Ladder reset and non ladder items

Discuss Median XL!
DevynElliot
Destroyer
6 | 0
Just curious as to when the reset is, and for this version are runewords still a big thing or are there other items worth carrying over. Asking from an old d2 player just jumping into median

Thanks in advance
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ladder doesn't have any exclusive items. If an item is "removed", the item generally becomes unusable in non ladder, ie, req lvl 666. Runewords work fine in ladder and non ladder.

In other words, no reason to try and pull something over to non ladder. Even if there were ladder exclusive items, the community is too small for NL to be a thing, most people delete and come back to ladder.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Ladder doesn't have any exclusive items. If an item is "removed", the item generally becomes unusable in non ladder, ie, req lvl 666. Runewords work fine in ladder and non ladder.

In other words, no reason to try and pull something over to non ladder. Even if there were ladder exclusive items, the community is too small for NL to be a thing, most people delete and come back to ladder.

As someone that pretty much only plays non-ladder there is one thing that tends to happen as a new season approaches.. Once the new season is announced which is usually a couple of weeks ahead of time if memory serves me right. People start to offer their ladder items for trade in the trade forums at a reduced price so they can stock pile trade gold to be used early in the new season. I use this time to get a variety of premium items at a greatly reduced price since they'll "cross over" to non-ladder as soon as the new season gets underway.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tbone503 wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Ladder doesn't have any exclusive items. If an item is "removed", the item generally becomes unusable in non ladder, ie, req lvl 666. Runewords work fine in ladder and non ladder.

As someone that pretty much only plays non-ladder there is one thing that tends to happen as a new season approaches.. Once the new season is announced which is usually a couple of weeks ahead of time if memory serves me right. People start to offer their ladder items for trade in the trade forums at a reduced price so they can stock pile trade gold to be used early in the new season. I use this time to get a variety of premium items at a greatly reduced price since they'll "cross over" to non-ladder as soon as the new season gets underway.

What do you mean by premium items? New to Median, didn't know there were items that carried to the next season.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
LaughingWarBear wrote:
tbone503 wrote:

What do you mean by premium items? New to Median, didn't know there were items that carried to the next season.

Items that are traditionally expensive or hard to come by at the beginning of a ladder season end up getting sold off at the end of the season for pennies on the dollar. The intent is for the seller to make some TG back on those items rather than zero.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
LaughingWarBear wrote:
tbone503 wrote:

Items that are traditionally expensive or hard to come by at the beginning of a ladder season end up getting sold off at the end of the season for pennies on the dollar. The intent is for the seller to make some TG back on those items rather than zero.

Ah, misread the quote. Gets switched to non-ladder. Duh.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
I know about when the season ends(about I think 4th week of January considering this one starting mid-late October), but about when does the timer start?
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
HurtSmash404 wrote:I know about when the season ends(about I think 4th week of January considering this one starting mid-late October), but about when does the timer start?

There is currently no date set for the new ladder only an estimate. Late January is probable. The timer usually starts two weeks ahead.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Jammy wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:I know about when the season ends(about I think 4th week of January considering this one starting mid-late October), but about when does the timer start?

There is currently no date set for the new ladder only an estimate. Late January is probable. The timer usually starts two weeks ahead.

Thanks, that's good to know.