Catalyst of Learning not dropping

Discuss Median XL!
Sigil
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello Guys,

I've come across an issue where The Summoner on Nightmare doesn't drop a Catalyst of Learning for a character crated on Sigma 1.0 while not having any item filtering tools installed. Things I have tried so far:

1. Deleting the D2Sigma.dll and MXL.mpq, then re-patching from the launcher.
2. Removing Median XL entirely and Diablo then reinstalling both while leaving only the data folder to preserve the character.

I could be missing something obvious so any suggestion would be appreciated so I know whether or not I should report this as a bug.

Thank You.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
That catalyst is now a quest reward for the Summoner quest in A2 Nightmare. After you kill him you will get your catalyst from the townsfolk.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Actually, I have a question concerning both catalysts. If you drop or lose your current catalyst, can you get another one if you kill said boss again or do you lose it forever like you would for Akara's Robe?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
HurtSmash404 wrote:Actually, I have a question concerning both catalysts. If you drop or lose your current catalyst, can you get another one if you kill said boss again or do you lose it forever like you would for Akara's Robe?

You can talk to Cain to get a new one