Frozen orb sorc build

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:ya it would be nice for frozen orb to work :(. melee sorc is nice but orb is so iconic . . . . granted so is an innate teleport on a sorc but that's an assassin thing now for some reason. . . .

tele is also on barb and necro and paladin so don't get too confused.

frozen orb can work, you just have to be attentive on how to build it. it functions best with certain skill combinations, as you'll see with the new orb set.

idk about barb. paladin gets theirs at 90, a bit late but still there (given mxl's late game that's probably early/mid). necro is a teleport to a minion which requires 2 casts (first the minion, then teleport) and can't go through walls that are obstructed. . . . I personally just pick up a pax mystica on every class i'm leveling strictly because of how versatile teleport skills can be (and likely the reason they're so heavily limited, like the cd added). As doing some quests without it just take awhile (a3, that one organ where you either have a blink or walk ages around the semi maze | a2, in the maggot lair or to quickly gap close to those frozen orb spamming guys | a5 when farming nihlathak for your early TU's full upgrades and potentially some signets, and anya though anya is pretty minor.) . . . but it'd be difficult it not impossible to balance an instant blink/teleport or every job having a blink/teleport freely without giving anything up. . .

on the nostalgia point I've long given up the nostalgia attached to a specific class. . . . . trap sin is more like necro's totems atm (though it's a bit butchered in both cases, since only 1 charge per lightening trap on sin, and a nearly worthless lightening totem in my eyes on necro . . . but Idk, maybe i just haven't found a use for it, and am very very heavily biased towards lightnening sentry pierce through + corpse snetry versatility as it was my main in d2 for more years than i care to count, with pvp being a ww/trap hybrid) and melee sin just seems to have such extremely high gear requirements to make it work to the same level as other melee like melee sorc.
MeatWolf
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Although I love the FO skill too, but I would like to say,don't do this FO sorc until next patch and see if there will be any change on it.
I bet the FO sorc in this patch is just not sth you expect to be. Instead, I suggest you try the Orb of Annihilation Assassin, with the
Universal Law
Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)

Dead Lens
Hypersurface
Killing Vector
Quantum Bevel

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+150 to Energy
+500 to Life

Set Bonus with complete set:
+4 to Assassin Skill Levels
+15% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+60 to Orb of Annihilation
+1500 to Mana
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist 5%
+100 Life after each Kill

set.

That actually looks exactly like the FO sorc idea. Is there a guide for that? I only see one for Necro OoA.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MeatWolf wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Although I love the FO skill too, but I would like to say,don't do this FO sorc until next patch and see if there will be any change on it.
I bet the FO sorc in this patch is just not sth you expect to be. Instead, I suggest you try the Orb of Annihilation Assassin, with the
Universal Law
Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)

Dead Lens
Hypersurface
Killing Vector
Quantum Bevel

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+150 to Energy
+500 to Life

Set Bonus with complete set:
+4 to Assassin Skill Levels
+15% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+60 to Orb of Annihilation
+1500 to Mana
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist 5%
+100 Life after each Kill

set.

That actually looks exactly like the FO sorc idea. Is there a guide for that? I only see one for Necro OoA.

:mrgreen:
Edited by cnlnjzfjb 4 years.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OoA damage doesn't scale with spell damage, it only scales with +skills or just mana so you can cast more often.
MeatWolf
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
cnlnjzfjb, thanks a lot! Will try to gear it.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MeatWolf wrote:cnlnjzfjb, thanks a lot! Will try to gear it.

NP :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MeatWolf
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Okay, got most of the core gear with the help of my other char which conveniently was mana sorc so many items went here as well. I gotta say, the gameplay is so much more fun than mana sorc, even with Valthek. Thanks a lot for showing me this build! Even though I've already seen it on youtube but didn't bother to check what it was.