Median XL 2017 1.3.1, PlugY and D2SE Install Guide

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
anhlong1122
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
madgod wrote:
anhlong1122 wrote:https://get.median-xl.com/ doesnt give me the zip file anymore, all it have is the launcher, what should I do?

All you need is the launcher, the latest version contains plugy and everything you need to get started playing median, just install it into a fresh diablo 2 folder and youre good to go! No d2se or anything else needed.

I dont play multi player, and i want to keep the old stash also
Also I found the zip file on moddb
durite00
Fallen
1 | 0
Where exactly did you find it at?
SirLudicrous
Destroyer
6 | 0
Stahri wrote:
Tadace wrote:PlugY and D2SE are 100% SP only correct? Not having infinite stash is a huge bummer playing multiplayer for the first time.

This is correct. I enjoy playing SP or over LAN so its not a problem.

Does that mean that local MP (via IP) is possible aswell?
Renxx
Skeleton
3 | 0
PlugY is causing the game to crash when I talk to an NPC with the Reveal Map dialogue option.
Wildfun
Imp
4 | 0
Hey! new to Median XL figured i ask in this thread first before making a new thread.

Plugy does not work anyone have anytips? i dont get errors or anything like that game works like a charm but nothing happens when i enable/disable Plugy in launcher.

Edit:
windows 10
Diablo 1.13c + M XL Launcher
windowmode
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Wildfun wrote:Hey! new to Median XL figured i ask in this thread first before making a new thread.

Plugy does not work anyone have anytips? i dont get errors or anything like that game works like a charm but nothing happens when i enable/disable Plugy in launcher.

Edit:
windows 10
windowmode

PlugY has been implemented in the MXL launcher since creating of this post. Download the MXL launcher from the main page and in the Settings of the launcher you can check the box for "Run the game with PlugY". it should work from there.
Wildfun
Imp
4 | 0
Stahri wrote:
Wildfun wrote:Hey! new to Median XL figured i ask in this thread first before making a new thread.

Edit:
windows 10
windowmode

PlugY has been implemented in the MXL launcher since creating of this post. Download the MXL launcher from the main page and in the Settings of the launcher you can check the box for "Run the game with PlugY". it should work from there.

Thanks for the auto-respond msg! :P guess i'll make a thread about it instead, becouse if you read my post you would have seen im using the launcher and nothing happens when i enable/disable it.
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Not sure if same msg but i rember i've had a plugy related crash cause of the (unknown) custom font, but i got the fix for it. Maybe u need that? And i think i've read about some issue with the custom font and D2 Stats Readed if u use that too.
TheSpartan
Imp
4 | 0
I lend my original D2 + LoD cd's to a friend so he could use them to install D2 and Median. But then I found out i cannot play the game without the LoD cd inserted in my computer. I remember that in my previous installment of Median, i had to copy 2 files from the LoD cd so that this problem will not occur (i believe something like D2video.mpq and D2music.mpq). I remember this also being a step in (an older/other) installment guide.

Now the thing is, I installed Median Xl (im using the MXL Launcher) a while ago and I dont know if I installed it following the steps in the first page and I'm kinda scared to reinstall or fiddle with files.

Does anyone know if this still works, what exact files I need to copy and if I can get these missing files without having the cd?
Vyadei
Fallen
1 | 0
Doesn't work. When i install either the original, the expansion, or patch it to 1.13c, and attempt to open it up to see if it works, it opens up with the "Unhandled exception: Access_violation (c0000005)" error that we all know and fucking hate. I'm giving it another shot, but i can't guarantee it'll work. And if it doesn't, what do i do then?