MedianXL Sigma 1.8 Starter Tier List

Discuss Median XL!
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Darnix wrote:any suggestions for 2.0?

For a starter i would recommend Lightning Sorc, i followed the Light Sorc guide in the guide section.

I myself came back to Median XL not having played for about 2-3 years so much has changed, but i managed to start from nothing and do everything up to and including all 130 Charms (except for Arch Bishop Lazarus) as Lightning Sorc with only the Lightning set for a sorcerer "Elemental Children".

Light Sorc is also very easy to farm Duncraig, Teganze and Faustinville with

The only charm that took a very long time to get was Uldyssean (about 25 minutes from start to finish on my first kill), but even that was quite safe once i learned to avoid the big star patterned attack.

All the other charms were quite quick to get and no fight left me feeling like i couldn't do it when i tried it as Light Sorc except for the Void when i did it the first few times until i learned that i couldn't even buff myself cause that ended up killing Lilith :P

I used a few Belladonna's for respeccs for certain charms, but i never did change gear, so i always wore full Elemental Children, just got ice elementals for a few trophys which made it super easy, and since you can farm Duncraig and Faustinville quite easy as Light Sorc you will get more Belladonna's than you will use (unless you constantly respecc i suppose).

Imo, the most important things in Median XL Sigma 2.0+ is to be able to farm Duncraig, Teganze, Faustinville and Scosglen, if you can do that you will be able to get any and all gear with enough time invested, but for a starter char Light Sorc is excellent as it allows you to get close to all Charms+ Trophys without any investment (except for time to farm the set). You obviously need other item slots to fill out as well, but those are SU's such as Nor Tiraj's belt and Lightning pierce Rings and Amulet which are easier to get, im even using TU Boots Rabbit's Foot still and always have even when i did my charms+trophy hunting, i know i can probably craft much better ones with a shrine craft, but why bother when i don't need to anyway :D and Rabbit's Foot is imo great for farming areas.

The only thing currently i have a problem with as a Light Sorc is Lab and Scosglen, but i read that melee(Ice) Sorc is great for Scosglen so going to try that out next to see if i can start Farming Scosglen as im lacking Highlevel enchanted runes for the great runewords such as Vision which would be an incredible boost for my character :bounce:
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
Miothan wrote:
Darnix wrote:any suggestions for 2.0?

For a starter i would recommend Lightning Sorc, i followed the Light Sorc guide in the guide section.

I myself came back to Median XL not having played for about 2-3 years so much has changed, but i managed to start from nothing and do everything up to and including all 130 Charms (except for Arch Bishop Lazarus) as Lightning Sorc with only the Lightning set for a sorcerer "Elemental Children".

Light Sorc is also very easy to farm Duncraig, Teganze and Faustinville with

The only charm that took a very long time to get was Uldyssean (about 25 minutes from start to finish on my first kill), but even that was quite safe once i learned to avoid the big star patterned attack.

All the other charms were quite quick to get and no fight left me feeling like i couldn't do it when i tried it as Light Sorc except for the Void when i did it the first few times until i learned that i couldn't even buff myself cause that ended up killing Lilith :P

I used a few Belladonna's for respeccs for certain charms, but i never did change gear, so i always wore full Elemental Children, just got ice elementals for a few trophys which made it super easy, and since you can farm Duncraig and Faustinville quite easy as Light Sorc you will get more Belladonna's than you will use (unless you constantly respecc i suppose).

Imo, the most important things in Median XL Sigma 2.0+ is to be able to farm Duncraig, Teganze, Faustinville and Scosglen, if you can do that you will be able to get any and all gear with enough time invested, but for a starter char Light Sorc is excellent as it allows you to get close to all Charms+ Trophys without any investment (except for time to farm the set). You obviously need other item slots to fill out as well, but those are SU's such as Nor Tiraj's belt and Lightning pierce Rings and Amulet which are easier to get, im even using TU Boots Rabbit's Foot still and always have even when i did my charms+trophy hunting, i know i can probably craft much better ones with a shrine craft, but why bother when i don't need to anyway :D and Rabbit's Foot is imo great for farming areas.

The only thing currently i have a problem with as a Light Sorc is Lab and Scosglen, but i read that melee(Ice) Sorc is great for Scosglen so going to try that out next to see if i can start Farming Scosglen as im lacking Highlevel enchanted runes for the great runewords such as Vision which would be an incredible boost for my character :bounce:

I agree with that statement, Lighting Sorc (Tempest route) worked very well for me so far. Best suited for farming Duncraig (2 mins per run with 400+ MF) and Fauzt (4-5 mins per run with 400+ MF). The other build worth mentioning is Incarnation Paladin (Holy Caster), I followed viewtopic.php?f=40&t=67290 guide. Works much better&safer in Scosglen then Light Sorc also makes Uldyssian fight a joke. Teganze&Belial are extremely easy with Java Amazon (Fairy Ring). All that from SSF perspective, so it is not that hard to gear if you have time to grind.
BTW, II also went for Vision boots on my sorc, but I decided to go back on my dusty, old pair of Rabbit Foot-they have better dps&more MF, a lso you can roll them with 40 Movement speed, saves time.
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
Sorry, dont know how to answer PMs, but the answer is With Superposition: Superposition->Cast Tempest->Superposition->Cast Tempest->repeat. You dont walk by feet at all, just Superposition in a crowd of mobs, and cast Tempest. All die in 2-3 cast max. "Hive" from Coven tree helps. Socket "Farsight globe" jewels with +3 to lighting and poison pierce.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is Unholy Melee still easiest melee starter in 2.1?
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
boozek wrote:Is Unholy Melee still easiest melee starter in 2.1?

didn't play other toons apart from UH melee pala this season. And was my first time playing... what to say. Definitely great starter if you are pala.
kurnis
Acid Prince
49 | 0
What about starting as a javazon? Any thoughts?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kurnis wrote:What about starting as a javazon? Any thoughts?

Start an amazon and buy a javelin. Throw them to kill stuff. That's my thought.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Actually viable starter.AS of my experience - best untwink ssf currently from all amazon builds.
Eltrius
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Javazon is actually so good to start playing, farms pretty well dunc/teganze/triune, fautz only necrobots can be a mess but if you can afford a way to kill them fast you have free fautz, bremm you can try this ama rw shield for some champions if you don't wanna tank those mobs, didn't get to scosglen but i think she can make it all geared up