Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

It's been there for multiple patches, use summons/erydem to draw the miasma out.
Basergor
Fallen
1 | 0
Very disappointed with this mod.
Difficulty is trivial which result in very boring experience, add to that inability to use maphack and hide all useless stuff - really annoying. After playing it for 30 min, I almost cough blood. I heard very good things about this mod, so maybe will give it second chance later.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Basergor wrote:Very disappointed with this mod.
Difficulty is trivial which result in very boring experience, add to that inability to use maphack and hide all useless stuff - really annoying. After playing it for 30 min, I almost cough blood. I heard very good things about this mod, so maybe will give it second chance later.

>Difficulty is trivial

>After playing it for 30 min

there's your problem
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
xbow necro's attacks are slow as fuck,at least initially. I got a TU trebuchet from gift box and my attack animation was over 1 sec long,fucking hell :lol:

I don't see a reason to use honorifics with my build. I made one out of habit(I would almost always make one to be my primary source of resistances and TCD in previous playthroughs; other stats I liked to have on honorifics were flat DR, minion stats and spell damage/elemental pierce)and I feel like throwing it away really, 30% all res is laughably low, the TCD I get from 5 orbs is rather unimpressive as well(40% I think) and I don't know what else I would want to put on it. It seems switching to a TU and socketing it with Onyx/Amber/Bloodstone/Turquoise would be a better alternative. I'm gonna try a different build sometime(some kind of summoner or spellcaster, not another WDM based build) to see if honorifics are more useful for them, though the increased cost of orbs is gonna make it difficult to justify using more than one or two honorifics, especially before mid Terror, where gold stops being an issue.

Despite my low def I feel quite tanky so far(a4 terror, about 6.4k def, ~4k life I think? more with demon blood aura). My killspeed seems to be a lot slower than it would have been before the damage/defense rework with the same gear. Overall the game seems harder, or at least slower, for my xbow nec with his slow ass attack speed(even with
Starkiller
Starkiller
Stinger Crossbow (4)

Two-Hand Damage: (22 - 25) to (28 - 32)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 9
Required Strength: 63
Item Level: 19
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
4% Chance to cast level 10 Abyss on Kill
+(1 to 2) to Necromancer Skill Levels
30% Attack Speed
Adds 6-8 Cold Damage
+(51 to 70)% Enhanced Damage
-(5 to 10)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Maximum Mana +(11 to 15)%
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: (65 - 72) to (77 - 86)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 93
Item Level: 36
6% Chance to cast level 20 Abyss on Kill
+(2 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
40% Attack Speed
Adds 16-20 Cold Damage
+(81 to 100)% Enhanced Damage
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Maximum Mana +(21 to 25)%
Elemental Resists +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: (158 - 172) to (185 - 202)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 182
Item Level: 51
8% Chance to cast level 30 Abyss on Kill
+(3 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
55% Attack Speed
Adds 51-60 Cold Damage
+(111 to 130)% Enhanced Damage
-(16 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Maximum Mana +(31 to 35)%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (207 - 223) to (253 - 273)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 359
Item Level: 85
10% Chance to cast level 40 Abyss on Kill
+(4 to 5) to Necromancer Skill Levels
70% Attack Speed
Adds 150-170 Cold Damage
+(141 to 160)% Enhanced Damage
-(21 to 25)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Maximum Mana +(36 to 40)%
Elemental Resists +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (6)
Featherclaw
and
Larzuk's Bandolier
Larzuk's Bandolier
Bolt Quiver (4)

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 40
4% Chance to cast level 10 Bolt on Striking
40% Attack Speed
(5 to 10)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(10 to 30) to Strength
he's noticably slower than before with just the crossbow).

I don't know whether LC2 is better or worse now, would have to try it with different builds to figure it out. I definitely prefer NOT being morphed into Baal but the uber itself is more boring than Tal Rasha,imo. With Tal you had to dodge a variety of shit that was coming your way, here you just lure the mechanics away and run in circles to avoid the laser.

Death Shards are back(from m2008 days, I think) and they're pretty cool, though I'm gonna leave them at lvl 1 and let the +skills from gear do the work. Also Widowmaker getting its name back is #1 feature easily(seriously though, it genuinely makes me happy :D )

built-in map reveal and auto gold pickup are both fantastic features

Having to get Khalim organs and do Faggot Lair again is tedious and boring. You could argue that the shortcut recipes exist for a reason, but farming up 2 crystals will probably take just as much or more time than actually getting the staff/organs, especially on Hatred. It gets better on Terror cause you already have access to Mephisto on Hatred, but then it just feels like a waste of resources which could have been used to upgrade gear. Not a fan of that change tbh.

New Tran Athulua is alright, I will have to learn the layout but at least there's a map now.

Not being able to reroll rare items just makes me sad. I'm getting a lot of shitty jewelery that I can't turn into something good. One of my ring slots is still occupied by a lvl0 blue ring with +resist orbs and I'm in a4 terror.

Up until now I've only found 1 respec potion. Not that I need any currently, but after reading some other posts I expected to have about 3 respec pots by the end of terror and unless act 5 starts raining them it ain't gonna happen.

I like the fact that catalysts drop from side bosses and that you only need to kill Shenk to make a honorific item. Also apples drop often which is helpful if you plan on regularly orbing your items.

Overall I don't know what to think of this patch yet, there's some stuff I like and some that I don't, I have to play more and see whether the positives outweigh the negatives, or if it's the opposite.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I tried really simple build for barb in destruction:
max: daedalus, bear stance, wolves, spirit guide
fortress to hit 3-4s cd
max uber nephalem spirit for damage
1pt sor

With t6 gear, some defense MO, but socketed with p gems for resist, you hit around 300k armor with all buffs, monsters have 5% cth, bosses 15-20%
not full str, 1/3 points in vitality, you hit around 8k life with that (empyrean band helps)
switch bear to cast fortress, attack with sor
Heal via potions, but most of the time dont need to heal.
resist before azmo charm are 79 89 89 83, all from pgems, elemental damage is not an issue at all

Char with stats like that can walk through destruction while watching tv show in another window.
Is having t6 gear an overgear? could be, but anyone can farm that via nithlathak crystal drop. and finding shrine can result in potentially big upgrade over tu.
ixvid_
Cog
230 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
first rare amu drop on stone field, terror^^

Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ixvid_ wrote:first rare amu drop on stone field, terror^^

This post would fit more in the Realm Item Thread:

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?p=102473

This thread here is for your impressions of the patch, not item showoff :p
Quazaka
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Nitz wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:I'm not fond of the idea of getting all the quest items in act 2 and 3 again. That only hinders a fast playthrough.

2 Arcane crystals + Health pot for A2 and mana pot for A3 - Not really an option for hatred sadly.

I think the removal of the belladonna elixier recipe or the drop rate for lower levels is bad. Especially for new players which fuck stuff up/want to test stuff. On the other hand I am just lvl 24 in SP after some time testing and lvl 1 on realm - which means the release date is fucking shit for me and I hope I have the willpower not to play this awesome game til mid july.

Also when will the speed calc be up to date?

Very much. I am a new player gotten to terror and have rerolled three times, and now I am stuck until I get to destruction or another potion drops. I have a hard time surviving right now because I have speced very wrong.
doomstryver
Fallen
1 | 0
Disclaimer - have played MXL2008 and the first version of Ultimative and never got past a3 terror.

Currently around halfway through A5 terror playing mana sorc at level 102 (why do I do this to myself). I have only 56k defense and 5k life with 77 all res and I feel invincible against most mobs, but there are a few that seem to have incredibly overtuned damage (the ice blast demons in A5 and firebloods come to mind). Still, they aren't a problem with proper use of antimass, chronofield and mana sweep.

Game seems a lot tidier than before. I like the catalysts dropping automatically. MO change was a bit of a shocker - when I found out I could only put 30% all res on my honorific items, so I'm only using one of those and plan to replace it once I make a decent craft.

Auto gold pickup is bloody amazing. Although I've noticed far less gold piles dropping anyway, so I'm not sure if this is as impactful as it seems.

Felt really starved for cash until A3 terror when items started to sell for outrageous amounts.

Diablo fight on hatred was ridiculously hard. I died maybe 20 times on it despite knowing what to avoid purely because of low damage output and maybe 30 all res because I didn't farm any previous areas and didn't have honorifics at that point.
Esubane
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Heathen wrote:It's no secret that I have some very critical opinions on this build, despite having thrown in my 2 cents countless times.

The "no resistances til terror" thing didn't pan out at all. I get gibbed by poison orb skeletons and instagibbed by radament himself, inner cloister vampires, cogs will just eat some new toons alive. Vampiress outside of crystaline passage do so much damage that it's simply unacceptable.

Many skills feel weak damage, like Steel Fur Titans lolwalking through the eyes of Black Hole sin spell, just to 2 shot you. I was straight up instagibbed by the fire from the chest in Maggot Lair, not to mention the poison inside it.

Tran is simply bad. No way around this. Zons do ridiculous damage to you even after maxing dr rings, and the priestesses themselves will instagib you with a single phalanx, not to mention their Tremor, which will slice 90% of your hp instantly.

Lc2 change was just such a bad choice in design.

Giftbox change was just fixing something that wasn't broken.

This patch needs a lot of work, and I really think you guys need to hotfix this asap. I know the times are stressful for devs, but I say all of this purely for my long time love for Median; this patch is not fun.

I pretty much facerolled Hatred difficulty with a socrecess with shit gear, but Terror is so much of a step up that it's not even funny.
The main issue is lack of resources. I played on players 1 cos i will hit the level cap anyway and i don't feel like fighting vs. 500% more HP.
The price for an unique of choice is 10 unique drops + 5 per uptier. That's just too many. Well it will balance out once im in end-game farming dest TA or duncraig and getting tons of useless uniques, but starting out? Nah, it's a pain in the ass.

Now Im stuck at A2 terror with no gold, bad gear and dying in like 3 seconds cos there's massive packs of monsters everywhere. Idk what to do. Grind hatred for uniques and get full t6 gear? That will take freaking ages.

Caster classes are still manageable. I can't imagine playing a melee untwinked and surviving this. LC50 was a faceroll with caster too. 2 lolnado casts and the amazons dropped like flies. They did lots of damage tho.

The balance of this mod is just all over the place in early game. From too easy to frustrating. I think this suffers from the same issue World of Warcraft does. The early game will never be balanced in an top-level focused game. In WOW PvP you often get 1-shot at low levels cos the heirloom gear and class balance is so over the place.