Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Viable? no
Fun midgame at most? Yea.

I tried many options with a Uhm paladin, but none were viable past duncraig.

Procs were kinda gutted for perfomance issues.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Gzeno wrote:Viable? no
Fun midgame at most? Yea.

I tried many options with a Uhm paladin, but none were viable past duncraig.

Procs were kinda gutted for perfomance issues.

I'd be satisfied with being able to at least farm dunc, teganze and/or toraja with acceptable speed
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
im pretty sure it is viable. I did every uber with uhm except Samael and Deimoss. also clears t10 labs brainlessly while t11+ and up required you to turn your brain on cuz u cant run into 99 packs of mobs unlike t10.

the only thing that took long was Uldyssian 1hour30min fight
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
even on barb it's pretty bad, idk if you tested it at all. Weebs smh
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
i tested it and yes there was noticeable damage increase but not significant damage. its not like the entire build revolves around kraken stance so calling it garbage for this specific niche is different from calling it garbage on barb cuz it's obvious that having a stance for pala is better than having no stance... well in mOST situations anyway

just pretend kraken is a min max thing that gives u slightly more damage at the cost of having your attack on the left side which could be a problem for some people i guess
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
No
Gowryael
Destroyer
6 | 0
interesting build.
Found a Nephalem Spirit cotw, would it scale with +skills or is just useless?
boingotango
Banned
27 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
So why did you come in the UHM and say it's not viable anymore? I mean I can see why this might be a good/fun build, but I really fail to see how it's worth losing Warp Armor from Malthael Set. I'm kinda curious because I got a pretty decent Bear Stance /+4 Skills Paladin Shield roll, and I kinda want to do something with it.
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
boingotango wrote:So why did you come in the UHM and say it's not viable anymore? I mean I can see why this might be a good/fun build, but I really fail to see how it's worth losing Warp Armor from Malthael Set. I'm kinda curious because I got a pretty decent Bear Stance /+4 Skills Paladin Shield roll, and I kinda want to do something with it.

90% sure you're talking to me so i'll answer by saying: I never said anything about UHM not being unviable. The post I made was to inform everyone that the creator of the UHM Guide has not updated it 6 months, so here's some advice from me who was well-versed with UHM.

As for your Warp Armor inquiry; the Full UHM Set requires 4 set pieces and using the entire set is not very efficient because better options exist. There is absolutely no reason to use the entire set, mainly the weapon, when you can get more damage from a one-hand Crystal Sword craft and have the option for a shield as well. "Warp Armor" is great but Paladins have one of the best defensive tools in the game called "Blessed Life" and access to "Bear Stance" via shield craft so it's similar to having Warp Armor but you deal significantly more damage, have similar tankiness and better build-up options like other crafts or Sacred Uniques. The reason for using only 2 or 3 of the set pieces is because the procs are pretty good and increases damage significantly. Pairing these pieces with a well-crafted 1h "Cataclysm" proc Crystal Sword gives you solid 3 procs-based UHM that can be used for the entirety of the game.

The weapon in question is from this https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44824&p=353696&hilit=Fire+fire#p353696