M2017 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
PahanoKKK
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi. I was wondering - was it meant for sorc familiars to be able to die? Because they didnt even in tran athulua, and they are just dissapering in Halls of Pain because of Razor fur titans.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
PahanoKKK wrote:Hi. I was wondering - was it meant for sorc familiars to be able to die? Because they didnt even in tran athulua, and they are just dissapering in Halls of Pain because of Razor fur titans.

While familiars are untargetable, they aren't immune to everything. In case of razor für Titans: they have an aura that reflects damage. So when your familiars attack, they take damage. And since they don't have a lot base life (I mean... why should they? They are untargetable already and thus nearly immortal anyway) they die.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
PahanoKKK wrote:Hi. I was wondering - was it meant for sorc familiars to be able to die? Because they didnt even in tran athulua, and they are just dissapering in Halls of Pain because of Razor fur titans.

probably not, but this has been known for a long time so if it was fixable/unintentional then it would have been fixed by now
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
*Uldy stages- skipable with spinning skills (ww, spin to win). Is it possible to force boss open a red portal, once he's dead? I've seen such mechanic in quite many mods. Also, right now, it has 50 stages, I think? Most of them aren't that impressive, sadly. Maybe it would be better to go quality over quantity and lower amount of stages to 25-30 for example and make them unique/challenging?
*Yshari- teleport over the walls works if you put cursor properly. Maybe making walls more bald would fix it?
*Yshari final boss- sometimes doesn't spawn, if you walked away before his appearance.
*Yshari chimera, somehow manages to ignore some of the walls, which is weird. Also her trinity beam shoots trough walls aswell.
*Laz is lurable into witch area.
*Arihan sometimes doesn't behave like he is supposed to. While being charmed keeps following you, sometimes starts to walk away from nila randomly, even though he is still charmed.
*Sometimes brach does not summon any guards, usually happens when using summoner build for fighting him.
*Void- cancer from start to the end. Imo 4. troll map roll could be removed, uber itself is annoying enough, don't see any reason to add frustration in that way. There is already 3 different layouts, so it will take some time to roll proper one anyway.
*Zorum tsin totem radius could be reduced atleast a little bit, right now it feels like one totem covers 1/2 of the map.
*BPR- very weak this patch, dies faster than he is able to start his cow squad running.
*Astrogha- nice fight in general this patch, he could have some indicator which would warn you, that he is about to cast his frozen orb. 1 second before he actually does, for example. Also, it feels like astro curse lasts for too long, it is 15-20 second right now. Why? Imo 7-10 seconds would be completely fine.
*Flaws in stony tomb/mausaleum - QT and Astro tend to jump outside of the map, which isn't that crucial, but is quite annoying at the same time.
*Baal (act boss)- very weak this patch, as final dot in the regular playtrough he could offer atleast some resistance.
*Duncraig small rooms- total cancer. After void charm nerf (2->3 sec cd) you cannot jump in the next room anymore, so only thing you can actually do is try to escape in TP or just stand still and pray that your avoid is going to proc (if you have any :lol: ) Also there is a lantern in one room (teleporting from assur segment in north direction), which locks you between it and the wall. Quite annoying, considering bush got removed this patch, this thing could get fixed aswell.
*Hephasto with his force wall nova is just hilarious. Imo a4q2 could give some more or less meaningful reward. Right now it's worth completing just to get rid of cain with his damn soulstone. And catalyst on hatred, ofc.

*Gladiator dominance- meme skill, gives just absurd stats. 2.3 k dex needed for max block without % bonus block chance, and all this on tankiest class in the game. Right now there is zero reasons to use labrys build, you lose free max block, ridiculous amount of DS and one item slot.
*Shamanic trance and ED boost- imo very weird mechanic aswell, bumping over half of your skillpoints into summoner tree just to raise your damage as combat build feels dumb.
*Protector spirits- die in no time with decent amount of HP. Very annoying, maybe they are marked as priority targets for monsters, dunno, but feels it's quit frustrating to be honest.
*Pestilence duraition doesn't scale off nih runes (not sure if bug, maybe it is supposed to be like this).
*Divine app. doesn't teleport sometimes (has nothing to do with lag/desync).
*Many skills have x/x dmg modifier in description still.
*Holy paladin aligment is still a total joke. Not sure if that solar flare buff was serious.
*Hymn duraition is way too short, not sure whats the point behind it.
*Screaming eagle is very abusive with 50 slow target, if used alone, with no slow from gear, feels sober.
*Thiefling form- as much as I understood, it is not morph anymore, but somehow it still gets overwritten by druid morph from shamanka, for example.
*LA and throwing skills.
*Bear claw- why does it still exists?
*Bloodbath- overnerfed.
*Wolf companions- still suck and providing spirit guide aura, sadly.

*Throwing weapon selling abuse still works, grants ~200 k gold instead of 500k with high rune.
*I've heard that rare reroll still works with x6 earth throwing axe.
*D2MR still works.
*Gheed could be placed near wp, in the house right at the east from the wp.
*Weapon switch has weird delay, never happens in cLOD for some reason.
*Many weapons have incredibly low durability, which makes them very annoying early game.
*Gold rework. Not sure what was the idea behind it, all the terror difficulty I was forced to collect yellow junk, apples and jewelery (which doesnt give any meaningful amount of gold on terror) and TP every 3 minutes, in order to earn atleast some gold. Very annoying, boring and ruins fun of playing trough regular content. Also, merc revive price didn't get adapted to this change, so its simply gg. Also its quite strange, all this cancer lasts at early game only, once you are on dest, you just go back to good old throwing weapon abuse, that's it. And considering triune charm in the end game, its hard to feel any difference from previous patch.
*Pierce rework. It is kinda obvious, that pierce with those MO in previous patch was quite out of control. But now, it doesn't feel any good either. In current patch it feels like gear offers enough to reach meaningful pierce to one element, which would be fine, if game had no immunes. But considering the fact, that all monsters have 1-2 immunities, it feels quite sad. No idea how rainbow builds are played this season (if they are played), I guess they require BIS top tier gear with some decent endless projects :lol: . Also, due the rarity of pierce, and problems getting it, many items became useless, since they do not offer any. There is very few items, which are actually usuful even though they do not provide and -res (khazra, for example). Imo, there could be mo to certain item type with -res, jewelery, for example. Or certain crafted item types could provide some more pierce, or freaking unique jewel with pierce could get rid of tele when struck, so it would be any useful. :(
*A3 abjurer- clearly overpowered, damage is way too high, probably he easily outdamages most of the casters in early-mid game. His tankiness is something next level aswell.
*Removal of the witches- just why? There were 3 locations where they did spawn, was it too much for casuals to handle?
*Sewers rework- another casual weird rework. Narrow corridors made it very easy, mobs are sorted out on top of that. Sure, it is more comfortable, but giving stones/skulls to vendors would make it even more comfortable, so...
*Melee could receive some love. Most of ubers working against them and this is sad.
*Docum... :lol: I guess it was "discussed" recently, so no need to talk about it over again.

Probably I forgot half of the stuff, it is my bad I didn't write them up when I did encounter those bugs/decent gameplay changes. Next time going to start writing it up while playing.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
i could also add some more (however most of them are hard to fix and barely provide any advantages - better to blame blizzard here):

*projectile-based melee skills (almost any) can be casted through walls and from any distance (if you know how)
* any skill can be put to LMB
* you can reenable targeting of any monster (e.g. edyrems)
*enemies can be made visible behind walls

All of this because those fields are read from the client.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@mahi Uldy has been 30 stages for quite a long time

6x throwing axe dragon egg abuse is silly. Any necromancer or character with gallowlaugh just stands at the death projector and sacrifices to get dragon eggs, which are insta killed by the DP laser, spawning a hostile dragon which still gives the swirl effect. Just remove the reanimate or remove the swirl effect from killing one. I personally tested last night and was using clicker for at least an hour making some rings for a churel build to see if it's even possible (feedback already given on end of page 17)
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:Just remove the reanimate or remove the swirl effect from killing one

or remove the cube recipe. either works
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
mahitovec wrote:...

Thanks for the feedback. Some comments:

• Uldy stages skip - there is currently no functionality in the 2017 core that allows us to spawn red portals. I'm not really into mapping - that's Marco's expertise, but from what he has told me it is impossible to fix this bug currently.

• Yshari Teleport - see above, Marco can comment on this when he gets back from his vacation.

• Valthek not spawning - this is the same issue with every other spawnable boss, if you run too far away the projectile which is responsible for spawning them doesn't work because of blizzard. Honestly it's not too hard to remember to be close until they pop, alternatively they could just be pre-spawned but then you lose out on the gfx.

• Laz & Witch area - fixed for next patch.

• Arihan AI - he stops following you for 2 reasons. 1) If you charm him too fast before he started running towards you. 2) If while charmed and following he reaches you. He can sometimes move away from the messenger because his AI makes him target some other mob in its range (usually a bat). It's not possible to make the AI smarter and the player is supposed to work out the above rules by them self as many can. I'm considering removing the volcano he does below 50% hp that one shots cursed characters when he gets near them.

• Xazax summons less minions if you use skills which hit a few times, it's intended.

• Void blank map - addressed next patch but I can't give any spoilers.

• ZT totem range - I agree, their range is already addressed next patch also Devastation damage is increased since atm if you don't tank it full on it does like 1k damage.

• BPR buffs & Astro curse length - will consider it.

• QT & Astro going off map - addressed next patch but I can't give any spoilers.

• Baal - yes he is getting a rework so he actually uses more skills than 1) Melee 2) Thundergod nova 3) Spawn useless minions for ranged that only fuck over melee and he will be buffed accordingly. Coming either next patch or one after.

• Duncraig small rooms - will be removed next patch. Can you post a screenshot of the lantern in question.

• Hellforge reward - has a small probability to drop great runes in Sigma. If we can transfer this to 2017 it will be done, cannot give any ETA however.

• Barbarian Skills - were intentionally overbuffed for the simple reason that he was a very good character before and yet the least popular. So, similar to how a new dota hero is always op when introduced, we wanted to make sure that he gets played this time and we succeeded. Some of the skills will get slightly toned down in the future patch(es) until they are still good but not broken.

• Protector Spirit - yes the three different minions have different aggro priorities to enemies, this can be changed so that the defenders are top priority or that all are equal. It's a question of mainly spamming button X or button Y or buttons X,Y & Z evenly to re-summon. Not a big deal it seems.

• Pestilence - intentional, always has been like this.

• Divine app failing to teleport - I'm investigating this, what would be helpful is people recording vids of it happening.

• Skills with x/x dmg modifier - fixed for next patch.

• Holy pala - actually all the holy skills are pretty good but I understand some people don't like enabling them every 6 seconds. The thing is if we remove this then we just get exactly the same build as UH caster but in a different skin. So while the duration is getting increased (more this time) in the next patch it will still be a feature of the build. I'm pretty sure that once someone makes a successful holy caster guide the spec will take off as it is rather underrated atm. Melee skills will get a further buff also. Overall both specs here were massively improved from the previous patch, there's no problem adjusting them further until people discover them.

• Hymn - duration is only short at the start before you have a lot of base levels in Terror Strike. It will be increased to be more comfortable when you first get it.

• Screaming eagle - addressed next patch.

• Shamanka breaking Tiefling - fixed for next patch.

• La and Throwing skills - there are actually more projectiles affected on skills that people don't use, anyway fixed for next patch.

• Bear Claw - it actually has more purpose of existing than before since now it's the only throw skill which stuns & knocks back so it can be useful in some cases - e.g. stunlocking Malic in IotSS or necros in K3K.

• Bloodbath - I disagree especially since claw assassins are good for the first time ever with both batstrike & noctule builds being really good and Twin Fang strike being underrated. Nagi didn't even get bloodbath before. As far as the dual claw block removal is concerned - dual wield is not supported anymore by anything on the tree simply because it is broken in d2 beyond repair, and encouraging people to use it for damage is a waste of time.

• Wolf Comp aura - the range was greatly increased already. Still if people want even more range we can do that but it will have to be paired with a decrease in bonus defence, let us know.

• Dragon reanimate reroll - fixed for next patch.

• D2MR - can't comment, only whist knows if this can be fixed.

• Weapon swap delay - maybe because in clod there are a lot fewer mobs who can cause you to hit/block recover? Median hasn't changed anything regarding this mechanic from vanilla.

• Weapon Durability - improved in the next patch.

• Gold rework & throwing weapons + rune - the intent was that gold is harder to acquire in hatred which coupled with MO prices means you can't spam your gear with orbs early on. In Terror you can sell rares to get good gold. In the endgame we didn't want people to waste too much space & time picking up rares so the rune + throwing weapon still gives decent gold and picking up runes wastes less inventory space. Same thing for Triune charm - we don't want gold grind to be too annoying in the late game. These can both be removed completely but it would probably make it too tedious.

• Pierce rework - I disagree here. First you never needed -100% pierce for your off element before (-135% now) because there are very few bosses immune to anything other than poison and trash mobs that are immune to your main element are easy to kill even without maxed pierce. Second, instead of using another element to deal with immunities people should start using physical & magical damage more. For example sorceress using arcane torrent which does great damage even if you aren't focusing your gear on mana or the Antimass + Mana Sweep combo, which a few people already discovered, and is great since the new patch. Necromancers can use Boneyard which is really good this patch again etc. Finally, rainbow builds being weaker - isn't it logical that someone who can deal damage equally in all three elements should have a harder time maximising their damage than someone who only deals it in one? That's the price you pay for convenience and you can still make rainbow op with good gear.

• Abjurer - funnily enough the only thing changed here was the forked lightning damage buff from Sorceress. So it seems people were underrating him for a while. Will take a look.

• Witches - it just makes no sense to have invulnerable enemies which 1hko you, especially in regular areas.

• Unformed land - addressed next patch, can't give any spoilers.

• Melee - received more love in the latest patch then in the last few years combined.

• Docs - not how we planned it to happen, but sometimes shit happens. As you may or may not know the docs are migrating from being plain "text" files where the only way to update them is to have some monkey (99% of the time us) manually change text on a page. With such huge changes to things like items due to pierce & cb rework clearly this method of operation is no longer sustainable. So the new docs are now "programs" which are auto generated from the files by scripts, which means that writing the script is hard and takes a lot of time and not just any monkey can do it - but once it is done said page can be updated with the click of a button. Also some things which players miss in the new docs like charm & trophies stats or related cube recipes like for Witch & Trader's chest will be re-added.

In conclusion can I also say that most of these aren't exclusive to the latest patch but were general Median problems and most of them have been in the game forever. I understand that for some players it seems like we are doing nothing because these old problems aren't fixed yet. However you have to understand that you can't appreciate how long it takes to work on some feature which might seem simple "in theory".

For example the damage rework - players having 1/8 dmg and monsters having 1/8 hp, sounds simple right? Yet the implementation took over 50 hours and it's basically the most sophisticated rework ever attempted in this game. I still find it incredible that it was pulled off with minimal bugs considering it did not involve any code editing at all and Median texts are by far the most complicated of any mod. I understand that M2017 was meant to be a "new age" and having old bugs there is annoying but you have to be realistic about these things.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:6x throwing axe dragon egg abuse is silly. Any necromancer or character with gallowlaugh just stands at the death projector and sacrifices to get dragon eggs, which are insta killed by the DP laser, spawning a hostile dragon which still gives the swirl effect. Just remove the reanimate or remove the swirl effect from killing one. I personally tested last night and was using clicker for at least an hour making some rings for a churel build to see if it's even possible (feedback already given on end of page 17)

This makes the least sense. In the chaos season we talked about this and Marco said something like "if the recipe still works :twisted: " either it still worked back then or it's intentional.

The laz witch thing is hilarious.

I thought abjurer was a bug from the dmg rework, him finishing of necromobs that fast and easy can't have gone unnoticed for so long (or can it?)
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Nitz wrote:
I thought abjurer was a bug from the dmg rework, him finishing of necromobs that fast and easy can't have gone unnoticed for so long (or can it?)

For 2 years after XVc was released no one noticed that Iceburst was bugged and actually wasn't reducing enemy resistance at all. I only noticed when I randomly decided to play barb in the Chaos ladder... So anything is possible :lol: