Discuss Median XL!
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:I'd definetly move throw barb and melee sorc 1 tier higher, but its just a subjective opinion.

I would love more opinions on throw barb as a starter.

About melee sorc I dont think its fast enough to be a t0; but yeah it is a very good build still, def top of t1.

For everyone else also wondering, this list isnt final, it can change and prolly will.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Scorpion Blade -> t2 because of no survivability and needing to dodge every single enemy, either projectiles or kiting, plus speed only really comes when you play ahead of the pack you've already damaged, which takes a lot of practice to know when safe. Even though it's really easy to gear and can be quick, if you have no game knowledge it's going to not be a pleasant time at all. You get caught, you die.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Scorpion Blade -> t2 because of no survivability and needing to dodge every single enemy, either projectiles or kiting, plus speed only really comes when you play ahead of the pack you've already damaged, which takes a lot of practice to know when safe. Even though it's really easy to gear and can be quick, if you have no game knowledge it's going to not be a pleasant time at all. You get caught, you die.

Scorp blade as a fresh 120 in teganze? We touhou now lads. And you don't even have bombs to bomb out of a spell card if you accidentally get clipped.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OrphineM wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Scorpion Blade -> t2 because of no survivability and needing to dodge every single enemy, either projectiles or kiting, plus speed only really comes when you play ahead of the pack you've already damaged, which takes a lot of practice to know when safe. Even though it's really easy to gear and can be quick, if you have no game knowledge it's going to not be a pleasant time at all. You get caught, you die.

Scorp blade as a fresh 120 in teganze? We touhou now lads. And you don't even have bombs to bomb out of a spell card if you accidentally get clipped.

Yeah it's good times lol. It's definitely doable easy untwinked IF you can survive but new people always seem to enjoy tanking everything lol
Winks
Stygian Watcher
40 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anyone have a link or something to a good cold sorc mini guide?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Good job on the list although I would personally lower all current T0 & T1 assassin builds down a tier because they seem ranked assuming the player knows how to build an assassin. I don't think that's a fair criteria because any build can be T0-1 if you know exactly how to skill/gear it. If the chart is intended to help newbie players, I would reduce the player skill factor to a minimum.

That said, there's a few things that can make leveling assassin drastically different in terms of execution. In one hand, the constant upkeep and scaling of shadow refuge is very important and is often overlooked in many specs for being in a melee tree. Another topic is increasing HP early on either via RWs or jewels which is fundamental. If you miss one or even both of these things (you can assume a good majority reading tier list will) you are going to get absolutely demolished. This happens because hit-recovery animation will interrupt you anytime a blow deals 1/12 of your hp - no physical mitigation combined with a low health pool will get you quickly hitlocked to death. This mechanic is what makes assassin so special compared to other classes and you either know it or you don't - but here you'd have to assume you don't.

I know the argument towards assassins being high ranked is "bUt tEgAnZe iS FrEe" but most people will appreciate being able to do most content evenly and not just work if you play it in a specific order and spend 2 days in teg so you can get a xis and actually finish the 120 bracket. And I don't mean these builds are bad, just that they require a lot of understanding and proper execution - and the other builds in the tier list don't seem to be measured in this way.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Seekers wrote:
Istaryu wrote:I'd definetly move throw barb and melee sorc 1 tier higher, but its just a subjective opinion.

I would love more opinions on throw barb as a starter.

Okay, I gotta say here that throw barb at low levels (id say below around 70-80) is not good, because stampede and bear claw dont do that much dmg, and overkill with low amount of axes is extremely weak, but after you get some points in overkill, it will do some serious dmg with a maxed wolf companion.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
The problem with throw barb is the 120 ubers untwinked. At them (JD, Ureh come to my mind) you'll feel the need of some sort of reliable defense which forces you to spec into runemaster since getting a reliable amount of block without some charms is painful. This fact alone limits your possibilities to stack good amounts of leech with ber jewels.
Therefore, last season my turning point was Throw set with ber jewels... It's a really strong combination. Carried me to lvl 130 when I got some tg to replace it. I would keep throw barb as tier 2 since it needs some effort, good positioning and some degree of key items to be at the same level as others specs.
Edited by MagnuS 4 years.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
tbh, I think Totemnec should be at t2, since it can effortlessly get to lv 115. But after lv 115 it hits a brick wall. once you get past that wall, you can go all the way to farm Fauzt w/o much problem.

also I agree with Marco about downgrade 1 tier for t0 t1 builds for sin. Unless you know how to counter sin's weaknesses (most likely seasoned players), or you will keep ranting "sin needs more survival buffs" :coolstorybob:
Zaulism
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I love you for this list, Seekers.