MedianXL Sigma 1.8 Starter Tier List

Discuss Median XL!
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Im not really sure what the difference between ways assassina nd maelstrom assassin is..
i finished an all dex maelstrom assassin last season (with triefling form) and it was good.

now i started a ways assassin without triefling and it works pretty well until lvl 125 so far. Is that due to the ways buff ?
i think the damage from dex missing from triefling is well compensate by the ways.

my point beeing: maelstrom (alldex) beeing tier 1 and ways assassin beeing tier 4 is weird!
Minato
Imp
4 | 0
Ways Assasin what is this?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
"Cold Sorceress" is top of the sorc builds, but there seems to be a lot of discussion about this in other threads since this list was posted - some say that using flamefront for damage is best, just use cold tree for ice elementals and passives.

Any thoughts on that? Your text says that Frigid Sphere has amazing clear now, which suggests you mean to use the cold tree for damage - at least for farming? (and my personal feeling is that it doesn't seem to be a "cold sorc" if you don't use offensive cold skills).

So it would be good to know what skills you found best in your testing - especially which second tree you used. It seems to be a trade-off between fire (for firedance and regen from the passive) and lightning for a decent single target skill?

Re clawsin - you say "claw block is that good" but I didn't think a claw block build would be for levelling since (if I understand correctly) you only get claw block late on? Needs 15 in other traps and then you have to get 10 in Artifice Mastery - or is there another way? Sounds like this would be a good endgame build then, but maybe not as good as scrows?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I tried Twinfangstrike-sin. I easily got to level 120, but then there's a brick wall. That's mostly due to the fact that shadow refugee doesn't grant the poison spell damage bonus as promised along the low defense and low block chance and the fact that duncraig mobs seem to not get into hit recovery.

I focused on the double mystic orb effect on the weapon and life on attack, which was what granted me a good life gain. The mana was never a problem (except against bosses, but it can be ignored since you have a low frame attack). The only things that were indeed annoying was Tran athula and this bartuc quest in the forest lair. In Tran I just couldn't get enough defense for ranged attacks and Bartuc took me several tries to get my positioning right so I don't die to fireballs.

Either way, if I could give a suggestion, I'd consider this build Tier 1 or 2, since the clear speed is pretty good considering I only had garbage gear. You just die rather often if your positioning is lacking And well... from level 120 onwards it's a huge struggle.
ogre44
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Could you explain unsummon zon a little more? Im interested but I cant find any info on it
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ogre44 wrote:Could you explain unsummon zon a little more? Im interested but I cant find any info on it

Unsummonzon basically spams fire elementals in an attempt to get them to use their death/unsummon proc, fire cannonade.

The build needs a few sacred uniques to really shine (
Crown of Arnazeus
Crown of Arnazeus
Einherjar Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (1762 - 2447) to (1895 - 2632)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 534
Item Level: 105
Fire Elementals Gain 100% of Their Physical Damage as Fire
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+(7 to 10) to Fire Elementals (Amazon Only)
+(20 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(10 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(10 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(80 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Socketed (4)
Vision of the Furies
Vision of the Furies
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: 2236 to 2331
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 349
Item Level: 105
Fire Elementals Inherit Your Energy and Spell Focus
+25% Bonus Elemental Damage to Bloodlust
+75 Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
0.375% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1000 Defense
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
10% to Energy
Physical Damage Reduced by 100
Socketed (4)
The Redeemer
The Redeemer
Grand Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 40
Required Dexterity: 449
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
Fire Elementals Inherit Your Fire Spell Damage
5% Chance to cast level 36 Lava Pit on Death Blow
+(3 to 4) to Amazon Skill Levels
25% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(20 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(51 to 60) to Energy
+(50 to 75) Life after each Kill
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
), rest is just going to be standard fire caster gear. Build is apparently really good once you can get decent gear for it.

Also I forgot
Radiance
Radiance
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: 725 to 820
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 120
+2 Spell Focus per 1 Light Radius
+3% Fire Spell Damage per 1 Light Radius
-1% Cold Spell Damage per 1 Light Radius
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Physical Resist 10%
Cannot Be Frozen
-5% to All Vendor Prices
Socketed (4)
is a very real item despite having found one literally a day into this season.
lopol1
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
whats the most light radius you can get?
FluxGenesis
Bone Archer
74 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thx @ Seekers for that work.

Just for fun:
I started MXL a couple of days ago and my first try with a Barb (without any guide) failed tremendously :lol:
Your list leads me to the Trap-Assa, but in the Trap-Assa-Guide I was told not to start with that build 8-)

I will try a few Characters in order of yout Tier 0 and Tier 1 recommendations.
Thx a lot!

The Noob
Flux
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Trap Assassin is a fine starter build. Just understand that you won't get the block/vitality benefits that the trap tree has to offer until you hit level 96.
belerophon
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey seekers, is there a build guide for the builds you posted? could only find 4 builds on the character guides section updated for 1.4