MedianXL Sigma 1.8 Starter Tier List

Discuss Median XL!
Nuki117
Skeleton
3 | 0
can anyone help me downloading patch 1.7.0 zip file,its not like i dont want to use launcher but my laptop cannot connect to internet no matter how many times i tried to fix it,if there are link to median xl zip file file v. 1.7.0 please help me, thank you.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Nuki117 wrote:can anyone help me downloading patch 1.7.0 zip file,its not like i dont want to use launcher but my laptop cannot connect to internet no matter how many times i tried to fix it,if there are link to median xl zip file file v. 1.7.0 please help me, thank you.

There you go mate ;) viewtopic.php?t=22755
Nuki117
Skeleton
3 | 0
Thank you bro
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Totem Nec should get bumped to T0.5, it's that good now.

- Frostclaw Totem hits like a mack truck full of bricks now. That said, after a teleport, it's a good idea to respawn frostclaw totems sightly distanced from each other so they don't overkill the same targets over and over again.
- The build goes *fast* once you hit 13 and craft Pax Mystica; not only is it a good mainhand weapon, but between the blink oskill and bend the shadows, you'll zoom across the acts with reckless abandon. You will need to keep your armor upgraded, but even the Nihlathak AC farm that happens after finishing Normal to get TU gear is fast; it was not uncommon for me to kill nihlathak in 30 seconds from entering the game. I was able to get to Hell and kill the butcher in 3 hours flat on a dry run.
- A lesser-known element of totems (thanks Fuppy!) is that they snapshot your caster traits when you summon them. What this means is at, say, 100, you can craft
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
Runeword Level: 83
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
-(27 to 33)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +(35 to 45)%
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
10% Magic Find
, summon your totems, swap back to Pax Mystica, and go at full speed anyways, or just use Jitan's Gate, go a bit slower, and not deal with the overhead.
- Pretty much all ubers through 120 present no difficulty and can be done in TUs. Every one of them even ones that traditionally give summoners trouble (Baal is a joke, Kabraxis amounts to just dropping totems and getting some coffee). Even some 125s, although a few will be problematic (Astrogha requires suicide running him with frostclaw only, or respec to Malice, or get better gear but what build doesn't need to do this?). Just lean on those tasty sacred crafts and frostclaw is excellent single target. Fautz farming will require a focus/respec in fireheart totems due to how the mechanics of that area works, and work is being done on figuring out a non-Radiance setup for that. This is probably going to involve a hybrid setup between jinn/abyss knight summoner and fire totems until then, although I am still working on solving this gear setup.
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Totem necro top tier for me, tougher than paladins and less skill swapping which i like, more than 50% chance to avoid damage, defense boost from several syngeries and max life from embalming syngery. they're average for clearspeed due to their lack of speed skills, but i haven't tried a build that does bossing better, doable for hc too.

Only bosses i haven't done is astrogha and inarius mostly because they are impossible with summons, summons will just kill lilith quickly before you ever start touching inarius which makes the fight impossible, astrogha towers it's not impossible but incredibly difficult due to her ability to heal back up from towers.

What do you is basically respec to malice or poison (dreameater is best for these fights) and faceroll these fights with that, only class in the game that does all ubers without corpse runs. Any tier 0 build on this list will corpse run at some point including the melee barb and paladin, if you believe i'm wrong show me a video doing all 120+ bosses without dying once on hc, you either have to be cheating or twinked.

Also it's not actually frostclaw that's the key to totems, it's def soulbond after the changes, that's where the damage comes from. One of necro's keys to survival comes from synergies and skills like resurgence, death ward and also emblaming. If you want to survive hardcore, damage builds are simply not viable every piece of gear and your skills has to be built around survival. 1 point on all 3 totems, max soulbound, dump in totem mastery ( not much). Max embalming, Resurgence and Death Ward. That's gonna be it for most of the skillpoints, your most vulnerable moment is in act 4-5 nightmare and beyond, therefore farming normal nith for 3 uniques is the way to get to go or act 3 nightmare.

I basically afked most of the 120+ ubers without a problem by trapping myself in with totems and without 400 signets, since you don't have to corpse run with a survival build it also means you can stay in there and kill them faster, in Median xl hc defense is the best offense and slow and steady wins the race by far. Due to lazy design from the developers there are one shot rip bosses no matter how tough you are and one of them is astrogha's spawns, i wouldn'y go near this fight until your gear is maxed, i know some builds like bowzon can do this boss well, necro isn't one of them unless you respec to malice.

Astrogha was the one who ended up ripped my necro on hc since i didn't have ways to crowd control the spawns while kiting her, so keep that in mind you insist on doing this. I recommend you let a friend do it for you though who has better class for it, allthough not many will be able to do this ripfree. I hope the devs rework the spawns eventually so they're not so rippy if they hit you.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
cma78 wrote: max soulbound, dump in totem mastery ( not much). Max embalming, Resurgence and Death Ward

Why do you need Resurgence? Totems don't benefit from it. (unless for minion damage and sentinel's sorrow?)
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
revolut1oN wrote:
cma78 wrote: max soulbound, dump in totem mastery ( not much). Max embalming, Resurgence and Death Ward

Why do you need Resurgence? Totems don't benefit from it. (unless for minion damage and sentinel's sorrow?)

jinns, I guess.
Kurrelgyre
Imp
5 | 0
I have just come back to Median after a long absence (like Ultimative long). Interested to know why the HammerZon is not on the list, there is still a guide for it. I saw a few comments from 6 months ago but nothing since 1.7. Is it no longer considered playable?
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Umm. I would put Bowazon at T0 rather than 0.5. It's simply one of the best starters and doesn't really have a weak point, the bossing starts a bit shitty but the second you craft a bow it becomes insignificant.

I think oskill builds should also be ranked appropriately starting as a starter at lvl 120. Rising dawn is a joke to get started and is one of the best starters simply level as a Unholy caster and then you literally change nothing from the build except for the gearing (Which is a joke for rising dawn.).
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ekital wrote:Umm. I would put Bowazon at T0 rather than 0.5.

I don't think it belongs in t0. There is definetly a learning curve on how to efficiently use phalanx, especially for bossing, you cant just go and smack them dead "brainlessly" like you can with most other t0 builds.
That is exactly the definition of t0.5 builds:
TIER 0.5 builds are just a step below T0 builds, mainly because of requiring more effort than T0s altough still as effective.