MXL2017 v1.3 errors/solutions (OUTDATED)

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Hm. Not sure if this is the right thread, but I am having a few problems with Median. I'm playing single player and using the MXL Launcher. I'm on Win7 if that is relevant. The problem is that when I start the launcher and click the 'play' button, the process starts but nothing happens for about five to ten minutes, after which the game starts normally. This isn't a dealbreaker by any means, but it is somewhat frustrating.

Furthermore, once the game starts, the colours on the splash screen are so screwed up that I can hardly tell what the buttons say. The same things happens in-game the first time a given character reaches a new act, meaning that killing Andariel, talking to Warriv, and choosing the 'travel east' option causes the colours to get all screwed up once the loading finishes. On the splash screen, or main menu if I skip the splash screen, the issue is fixed by pressing any button. In-game, it stops if I go through a loading screen, so using a Waypoint or immediately going back to the previous Act will fix the issue. Alternatively, just restart the game and it goes away until the next time a character reaches a new Act.

And lastly and least, there appears to be no music anywhere in the game outside the main menu. This is a bit of a pity, as the music does a lot to generate an atmosphere. The rest of the problems I'm having can presumably be chalked up to me being really bad at the game.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
GreyRook wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Hello sorry for the late reply, it seems like you're having major problems with a specific video mode. Try changing it in the Launcher settings, also make sure that in the game's shortcut properties it's set to run in compatibility mode with WinXP SP3 and as an administrator, disabling desktop composition might help too. For more immediate technical support I advise to join the MXL Discord server
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
RequiemLux wrote:Hello sorry for the late reply, it seems like you're having major problems with a specific video mode. Try changing it in the Launcher settings, also make sure that in the game's shortcut properties it's set to run in compatibility mode with WinXP SP3 and as an administrator, disabling desktop composition might help too. For more immediate technical support I advise to join the MXL Discord server

Huh, and here I was thinking that I wouldn't get a response at all. Nice to get one, even after this long. :)

Now, to answer your post, I am running Median in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode. Running the video test results in the game suggesting that I use 3DFX Glide, which is what I'm currently using. I tried to run the game in Direct3D and it crashed on startup, giving me an error message talking about an access violation. When I tried to use DirectDraw (2d) the game sat and chugged for even longer than normal and then launched with the standard garbled colours. I don't know what 'desktop composition' is or how to change it, though that might be due to using a different system language.

I can't help but notice that you didn't mention the music issue, and also I don't have a Discord account. In fact, I'm not sure how to go about getting one.

And if you don't mind me asking, where is your avatar from? It looks neat.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
GreyRook wrote:I am running Median in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode

Just to re-state this - he's not talking about the MedianXL launcher which should not need to be in any compatibility mode - he's talking about the actual game exe's (Diablo II.exe and Game.exe) in the d2 folder - these usually need to have their compatibility mode set and 'run as administrator' checked as well.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
BTracer wrote:
GreyRook wrote:I am running Median in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode

Just to re-state this - he's not talking about the MedianXL launcher which should not need to be in any compatibility mode - he's talking about the actual game exe's (Diablo II.exe and Game.exe) in the d2 folder - these usually need to have their compatibility mode set and 'run as administrator' checked as well.

...oh. Well, I went to check that and found that both of those are already running in compatibility mode for the appropriate service pack and as admin.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
GreyRook wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Are you using Win10? if yes, try changing the compatibility to Vista, if it doesn't solves it put it back to XPSP3. Also, go into the Launcher's settings and from there open Glide settings and set it up following this image. I didn't talked about the missing music because I have no idea what might cause it and I'm hoping it get solved along the way. Making a Discord account it pretty simple, there is nothing really I fell would need explaining (-:

PS.
My avatar is a personal edited version of the Helix Nebula NGC 7293. Glad you like it.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
RequiemLux wrote:[Are you using Win10? if yes, try changing the compatibility to Vista, if it doesn't solves it put it back to XPSP3. Also, go into the Launcher's settings and from there open Glide settings and set it up following this image. I didn't talked about the missing music because I have no idea what might cause it and I'm hoping it get solved along the way. Making a Discord account it pretty simple, there is nothing really I fell would need explaining (-:

PS.
My avatar is a personal edited version of the Helix Nebula NGC 7293. Glad you like it.

Like I said before, I'm on an old Win7 install. I see your point about the music.

I followed the instructions on that image and, much to my surprise, it seems to have fixed the start problem. Weird, but highly appreciated. The music is still missing, but that's a really minor thing. Not having to wait for five minutes every time I want to play the game will make things so much more tolerable. Thank you for your time, RequiemLux. :)
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i cannot see all characters on one of my game accounts, it shows CONNECTING... and then REALM DOWN any ideas ? Other account is absolutely fine
Tried to exit game, reboot computer - did not help
account name: boozek1

boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
boozek wrote:i cannot see all characters on one of my game accounts, it shows CONNECTING... and then REALM DOWN any ideas ? Other account is absolutely fine
Tried to exit game, reboot computer - did not help
account name: boozek1

STARTED WORKING today, not sure what happened...
Donoso
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi:
I LOVE this mod.
Days ago, my game crashes. I ade the exeption, and it worked.

I use Plugy from the Launcher. Today same problem. I don't use other programs
https://imgur.com/a/zB4zw9H

Error Log:
[2019-01-17 13:45:39 -03:00] Error: Command failed: "C:\Games\Diablo Gold Repack\Diablo II + Lord Of Destruction\Game.exe" -w

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:282:12)
at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:213:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:921:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

PS: Sorry for "spam"
PS2: I use Win 8.1. it worked perfect first time I installed