Congratulations on making the hardest and stupidest mod ever

Discuss Median XL!
fnLandShark
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Okay, i have known about the Median XL mod for years now. I say years, I mean a decade. First time i played it was after my graduation in 2009. Way back in the day, me and a friend of mine played locally and kicked some major hindquarters. We easily got through the first difficulty with 0 issues, and had to refine our builds in the second playthrough in order to survive. It was fun, not gonna lie.

But god damnit, fuck my life.
Since I am boycotting blizzard, I kinda need a diablo session. I will never buy another blizzard product again. So, I just reinstalled diablo 2 with the announcement of diablo 4.

Whatever changed in the last 4 years since the last time i played, i hate it.
I swatted mephisto in less than five seconds. Killing diablo should be easy right? It's only the first difficulty right?

wrong.

I've been grinding for days and days and days.
I've spent stupid amounts of money and time crafting and rolling gear.

But here i am, and I cannot kill diablo.
I grinded my necro to level 62 and cannot kill diablo. I have 14k defense and i cannot kill diablo. I have 75% fire resist and i cannot kill diablo. I have over 200% minion damage and i cannot kill diablo.

I have tried using the search function to find some useful guide, but everything is either years old or is completely irrelevant.

Please someone give me some guidance before I quit completely.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diablo was changed recently so he's really op right now. That will change next patch most likely.

Summon all minions in base > go through portal > blink ontop of him with Nef runeword staff > if you see flamestrike coming blink out and spam summon on him > die a few times > repeat.

If you don't want to die or use teleport then: summon your entire army in town with a portal ontop of him > enter portal > when he kills your minions just go back to base and repeat.

Summons right ontop of Diablo won't die to anything except Flamestrike/Flame Circle as the red beam spell misses them completely.

also if you're a new player and playing hardcore... give up right now no questions asked.
Edited by Elendilli 4 years.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Yeah you should probably just quit
fnLandShark
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
my whole tactic is to summon my minions from afar and run circles around him, avoiding spells to my best. i am not afraid of the low and slow approach.
i even tried a crossbow build, that didn't work

TPing back in doesn't work because his health resets, so i have to go through the whole gamot again

i have tried at least 30 times to kill him looool
i'm about to roll a barbarian or a pally and just say F a necro

AzureGladiator wrote:Yeah you should probably just quit

i expect nothing less from a lowbrow with a cornholio avatar
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
what do you mean his health resets? how long are u in town for like 10 minutes? he won't full heal unless ur afk for like a full 5-10 minutes or something
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
5 min unactivated ai
fnLandShark
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Elendilli wrote:what do you mean his health resets? how long are u in town for like 10 minutes? he won't full heal unless ur afk for like a full 5-10 minutes or something

are town portal scrolls still a thing? because i have not seen a single one. in vanilla i would drop a tp right before his barrier and use that as a time saver. I was under the obvious assumption that 1.3.4 was current mod version.

I die then waypoint to river of flame and run to him. it takes 2 minutes tops. his health resets every time.
Sibakys
Thunder Beetle
54 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
fnLandShark wrote:
Elendilli wrote:what do you mean his health resets? how long are u in town for like 10 minutes? he won't full heal unless ur afk for like a full 5-10 minutes or something

are town portal scrolls still a thing? because i have not seen a single one. in vanilla i would drop a tp right before his barrier and use that as a time saver. I was under the obvious assumption that 1.3.4 was current mod version.

I die then waypoint to river of flame and run to him. it takes 2 minutes tops. his health resets every time.

Tp is a skill now. You can easily set a key to it like any other spell
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
are u even using your hawks? 200% minion damage means it kills the shit out of him i don't understand how u didn't break through with night hawks
fnLandShark
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Elendilli wrote:are u even using your hawks? 200% minion damage means it kills the shit out of him i don't understand how u didn't break through with night hawks

i am using hawks, that's the skill i maxed before skellys
i don't understand it either

Crash wrote:5 min unactivated ai

that doesn't explain anything, my man, but i trust you