Median XL 2017 1.3.1, PlugY and D2SE Install Guide

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
aws15u2
Invader
9 | 0
Cronk wrote:I had the same problem and got it to work finally by copying over a bunch of the custom files to the Core directory.

I spelled it out in the other stickied thread about troubleshooting in this forum. Let me know if you can't find it.

Yeah I cant find it.
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
From the other thread (they unstickied the thread) -

I did get it working however. For anyone having trouble, I don't know exactly what fixed it, but I ended up copying a bunch of the server-specific stuff over to the "cores" folder in ds2e. So, the MedianXL folder into Cores, and put the other server-specific stuff into that folder.

I also copied the server files pretty much whereever I thought d2se might grab it from, and eventually it stuck. You just have to copy over your saves to the right folder after that. (I made identifiable character names so i knew what save folder to copy to and from)
aws15u2
Invader
9 | 0
Cronk wrote:From the other thread (they unstickied the thread) -

I did get it working however. For anyone having trouble, I don't know exactly what fixed it, but I ended up copying a bunch of the server-specific stuff over to the "cores" folder in ds2e. So, the MedianXL folder into Cores, and put the other server-specific stuff into that folder.

I also copied the server files pretty much whereever I thought d2se might grab it from, and eventually it stuck. You just have to copy over your saves to the right folder after that. (I made identifiable character names so i knew what save folder to copy to and from)

So basically just copy the median xl folder into the cores folder?

Edit: Still didn't work. This mod just doesn't work for me. Been trying for years.
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
I copied the median xl folder over, copied the median download pack with 5-6 files over, I copied the separate plugy stuff around... I just copied lots of crap wherever I thought d2se might be pulling info from.

Dunno what specifically it was that worked, but it did. And I had the same exact problem you did.
aws15u2
Invader
9 | 0
Cronk wrote:I copied the median xl folder over, copied the median download pack with 5-6 files over, I copied the separate plugy stuff around... I just copied lots of crap wherever I thought d2se might be pulling info from.

Dunno what specifically it was that worked, but it did. And I had the same exact problem you did.

Tried copying files wherever and doing other things I found in other threads, Still nothing works. I cant even get it to run the base game like it was doing. I now get the access violation or it just plain crashes. I have tried everything imaginable. Installation of this mod is a joke. I'm done.
tonghien2013vn
Skeleton
2 | 0
heip !

Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fd5c66a
gravecatalyst
Fallen
1 | 0
ffffuuuuuu
lebellion
Skeleton
2 | 0
Next download the Median XL 2017 files
- Download the Median XL 2017 files from https://get.median-xl.com/.
- It will download the file median17-1.1.3.zip.
- Extract the files from median17-1.1.3.zip to C:\Diablo II\MODS\D2SE - Median XL.

For the non tech savy and stating you wanted a clear guide, you threw it here.
To my knowledge i dont think a file extension can be D2SE - Median XL, did you mean D2SE/Median XL?
trungbeopm
Destroyer
6 | 0
CD Key for D2 original? ^^~ I tried to install but it require a 26 char CD key ..
Takaoshi
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello, i followed the guide and i have set D2SE to run as admin and win 7 compatability mode. But when i double click on median xl i get data corrupt error. D2SE.exe and d2data.mpq. Any ideas how to fix this?