MedianXL Sigma 1.8 Starter Tier List

Discuss Median XL!
introsp3ctive
Imp
5 | 0
I really appreciate this post. Thanks for taking the time to make this. I started playing a couple days ago and went with a malice necro. My friend is about to start playing so this is the perfect post to send to him so he can get some ideas for what build he wants to try.
Crowned
Lava Lord
98 | 2
Few organizational ideas:
- color T0 blue, people might find it hard to differentiate between 3 shades of green
- can we get this pinned if it isn't already? also this might belong into the guide section to reach more people, especially for 1st playthroughs.
- links to guides (if exist) for each build would be amazing. especially for those who don't have one in the guides section, but as a small guide within a forum post.

Great thread, I gladly put that cookie down.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Gear progression path if you are unfamiliar with it:

I) T4 uniques + honorifics + standard runewords
II) Sets and standard SU's
III) Decent crafted items
IV) Great runewords and XIS runewords
V) Rare SU's and SSU's
VI) Excellent crafted items, high-end SSU's, UMO project gear
VII) Almost unobtainable shit like Atomus, Arrogance, specific choice COTWs etc.

Now pick a character and go down this path. Your first major farming area is always Kurast 3000 BA, you spend many levels of grinding Exp here and you get a lot of tier 2 gear (sets + SUs). Maybe even a tier 5 piece (specific overpowered ilvl 105 SU) if you are lucky. Next stop is either Tengaze and Duncraig. These areas give you tier 4/5 gear and this is the best you can consistently find. Tier 6 gear and especially tier 7 gear is very luck dependent and/or costs a ton of trade gold. Don't count on it. Endgame farming zones are Fauztinville & Bremmtown, these will still keep dropping tier 4/5 gear for you and that's good enough to keep farming them at a fast pace.

What to pick? You decide. Pick something that has good AOE killspeed and is relatively tanky. Glass cannons aren't very good as they die to a wet noodle and those farming areas have so many mobs attacking you that it's impossible to avoid some hits eventually.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Conquest wrote:Gear progression path if you are unfamiliar with it:

I) T4 uniques + honorifics + standard runewords
II) Sets and standard SU's
III) Decent crafted items
IV) Great runewords and XIS runewords
V) Rare SU's and SSU's
VI) Excellent crafted items, high-end SSU's, UMO project gear
VII) Almost unobtainable shit like Atomus, Arrogance, specific choice COTWs etc.

Now pick a character and go down this path. Your first major farming area is always Kurast 3000 BA, you spend many levels of grinding Exp here and you get a lot of tier 2 gear (sets + SUs). Maybe even a tier 5 piece (specific overpowered ilvl 105 SU) if you are lucky. Next stop is either Tengaze and Duncraig. These areas give you tier 4/5 gear and this is the best you can consistently find. Tier 6 gear and especially tier 7 gear is very luck dependent and/or costs a ton of trade gold. Don't count on it. Endgame farming zones are Fauztinville & Bremmtown, these will still keep dropping tier 4/5 gear for you and that's good enough to keep farming them at a fast pace.

What to pick? You decide. Pick something that has good AOE killspeed and is relatively tanky. Glass cannons aren't very good as they die to a wet noodle and those farming areas have so many mobs attacking you that it's impossible to avoid some hits eventually.

This is a great post. Should be a lot of help for people starting out.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I'd argue that tier 2/3 are at a similar power level, as there are cases where a "Decent" craft will not outweigh set items in some cases; that being said, it is pretty easy to craft, simple shrinecrafting rules:

- You might not a pile of ideal shrines to try rolling perfect, but you probably have a bunch of other shrines; if this is the case, keep a few shrine charges available for blessing, and try to trade extras for shrines you need if you're able. You're looking for one decent craft to supersede your TU/runeword options.
- Aim for two or three specific good mods you absolutely need, and don't worry too much about the rolls necessarily. For example, this is what I got in like 2-3 shrines for a naginata by just aiming for decent damage, +skills, and a proc. No blessing either, just threw a bunch of extra trinity shrines at it:

It'd eventually get replaced by either the set naginata or a Frysturgard, but it does some damn good work otherwise for the 100-120 range, and you can jewel/mo in breakpoints/resists/stats easily enough. Filled with Jah runes, for reference.

The moral of the story is pick two (or 3 if you're greedy) good mods and roll for those specifically. You can always 'leapfrog' crafts too by incrementally shrinecrafting back and forth between items as you improve past each one.
---8O
Skeleton
3 | 0
where are good items?
Ericksonius
Pit Knight
102 | 1
---8O wrote:where are good items?

Read the post by Conquest that's like 3 posts above you.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CHANGELOG 4/4/2020

FORMATTING:
- Changed T0 to blu, and T1 to old T0 green, should be easier on your eyes.
- Fixed last 3 classes not having same color as the other ones.

TIERLIST
- Fire Sorceress from T2 to T1: Underestimated this char a lot; and due to problems I will speak about later it stayed at t2 when it should have been t1 for the entire patch, oops.
- Cold Sorceress from T0 to T1: Wasn't as meta as I thought it would be.
- Naginata Assasin from T1 to T2: Too much piano for new players.
- Twin Fang Assasin, Unsummon Zon, Rend Bear Druid, Trap Rat from T4 to T3: They're fine for norm, nightmare and early ubers, but yeah 115 or 120 are a brick wall so cant justify more; need more feedback on rat btw.
- Malice Necromancer: fixed description.

If y'all wondering if this was left for ded or I died, answer is I didnt have internet for the past 2 months and then I got corona'd, so only managed to get back now after the announcement for new patch.
Better late than never I guess.

I will have the tierlist updated when we get patchnotes tho.
Edited by Seekers 4 years.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Excellent, glad to have you back. Sounds like you kicked Covid-19's ass, good on ya.
sincrowly
Core Lord
366 | 14
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Informative post really helps when you just getback again playing MXL, some build looks juicy O-) . Getwell OP fight-on, my cookies on you and Keepsafe everyone.