Median XL 2017 1.3.1, PlugY and D2SE Install Guide

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Takaoshi wrote:Hello, i followed the guide and i have set D2SE to run as admin and win 7 compatability mode. But when i double click on median xl i get data corrupt error. D2SE.exe and d2data.mpq. Any ideas how to fix this?

Sorry, finally updated the guide. If you have not gotten it to work yet, try running the game in Compatability Mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
densegoo
Skeleton
2 | 0
I have set both Diablo II.exe and Game.exe to run as administrator, and I am still getting "Failed to retrieve process". I got everything else working, except when I drop in the Median 1.3 files then I start getting this (doing the non-D2SE approach). Anyone find a different solution to this? Everything out there says administrator fixes it, but there must be more to it. Running Windows 10.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
densegoo wrote:I have set both Diablo II.exe and Game.exe to run as administrator, and I am still getting "Failed to retrieve process". I got everything else working, except when I drop in the Median 1.3 files then I start getting this (doing the non-D2SE approach). Anyone find a different solution to this? Everything out there says administrator fixes it, but there must be more to it. Running Windows 10.

Is it also in comparability mode for windows XP (SP3)?
densegoo
Skeleton
2 | 0
Stahri wrote:
densegoo wrote:I have set both Diablo II.exe and Game.exe to run as administrator, and I am still getting "Failed to retrieve process". I got everything else working, except when I drop in the Median 1.3 files then I start getting this (doing the non-D2SE approach). Anyone find a different solution to this? Everything out there says administrator fixes it, but there must be more to it. Running Windows 10.

Yes, I have tried XP SP2, XP SP3, and Windows 7 for compatibility modes on both Game.exe and Diablo II.exe at the same time.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
densegoo wrote:
Stahri wrote:

Yes, I have tried XP SP2, XP SP3, and Windows 7 for compatibility modes on both Game.exe and Diablo II.exe at the same time.

Take a look here for more tips: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4420
KeYzBeZ
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Is it Possible to Run PLugy without D2SE??
KeYzBeZ
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
after some browsing around it looks like only way to get plugy to work is with d2se
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Actually, you can run PlugY without D2SE, though it's more complicated to get it work properly with MXL that way.
chiseler
Fallen
1 | 0
i followed the directions, except for the fresh install since i still play online. got the error:
"Could not initialize the Modlauncher
There seems to be no VALID Mods/Plugins or there were previous Errors.
I will now Exit! You should install D2SE Modmanager again."
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
chiseler wrote:i followed the directions, except for the fresh install since i still play online. got the error:
"Could not initialize the Modlauncher
There seems to be no VALID Mods/Plugins or there were previous Errors.
I will now Exit! You should install D2SE Modmanager again."

Once D2 is beyond the Median XL supported patch (1.13c) Median XL will not work.