recording of it or give me reliable steps to reproduce. Been DA-ing around a1 town for 5 minutes now and can't get this bug.

I think the issue lies within being hit locked in combat when quickly switching from a spell to DA.

With Tainted blood however, just quick casts of buffs, sometimes takes 2-3 casts to apply

The report said bug happened in town... About TB - tried in town both with minimum cast speed and 5fpa and it always applies on the first cast, again a video of this actually happening would be nice.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
In case it hasn't been reported yet,
Marksman's Eye
Marksman's Eye
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
5% Attack Speed
+3 to Minimum Damage
10% Bonus to Attack Rating
2% to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
UMO in-game description says +5 to Minimum Damage, but only gives +3.

► Show Spoiler
Artagel
Jungle Hunter
25 | 5
Problems of holy (melee) paladin in mxl2017:
1. Insufficient survival options - 300k~ defense without any other layer of defense doesn't cut it with current incoming damage and while blessed life is awesome, the flat DR does not suffice as a compensatory mechanic and it is also available to casters that will not have the same issue of having to be in melee to deliver damage. (At the time of writing I have 15+19 in blessed life, it gives 38% dr/186 flat)

2. Related to the first point - The melee part of the spec doesn't actually get any higher survivability; my current gear setup lands me at 346k defense with standard melee spec spread (smaxed plague, incarnation, blessed life, 10pt colosseum, 34pt dragon heart, x pointed rapture depending on preference): http://i.imgur.com/z7OMWOv.png

Compared to the same gear as a standard unholy dude with smaxed stormlord/tainted blood: http://i.imgur.com/2i42mA8.png
Without any changes in gear and same approach to stat investment (all points into energy instead of all points into str), stormlord matches the life contribution given through the 1/4 base str->vit from dragonheart and with 4 base point less we lose 70k defense except this is a caster. We have no reason to stand in melee with this dude except for when we want to, the melee dude will make no effective damage from any distance beyond 5yd. Tainted blood also adds 3.5% hp/sec at 30 base points which effectively means that the unholy dude is probably tankier in most scenarios or at least equal to the holy variant.

3. The entire skill tree screams "spend your points into str" - retals only damage (magic damage added) scaling comes from 4% of base str per soft point and incarnation gives some really nice bonuses for the exchange of having to click solar flare every 6th second, it throws a massive 69% life leech and a 125% spell damage bonus together with 14-18k flat AR more or less removing the need for base dex. And this playerbase is inherently opposed to skill switching so I guess that is a good incentive to keep this interaction going.

4. The speed rework, holy shit - the SPEED REWORK, I do not think the dragonform morph is overpowered by any stretch of the word so how can it EVER become a thing that hand of god requires *1680* attackspeed with the morph to reach 7fpa? (395 attack speed for 20WSM which is the tepoz speed and then 265 for the 10WSM weapons which are holy lance and paladin 1hers). One guy argued that rapture fixes this so it isn't an issue but I'm not so sure about that:

(See my post on this viewtopic.php?p=108657#p108657 here for the frame progression)

VoR has a horrible passive as holy (who cares about additional targets as a melee spec when the range isn't there in the first place - you are never fighting 15 targets within 4yd range, that is just stupid really), hoplites are the much superior summon for holy than scourges and demiurge vs rapture which both have merits in their own way.

I do not think light influence should be forced just to reach viable melee breakpoints for anything larger than a 1h weapon - 265as is already stretching it a bit too far in my mind. I personally played the most as light in the end, hoplites are actually ok for farming even 1pted and until recently I needed the skill ias from rapture to reach my breakpoints even with a decent amount of 10-15% as jewels - I currently dont need it for that though because I'm using the SSSU hand axe as my main weapon which is -10WSM.

5. Superbeast remains the godtier morph with actual 5fpa and 5 frame cast while dragonform has to settle for 7fpa/6 frame cast, while the hit recovery is much harsher as superbeast it is still a no contest between the morphs. Not certain if 6fpa is the solution here but the spec is as stated considered underpowered by the player base.

6. Why the fuck does the melee set (Cinadide's Craft) restrict solar flare? I was initially happy because friend of mine found the set ancient armor like 3 days into the ladder, then I equipped a second piece and realized that solar flare is flagged as one of the skills restricted by the 2set bonus. Sacrificing the bonuses of incarnation in order to get the dubious privilege of running a 40WSM weapon with 400max damage isn't really a viable tradeoff and the 400% EWD from the full set will not compensate for this. I will properly assess the set once I get the final piece I'm missing but seriously, it doesn't feel up to date with the current design of the skill tree and should be revamped to something people can consider using, especially as it uses two top end set pieces (set ancient and set hog) so it's not really realistic to find early.

7. Divine Judgment, the supposed new skill added in this patch and what is even worse is that it is supposed to be fixed in the midladder patch, "Fixed an issue with Divine Judgement damage delivery" - what is the point of this skill, what is the usage scenario and when should I want to use it, the damage takes forever to resolve and even on stationary targets retaliate feels equal (and that should never happen). Feel free to post the actual numbers for the skill and enlighten me why it is actually useful because in the current state of the game I really have to struggle to find myself using it over retal.

I think the solution is quite straightforward either way, add flat defense somewhere in the skill tree - can even make it reliant on base str like the rest of the tree in order to further drive home the point that it is one of the few raw str builds in the game. (One example could be 15-20 flat def per base point of str linked to either the morph or dragonheart, it wouldn't give balance tier defense but it wouldn't scale with skill level, rather scale with character charm/signet progression and stop scaling at a set point.

Consider revamping the speed tables for a already underplayed spec, in the two previous threads only one dude had actual constructive feedback with some other dudes memeing or just dismissing the spec entirely which is a boring way to approach the problem. I do not think it is unrelated that there has been no attempts at the paladin class challenges (except mine) even though there are like a million paladins on the ladder because two of them expect them to play holy melee and I get the impression that no one of note tried to play it properly.

Also make divine judgment actually do something, compare it to shit like stormblast family of skills or even crucify. I dare say I'm one of the only people that tried to use it this ladder and I can tell you, shit doesn't cut it in median endgame. I am technically a baby in terms of median progress - I only really have most basic charms but charm progression has been atrocious (jitan fight was circlekiting dudes with fucking whirlpool oskill poking to kill stuff, duncraig mobs had 27% chance to hit on the paladin and got him into hit recovery every time so that run took several hours etc etc and even with quite good gear he doesn't farm unformed land with any particular speed or grace). Not to mention that the single target is atrocious even with a 600max 1h weapon...

I welcome discussion/flames/whatever but surely the skill tree shouldn't just be filler content with the excuse that unholy is good. :|
liquidskymdxl
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello guys ive got a strange bug. Ive crafted tantrum bow for my paladin but i cant use it. Its show error "requires bow or crossbow". Help me please with this i killed half of day for craft this bow rofl. :stupid:
I cant use tantrum at all my paladin keep saying impossible etc. :-]
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
liquidskymdxl wrote:Hello guys ive got a strange bug. Ive crafted tantrum bow for my paladin but i cant use it. Its show error "requires bow or crossbow". Help me please with this i killed half of day for craft this bow rofl. :stupid:

Because you're standing in town. You can't use attacks in town.
liquidskymdxl
Skeleton
3 | 0
L H wrote:
liquidskymdxl wrote:Hello guys ive got a strange bug. Ive crafted tantrum bow for my paladin but i cant use it. Its show error "requires bow or crossbow". Help me please with this i killed half of day for craft this bow rofl. :stupid:

Because you're standing in town. You can't use attacks in town.

Problem was in my new belt. Totally forget about it. Very uncommon tier effect. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
20% for 2 seconds on Sky Siege is incredibly weak with 95% charms and 80% all pierce with ele damage to weapon build. Krys Pala helm, ghal belt, su gauntlets, hanabigami, valkyrie prime. Aren't many more ways to get damage, and it takes a full mana orb of jumping around for 2+ minutes to clear a room in tran. 800-2200 dmg and kill speed is awful. I haven't tried tantrum to know if that's any better, bubt it feels weak
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
^Second this. Especially the mana thing makes no sense. I want to play this game and feel like on steroids with ecstasy. I shouldn't have to look at my mana pool and I shouldn't have to wait for mana to regenerate. I don't want to use some other built to twink myself to get OP items like dementia to get some meaningful rainbow pierce. Make tantrum/atmg great again! (I actually think that happened because tantrum was too famous)

Damage too low, duration too short, mana costs too high, too expensive rainbow pierce.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm pretty okay with the duration, sinc I think Sky Siege has never changed from 2 seconds, but the 20% WDM hurts on it, even with Superbeast speed. Without stuff like 6x xis armor, krys helm, ghal belt, secret valkyrie bow from 6 emblems and deity bow athulua drop, QT amulet, it's expensive, as it should be, but the kill speed doesn't match up so well. I can't remember what tantrum used to be, but a damage buff (only slightly so it isnt silly op like it used to be) might help
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
the biggest nerf to those skills was actually CB nerf