totem nec guide?

Discuss Median XL!
june9828
Prowler
15 | 0
Hi !

i want play totem nec but i can't search build guide.

where can i find information?

i'm almost beginner so i need guide :(

this character will my first character in this season.

(i played single mod and used save files)
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
No guide. But you can ask any shit here. I'll help as my best
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pinball wrote:No guide. But you can ask any shit here. I'll help as my best

that'd be solid if he knew the questions to ask.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cyborgtemplar wrote:

"what gear do I need, what skills do i take"

seems good enough
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If he actually asks that then I would explain as much as I can, really detailed.

But seems he quit, sadly lol
anicocia
Bone Archer
76 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
cyborgtemplar wrote:

play game. have questions. ask questions.

am I missing anything?
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i think he was looking for something similar to melee sorc guide. . . which even playing other classes I still look at . . . where it covers starting items. to look for ubers at certain points etc. . . just playing the game you can probably patch together a starting build fairly easily on your own. but you likely won't know about ubers, how to do them, where the 105 ones are at. what type of stats you may want for them etc. . . .
Torrasque
Abomination
150 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'll start with some questions since I know very little about totem necs. And my questions are probably fairly easy to answer.

1) If i recall (i am not online atm) the totems use elemental damage, so increased spell damage and pierce of the element for the totem(s) used would be the primary affix to look for on all equipment, correct? And same for pierce if that is true.

2) I have seen the OoA guide which says with mana totem you can teleport and your totem will follow you. Did i understand it right that totem duration is reset each time you teleport, so teleporting is the key mechanic to stacking up totems, thus leading to higher DPS?

3) are these considered summons? If so, then % minion HP would increase the longevity that they survive hits or are they too squishy to tank any damage at all. I guess the simple answer to this question would be are any of the minion life/resist/damage modifiers worth getting for this build?

Thanks in advance :)
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Torrasque wrote:I'll start with some questions since I know very little about totem necs. And my questions are probably fairly easy to answer.

1) If i recall (i am not online atm) the totems use elemental damage, so increased spell damage and pierce of the element for the totem(s) used would be the primary affix to look for on all equipment, correct? And same for pierce if that is true.

2) I have seen the OoA guide which says with mana totem you can teleport and your totem will follow you. Did i understand it right that totem duration is reset each time you teleport, so teleporting is the key mechanic to stacking up totems, thus leading to higher DPS?

3) are these considered summons? If so, then % minion HP would increase the longevity that they survive hits or are they too squishy to tank any damage at all. I guess the simple answer to this question would be are any of the minion life/resist/damage modifiers worth getting for this build?

Yes, all modifiers that benefit totems are listed on its passive skill. Look their for reference.

Teleporting will indeed bring your totems along for the ride. There is a max number of totems though.

No, they do not benefit from summon mods. Their passive skill, +skills, and your (hard) skill points will increase their durability via health, dodge chance, and life after kill. When maxed totems can tank ubers for some time. They are quite tanky, imo.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Torrasque wrote:I'll start with some questions since I know very little about totem necs. And my questions are probably fairly easy to answer.

Hi Torrasque,

1) Yes.Spell dmg/Pierce would be main affix you need to get as much as possible for your totemnec but there is another way to get them via The Sentinel's Sorrow. This shield gives you 33% of your minion dmg and with necro you have many ways to increase minion dmgs. This shield is a BiS for totem necro.

2) Dunno about OOA. For me it sucks this patch because of too much nerfs and I dont think it has better farming speed than my pure totem necro.

3) Totem is considered as summon but it doesnt get affect by minion dmg/minion life beside the bonuses from Totemic Mastery. They're really squishy so you really need to move a lot with your Teleport(Blink) and Bend the Shadow. Totem also doesnt get bonus from minion resists also.

I have recorded some videos about Totemnec in early game. If you wanna play pure Totem then you should watch them here:

and farming Dunc/Triune
► Show Spoiler