Median XL 2017 1.3.1, PlugY and D2SE Install Guide

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
KeYzBeZ wrote:Is it Possible to Run PLugy without D2SE??

Just did a little testing and was able to get it working.

Download and Install the game via the guide.

Next, download PlugY via the mod site http://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl/addons/plugy-the-survival-kit-v100. Run the plugy-the-survival-kit-v100 you just downloaded and install directly into the C:\Diablo II (or appropriate) folder. When it asks do not open PlugY.

Next, navigate to your C:\Diablo II folder and find the PlugY.exe file. Right click and select Send to Desktop.

Now, right click the PlugY - Shortcut Icon on your desktop and select properties. In the target field add -w at the end of the target path. It should look like "C:\Diablo II\PlugY.exe" -w exactly.

PlugY will now start in Windowed mode. To start the game just double click on the PlugY - Shortcut Icon.
Snowfist
Fallen
1 | 0
Uff maybe I´m really stupid but i cannot find anywhere my problem with plugy. I have followed the guide and double clict on plugy with median xl picture..afterthat game will start but only original LoD no Median XL even I click on the right picture of Median XL.

I can run Median XL directly from Launcher but without pluby.

Any help?
Thanks a lot.

EDIT: just find out that in D2SE are 2 option on top of the file - star plugin or start D2. I always tried to click on start plugin which will open me clasic LoD with plugin. But just now I tried to clic on start D2 and and I wonder that this opened me Median XL unfortunatelly without plugy...
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Snowfist wrote:Uff maybe I´m really stupid but i cannot find anywhere my problem with plugy. I have followed the guide and double clict on plugy with median xl picture..afterthat game will start but only original LoD no Median XL even I click on the right picture of Median XL.

I can run Median XL directly from Launcher but without pluby.

Any help?
Thanks a lot.

EDIT: just find out that in D2SE are 2 option on top of the file - star plugin or start D2. I always tried to click on start plugin which will open me clasic LoD with plugin. But just now I tried to clic on start D2 and and I wonder that this opened me Median XL unfortunatelly without plugy...

When you launch D2SE and select MEDIAN XL and click "Start Plugin" what happens?

That should bring up the median XL login screen so you can play with PlugY.
The settings should look like this..
AutoQQ
Prowler
15 | 0
When I run D2SE, and click on the median XL plugin, nothing happens, it fails to run the program.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
If you are clicking on Start Plugin and it does not work you may need to set it in comparability mode.

If you start the plugin and nothing happens...
- Right click on the D2SE.exe icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, check the box under Compatibility mode labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
- From the drop down under the check box choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
- Hit Apply and OK.
- Run D2SE.exe again and start the plugin with MEDIAN XL selected and it should work.

Try this and see what happens.

AutoQQ wrote:When I run D2SE, and click on the median XL plugin, nothing happens, it fails to run the program.
Geagun
Fallen
1 | 0
I put it in compatibility mode, but I can't get it to run either.
Evals
Skeleton
2 | 0
Can't run with D2SE either.
The link for the median-1.3.1.zip is actually downloading an .exe file for the launcher. Does it work with the launcher too?
SadCaterpillar
Skeleton
2 | 0
Whenever im trying to use the installer for the 1.12 or 1.13 files that every video refers me to, i get a message "No installer data can be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support". I follow every step of every video but that is always where my problem is, people say an installer should come up but it does not. Help?
anhlong1122
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
https://get.median-xl.com/ doesnt give me the zip file anymore, all it have is the launcher, what should I do?
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
anhlong1122 wrote:https://get.median-xl.com/ doesnt give me the zip file anymore, all it have is the launcher, what should I do?

All you need is the launcher, the latest version contains plugy and everything you need to get started playing median, just install it into a fresh diablo 2 folder and youre good to go! No d2se or anything else needed.