Summon barb + summon necro

Discuss Median XL!
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
hey guys

i wanted to start a summon barb this season i figured out playing with malefience in endgame for having that perma telestomp back the day from pre patches with barb is kinda strong but is this a must be or how you guys thinking about it?

also does stuff has change with the current gear setup?

i general really dont like using hawks as a kind of main damage resource or how so otherwise how can i build a strong summoner necro on the other way?

thx anyway
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Yeh summon necro plays more like a caster build than a traditional summoner. Instead of stacking spell damage you stack minion damage, which has basically the same effect for night hawks (it's essentially a direct damage spell). On uber bosses with strong AOE attacks that mop up minions in very short time you'll use night hawks only, as it's pretty pointless to keep resummoning stuff that dies in 3-5 seconds. Even with 80k HP, 75% minion resist on gear (max) and 50% avoidance from resurgence. They do have strong damage tho, on regular farming locations they can manage by themselves (Jinn + Abyssal setup). IDK how a veil king version fares because Lazarus set is a bitch to get, i have 400 signets and i've only seen one piece drop so far. I even managed to get the sacred unique demonic head (that has additional 100% life and dmg to VK). Two veil kings buffed by this shield could be pretty strong for bossing, i heard that ppl had their VK facetank hell baal and its minions and not have its hp bar move an inch.

Barbarian minions scale with base points invested into attributes, necro's do not. Never played an endgame summon barb, but it's rather popular, on the server i saw almost as many summoning barbs as 2H melee barbs. I wonder what a level 130 barb with 400 signets and good minion gear can do. I mean farming, not doing stuff like samael or uldyssian.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Viel King is a beastly tank, with good life and res he can survive through alot of Ubers (even without the shield). The problem is damage though, which is where Night Hawks is usefull, as they buff VK damage and also are good damage themselves. Still basically a caster build though to your point, albeit with meatshields.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ppl play barb mostly because they dont know how to play summonec. Just that. And big thank to Nyxias for bad summonec guide and now people cant play summonec without full Laz set.

Also, 9/10 people keep making mistake with summonec. Hawk and other summon (abyss, skellies...) are different build. You cant just put points into all summon skills then complain how bad Hawk is. Why you even keep summon other minion instead of just Hawl and kite?

Me and my Hawks are still waiting. Call me when summon barb can do Sam under 5 mins.
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Donated 25 times
well guys thanks for all your suggestions i mean using hawks for single target is just great of course, but if i wanna focus on farming then i think i cant stack hawks high and for e.g. abyss + jinn as many necs are running for farming as it seems?

also veil king i like alot but as u guys mentioned he can be very tanky which i liked the mostly, so is it possible to build around pure veil king for farming? i mean for ueber bosses a build based on hawks is self explanatory of course but for farming is veil king useable enough? compared to that abyss + jinn, also what kind of gear setup is good? i mean getting godly crafts are always the best part but yeah.

summon barb i always liked through the entire median xl game, and still today but well after that telestomp nerf i just never saw that much pp again playing him in the last 2-3 seasons.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Abyss and jinn (elemental sunmoner) for farming yeah mostly but there is a farming build based on physic dmg minions which no onr cares. Its smax Red Skellies, RC, Iron Golem and act 1 merc. From my char, each red skeleton 1 shot shit in fauzt and dunc (except Necrobots Kappa)

VK is somehow fine. Im currently working on it but atm I prefer Hawk for bosses.

You dont need to tank if you take down the boss real quick
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Pinball wrote:Abyss and jinn (elemental sunmoner) for farming yeah mostly but there is a farming build based on physic dmg minions which no onr cares. Its smax Red Skellies, RC, Iron Golem and act 1 merc. From my char, each red skeleton 1 shot shit in fauzt and dunc (except Necrobots Kappa)

VK is somehow fine. Im currently working on it but atm I prefer Hawk for bosses.

a1 ranger? or priestess?
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Donated 25 times
well sounds interesting for that phys based variant, i mean with abyss and jinn its pretty strong too but you rely on mostly fire pierce crafted gear or?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobrainnopain wrote:a1 ranger? or priestess?

the one with cascade/dark power/arrowside
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Pinball wrote:Abyss and jinn (elemental sunmoner) for farming yeah mostly but there is a farming build based on physic dmg minions which no onr cares. Its smax Red Skellies, RC, Iron Golem and act 1 merc. From my char, each red skeleton 1 shot shit in fauzt and dunc (except Necrobots Kappa)

What gear on merc tho? The merc seems to go poof at random. like it's 1 shot kill. Dunc especially, those barrels and poison damage. I maxed its resistances, not much else i can do there. Merc life pool is pitiful compared to your summons' life pool.