Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suggestion: get rid of the 0.5 shit, just make it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

otherwise, just seriously need some formatting or categorization help. it looks like a chucknorris guide with the rainbow spam
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:suggestion: get rid of the 0.5 shit, just make it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

otherwise, just seriously need some formatting or categorization help. it looks like a chucknorris guide with the rainbow spam

Thanks. I just wanted to say the exact same thing. It's unheard of that there's a tierlist with tier 0.5 or 1.5. It just causes confusion. I'd also like to suggest other parameters for the ranking.

I'd much rather prefer a list like this:
Tier 1 (top tier): can finish all 120 ubers untwinked without much farming required.
Tier 2: Can finish all 120 ubers untwinked but requires some sets/runewords/shrines or is slower than tier 1 builds.
Tier 3: Can finish all 115 ubers untwinked without any farming but falls off in later ubers and is even slower than tier 2 builds.
Tier 4: Can finish all 115 ubers untwinked but requires at least 1 item you need to farm such as sets/runewords/shrines

Because the parameters that are currently in place are kind of weird.

And I'd like a different tierlist for endgame potential of builds. Since such a list is missing especially for oskill builds.

Tier 1: (top tier) Can finish all ubers with best in slot gear.
Tier 2: Can finish almost all ubers and/or reaches up to Lab level 10 with best in slot gear.
Tier 3: Can finish less ubers and or reaches lab only up to level 5 with best in slot gear.
Tier 4: Can finish ubers up to level 125 and some above, and or can barely manage labs level 1.
Tier 5: Not adviced to play at all, since it can finish 125 ubers, but labs are impossible.

This is just an example. I'm not good enough at this game to determine the exact parameters, but a list somewhere along those lines would definitely make it more feasible for new players. You could also split it between ubers and labs and make 3 tier lists in total.

Then you could go ahead and list it after every build: Untwinked starter tier/ Uber potential /Labs potential

Well, that's just a suggestion. It would require quite some work from seekers and his group but I think it's worth it.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
What's confusing you about this? Everything seems simple and straight forward to me. I also really like the colors. Please keep them.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tempmail wrote:What's confusing you about this? Everything seems simple and straight forward to me. I also really like the colors. Please keep them.

All tier lists I've seen so far either use the S...A...B...C system or the 1...2...3...4 system.

For the ones that use the SABC system, it's really easy to put a - or + after it in order to show that this one thing is still in the Tier "C" for example, but only slightly worse than C, so it's a C-, or a C+ for being slightly better.

This application can't translate to the 1234 system that easily just by adding a .5 at the end. (It would be a different story if - and + were used) Because "1.5" implies it's just somewhere between 1 and 2, but you can't say whether it leans more towards 1 or more towards 2. So you might as well just scrap the .5 and just use natural numbers to begin with for tiers.

A good example is the super smash bros brawl tierlist: Brawl tierliste

Look at the 8th version for example (scroll down a bit or click on the left to jump down to the 8th version). There are in total 5 characters in the "A" tier, with 3 of them being "A-". Then there's a gap, with only 3 "B" tier characters. But those B tier characters are on the same level, so there is not much of a power gap in between those 3 characters. And then with quite a notable distance comes C+. They are still considered Tier C, because they are about the same as normal C characters, but only slightly better than most of the Tier C characters. However, they are far weaker than the 3 characters in the B Tier.

That's how you categorize a tier list. The .5 doesn't give you away whether it leans more to one tier or another. It just seemingly says it's somewhere in between, but if that's the case you can as well just use natural numbers for the tiers.

And honestly speaking, it feels like the .5 tiers were only implemented in order to satisfy people who complained about their favourite builds not being Tier 0 for personal reasons.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I think that the problem with building a tier list in median is that no build can be said to be objectively better than any other in a general basis. The comparisons start making sense only if you apply "roles" to the builds. For example, Bowazon is a great farmer, but mostly pretty bad for bossing (excluding very specific setups). In this case, making a tier list specifically for starting a season makes sense to me, as opposed to "being able to do X ubers with Y level gear".

What I'd love to see is tier lists for different roles, like a tier list for farming, bossing, labs, purify fights, endgame gear capabilities, etc
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Also, what is a "cheap" or "expensvie " gear, varies from a player to player. For some giant knuckles and a sleep charm from the market are if not cheap, then at least "mandatory" - can afford to burn some real cash to tg seasonally, but I suspect that for most ( me included ) "most wanted" S(S)U-s are at expensive category and must rely on farming and luck and friends.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CHANGELOG 14/6/2020 2: Electric Boogaloo

FORMATTING:
- Fancified Tier List (ty cube). Hopefully its fancier now. If y'all wish to return to old one or have other suggestions just post.
- Added a Table of Contents with the option to jump to each section for easier navigation.

GENERAL:
- Added a few more disclaimers and rewrote introduction.

TIERLIST:
- Physical Melee Barbarian from T1.75? to T1. Fun fact: this build was at T2 in the quick tier list and at T1.5 in the in depth before, oops. Anyways I think I was being harsh on it for no reason so fixed it.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Death to decimal tiers :evil:
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
NotCube wrote:Death to decimal tiers :evil:

no
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nice work! Have u tried buckshot? Wondering at its potential in 1.5 patch.