Median XL 2017 1.3.1, PlugY and D2SE Install Guide

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Necroglycerin wrote:Is it possible to play Median in fullscreen? With the current specs I have huge borders left and right which led to me clicking outside the game by accident

In my case i was able to see that this could be an issue if your monitor is set to the wrong display mode. I would suggest to try playing with your monitor settings.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Dominos9189 wrote:I appreciate the step by step guide to the installation! However, I am running into a rather annoying issue. The game boots fine and runs fine but occasionally when I exit the game, I get an error saying Plugy cannot create the extended stash file or Plugy cannot create the shared stash file. Every time this happens, my personal (beyond page 1) or shared stash gets deleted, respectively, depending on the error I get. This does not happen every time, however, I can sometimes go hours without it happening. I realize I can back up my character saves and just copy over them whenever this happens and get my stuff back, however I'd lose any progress I made since I last backed it up, not to mention it would be obnoxious to back up every 10-20 mins.....

Check to see if something may have happened to the PlugY.ini file inside your C:\Diablo II\MODS\D2SE - Median XL. Open it up in notepad and take a look at the lines that look like this

[SAVEPATH]
ActiveSavePathChange=0
SavePath=Save\Mod PlugY\

This is how my save file is configured. I have seen for some that changing the value from 0 to 1 can help in this type of situation.

If this does not work I would suggest to see if your save file is corrupt. Change the value back to 0 and delete your _LOD_SharedStashSave file in the C:\Diablo II\MODS\D2SE - Median XL directory and try out a new save a few times. Open up a game save some items in separate stash tabs and relog a few times. Edit: you probably want to back up the save file first!
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thanks for the info! I changed the save path to 1. Hopefully it won't happen again. I'll give an update soon either way.
Sfp4
Pit Knight
103 | 12
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
D2SE multiplayer has worked fine for multiple weeks, with that said:

Load up singleplayer > walk to stash > Image game crash with this error

^ thats with plugy enabled

without plugy the game crashes before i load in

any fixes for this? i want to play ssf and singleplayer with plugy makes the most sense

I have fixed this issue by moving the plugy.dll file into the Median XL main folder

going to leave my post up in case someone else experiences the same issue
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
PSA: I lost all stashes except one on my only character on SP. And im now probably gonna quiting the game (unless someone pm me stash with some basic cube reagent stuff with barb's set at least)

Software used:
1. D2
2. Plugy
3. D2se
4. D2stas Reader

I got warning, unable to create extended save stash / files (this usually only happened if you played tcp/ip game on non plugy host / client cant remember) and all gone without backup.

One of the mistake was I didnt use shared stash to store most of my stuff and I didnt use kambala's tools much before this (since it can create backup / snapshots of your build / stash)

So, see ya all.
*Im losing my mood to finish my guide now....

EDITED:
I dunno if Median 2017 save files limit have anything to do with it or not. But i do recommend to store all your stuff in shared stash and backup regularly (regardless you going clean or not with it)
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Dominos9189 wrote:Thanks for the info! I changed the save path to 1. Hopefully it won't happen again. I'll give an update soon either way.

Update: So, it worked all day today just fine, but then decided to act up again "Could not create extended stash file". Ended up losing all my stuff on my personal stash after page 1. Wtf is with this.....
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
iwansquall wrote:EDITED:
I dunno if Median 2017 save files limit have anything to do with it or not. But i do recommend to store all your stuff in shared stash and backup regularly (regardless you going clean or not with it)

On SP I once lost my shared stash but could delete it with the offline tools and finally start my character again. I think there is a max kb for stash or so. And something about not having stuff on the first page. I had nearly 100 pages full of stuff.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Dominos9189 wrote:
Dominos9189 wrote:Thanks for the info! I changed the save path to 1. Hopefully it won't happen again. I'll give an update soon either way.

Update: So, it worked all day today just fine, but then decided to act up again "Could not create extended stash file". Ended up losing all my stuff on my personal stash after page 1. Wtf is with this.....

I would still check to see if your save file is corrupt. Try deleting it and having PlugY remake it when you open a new game. Also, try checking the permissions on the _LOD_SharedStashSave.sss file. Make sure you have full control and is not set as "Read-only".
Janrik
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
not impress about the new patch. my secound try i make it work, now the problem it run with out PlugY and it's very laggy and frame can't follow , what make insane lag . after checking this forum,it seems all got same kind of problem ,for few people it work after first time install .
have try the game 5 time since secound patch by. brotherLaz , since i got problem with all install guide , last patch i make work after my own install way.
but seems not work here. means i allready give up on patch 2017 v003 , that's real sad. worst is, it's like diablo 3 season . start all over . old work waist
Oinkus
Skeleton
2 | 0
won't run for me