Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Lets look at the stats in the game and how they scale other stuff.

Dexterity: If you are a dexterity char, meaning you have a dexterity based weapon and more dexterity gives you more EWD in return(If you care about that), also gives AR(Which you only care if you are wdm) and also gives block chance(If you have a shield).

So more dex = more damage, AR, block. Is there a dex scaling build that doesnt utilizes AR or block? I dont think so. So they always benefit from those bonuses.

And then comes the strength.

Strength: Gives more EWD if you have a strength based weapon. Thats it, nothing else. Some gear also requires strength but you can easily accomplish those numbers if you have decent amount of charms.

So more strength = more damage.

Why is that? Why maxing strength needs to feel like shit? Why it doesnt have a second mechanic tied to it, that would justify maxing strength and would balance the differences between other stats?

Free AR from Dex just trivializes the need of AR, since you will always have %95 chance to hit, and dont get me started on the free block.

When you look at the Str maxing chars, we have to care a lot about AR, and get high chance to hit, and wielding a shield with a str stacking build is quite stupid because in order to get high chance of block you sacrifice so much damage.

So dexterity can easily do hard content (Looking at you Dimensional Rifts) since they dont need to worry about AR or Life respectively, Strength stacking builds tries to get high AR numbers just to be able to hit the damn mobs. This is especially apperant in Labs, where you cannot use AR jewels because you have to use resistance gems in your gear.

Even vitality and energy stacking builds have a secondary effect: life and mana respectively. But since they arent wdm, i didnt compare them.

TLDR: We need a secondary effect on strength, which would help them compete with other stat scaling builds.

Possible solution: More damage scaling on strength based items. Maybe a defense/AR/life scaling mechanism that scales off from strength.

Thats it for my rant, what are your opinions on this subject?
AnimeWaifu
Stygian Watcher
43 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
first :coolstorybob:
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Glamdring26 wrote:TLDR:
Possible solution: More damage scaling on strength based items.

Do you even patch notes, bro? STR scaling weapons get more ewd than dex weapons, for the reason you described.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Istaryu wrote:

Do you even patch notes, bro? STR scaling weapons get more ewd than dex weapons, for the reason you described.

Well its not big enough difference. Best str scaling weapons have 0.26 Strength to damage bonus and best Dex weapons have 0.25 Dexterity to damage bonus. Yeah this should make up for 99999 free AR and %75 block chance surely :coolstorybob:
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Well, you are right. I didn't check numbers, I assumed the difference is higher.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Glamdring26 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Well its not big enough difference. Best str scaling weapons have 0.26 Strength to damage bonus and best Dex weapons have 0.25 Dexterity to damage bonus. Yeah this should make up for 99999 free AR and %75 block chance surely :coolstorybob:

I have more than 99999 AR on my bowzon :coolstorybob:
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Str weapons got a lot more dmg than dex weapons , compare a great sword(str base) vs broadsword which is dex ( great sword can get higher dmg with crafts, runewords , also su’s, and main thing about str is that two handed weeps got double the dmg of 1 handed dex ones. Str is superior for damage.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:Str weapons got a lot more dmg than dex weapons , compare a great sword(str base) vs broadsword which is dex ( great sword can get higher dmg with crafts, runewords , also su’s, and main thing about str is that two handed weeps got double the dmg of 1 handed dex ones. Str is superior for damage.

broad sword isn't dex-based.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
morphed wrote:Str weapons got a lot more dmg than dex weapons , compare a great sword(str base) vs broadsword which is dex ( great sword can get higher dmg with crafts, runewords , also su’s, and main thing about str is that two handed weeps got double the dmg of 1 handed dex ones. Str is superior for damage.

What? Do you even numbers bro? Here are the numbers for comparison so you dont get confused.

Literally from patch notes.

Also you are comparing a one handed sword to two handed sword, and they are both strength. Good argument.
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Glamdring26 wrote:Also you are comparing a one handed sword to two handed sword, and they are both strength. Good argument.

I think what he means is not a comparison between 1h and 2h str based weapon. But the fact that str weapon has a '2h mode' that almost doubles its dmg , make 'str based weapons' more efficient than dext based if using 2h. Because there is no 2h dext based weapons with double dmg.