M2017 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
PhucHung
Abomination
147 | 17
Rishab wrote:
PhucHung wrote:Sometimes we couldn't create portal to get to Cow level?

only the person who has done the last quest of act 5 can open portal

Yes I finished it. I'm the one who created the game and i'm the one who cubed them too. But I couldn't and had to make a new game @@
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The UMOs were made on old files and ported in without adhering to the damage rework changes. So yes most of those which give flat damage & spell damage are at least about 2x as powerful as they should be, this is a bug and already fixed in the next patch.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Charris wrote:
L H wrote:Edit: some umo's need merfed a bit. Crystal of tears should probably be closer to +2-5 flat dmg instead of +10-20 since people are getting zomg crafts with +180-360dmg

There's nothing wrong with these UMO's, Just because I found a way to make melee necromancer viable with them doesn't mean you have to go and call for a nerf on them, If they get nerfed as your requesting melee necro builds with just phys/magic damage may as well never be played except for a casual fun character that cant really do much without extreme difficulty, there are plenty of other overpowered builds and combos with other classes that can output more damage than i'm pushing so I can't see why you think something like this would be necessary, this is the only character I play and it will practically make the character useless against nearly every viable farmable uber.

-__-

I wasn't claiming they need nerfed simply because you "found a way to make melee necromancer viable". Melee necro is always viable. I built one with 5% dr from tran trophy and assorted low quality, unblessed, un-mo'd crafts I had laying around different characters and cleared dcows without any trouble at all.

It's very clear that they need nerfed, as aerial explained. I wasn't referring to your character even in the slightest when I mentioned they need nerfed. I was in fact, referring to aerial's. It just happened to be the UMO that I mentioned. Lodestone is also in need of a nerf. The +10% reqs on it help to balance it slightly, but for a paladin, it's no issue, especially when you can craft more spell damage jewels with -10% requirements. This patch, it was more or less who could expose the UMOs the fastest. As soon as Thunderman posted that screenshot of a crafted circlet with 80% all spell damage in the first week or something, people went crazy, and that began the race, so to speak, of UMO hunting. I've never once in my four or five years seen so many people wanting UMOs for projects besides Marksman Eye or Endless Light until this patch. Don't you think that's a bit strange?

My point being, don't be so quick to assume that everyone is trying to nerf your character just because you found success in an unbalanced item. The game is much more widespread than your one character, and the overall goal is to create a widespread, balanced game, for everyone, and as suchbalance explained:
suchbalance wrote:The UMOs were made on old files and ported in without adhering to the damage rework changes. So yes most of those which give flat damage & spell damage are at least about 2x as powerful as they should be, this is a bug and already fixed in the next patch.

Case in point.
Charris
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
suchbalance wrote:The UMOs were made on old files and ported in without adhering to the damage rework changes. So yes most of those which give flat damage & spell damage are at least about 2x as powerful as they should be, this is a bug and already fixed in the next patch.

"MYSTIC ORBS
Useless unique mystic orbs (read: nearly all) have been massively buffed"

^ this is from the new documentation, seems to me like the stat buff on the UMO's were intended, maybe there needs to be more testing or thought process going on before things like this are released then without supposedly knowing their "game breaking" potential. Some of the ubers are stupid hard, and I'm aware their meant to be, but they are even more so hard for a melee character, who has to be up front and personal with anything hes trying to kill, and therefore should be able to do more damage to compensate for the risk of getting obliterated so easily. Casters on the other hand have it much easier, can stand back away from the fray, possibly have a few minions to distract at the same time, while dealing incredible damage, and keeping clear of harm. People shouldn't have to make a caster/range character to cheese/easily farm the harder ubers, any character should be more viable in being able to gear up towards killing them all, I feel like the UMO changes were spot on and actually help close the gap from that lack of balance, any changes made to the flat damage umo's without changing other gears stats or weapons damage to compensate for the loss will be a hard hit on melee characters in general.
Charris
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
L H wrote:I wasn't claiming they need nerfed simply because you "found a way to make melee necromancer viable". Melee necro is always viable. I built one with 5% dr from tran trophy and assorted low quality, unblessed, un-mo'd crafts I had laying around different characters and cleared dcows without any trouble at all.

Dcows... um wow.. such an accomplishment. That's clearly not at all what i meant when i said viable ubers. Why don't you kill bpr with that sweet gimp geared necro you made, sounds so easy.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Charris wrote:
L H wrote:I wasn't claiming they need nerfed simply because you "found a way to make melee necromancer viable". Melee necro is always viable. I built one with 5% dr from tran trophy and assorted low quality, unblessed, un-mo'd crafts I had laying around different characters and cleared dcows without any trouble at all.

Dcows... um wow.. such an accomplishment. That's clearly not at all what i meant when i said viable ubers. Why don't you kill bpr with that sweet gimp geared necro you made, sounds so easy.

I killed two of them as they randomly spawned in a few runs, thank you. Less salt. The UMOs are getting nerfed as per SB, regardless of what you say. I'm not here to start arguments. I simply noticed, along with others, that having a pair of boots or gloves that have more physical damage than an actual weapon was pretty outrageous.
Charris
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
L H wrote:
Charris wrote:

I killed two of them as they randomly spawned in a few runs, thank you. Less salt. The UMOs are getting nerfed as per SB, regardless of what you say. I'm not here to start arguments. I simply noticed, along with others, that having a pair of boots or gloves that have more physical damage than an actual weapon was pretty outrageous.

Lol I seriously doubt you killed bpr with that character, your so full of it man.

Edit: let me elaborate.

I started my necro as my only character in years from scratch, no help, no rushing, no twinking, got level 120 on my own, farmed many of the charms and geared up with better gear slowly by trading, even with many charms, good gear, good health, and damage reduction, bpr is hard to kill with low dps which i guaratee you your melee necro has LOW dps geared the way your saying, and as any one who has tried to kill him as a melee will find out, staying near bpr to be able to even hit him in melee is very difficult, surviving in the process is nearly impossible with the character you half heartedly geared up. from personal experience I'm telling you its not possible to kill bpr, unless your alone in the game, with just bpr, and you die over and over and over countless times and even then you may not be able to kill him, so don't go and tell me lies when I know what is and what is not possible.

unless you can show proof with a video of your gear and stats, showing how your able to kill bpr on dest then I have absolutely no reason to believe you.

maybe others will believe you because you sometimes sound like you know what your talking about, but I for one will not believe the crap you spout to make yourself look better.
Edited by Charris 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You're **

Full of it or just know what stats to need to clear ubers without expensive UMO projects and gear?

We get it, you're angry.

Since you edited, here's my edit: It's very possible to kill BPR with shit gear. BPR is an easy boss. That's all I'll say towards it, as this is a feedback thread, not a rage thread.

With that said, to keep this back on topic:
Assassin's Queen of Blades at 1 hard point gives 2 blades, however it still only gives 2 blades at 2 hard points. It isn't til the 3rd hard point that you start to gain an extra blade per level. Is that intentional? Is blvl 2 supposed to give 3 blades? If not, then why not just make blvl1 give 1 blade so it avoids confusion on that part?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cataclysm has a transparent skill icon (the one to the right of Dark Summoning)

Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Skill Icon for Shadow Avatar is also transparent.