MedianXL Sigma 1.8 Starter Tier List

Discuss Median XL!
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
So, after the changelog what about this list? I mean you think the tier list will be change a lot?
magashiro
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nemmate wrote:So, after the changelog what about this list? I mean you think the tier list will be change a lot?

imo, yeah... there are several new builds that can be made, some are dead, etc
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
For new Players, best advice i have is go with the type of build that normally suits you, tier 0 builds does not mean you will steam roll endgame, no build can really do that comfortably other than people that use exploits to remove challenges, don't be one of those, it's all about playing something that is familiar to you.

Facetanking is not a thing in Median XL so if that is your playstyle you will find very few builds can facetank endgame content.

Melee Necro, some barb builds and druids has been known to be able to do sometimes, but sadly this game is way too complex with way too many mechanics for you to just stand in one place and afk farm, that is not a thing you will be able to do often here after 120.

This is not a child's game like vanilla d2 is where you can just hold left click to steamroll the entire game, you need to forget this idea if you want to succeed in Median, Median has a lot of mechanics that put Vanilla d2 and Blizzard's Narrow vision to shame.

Let's start with an easy way to show you this, try Baal Hell in Median and see what i mean with mechanics, if you find vanilla d2 to be a challenging game, Median will be borderline impossible. Baal Hell is an easy entry level boss for endgame, not really difficult compared to the rest of endgame.

If you like the kiting style of gameplay you fit right in as many classes have to kite around.

Hardcore: most d2 content are more than hc viable, but Median is not one of them, Hardcore can be done so if you're a masochist or sadistic person you might like hardcore, but freedom of building is very restricted to a few viable and perhaps exploitable builds if you want to make it to 140.

This mod has all the challenge you need without HC, and you can make your own builds rather than going with tried and tested on HC.
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
cma78 wrote:For new Players, best advice i have is .....

That being said, being a filthy casual who doesn't have much time to spend min maxing everything, what is a meta build I could pick in order to see most content with the least difficulty ? I understand I won't clear all of endgame without investment and that's fine, but I want to make the game "as easy as possible" by running a meta build, do you have any advice for me ?
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Totem necro , a guide is there and it's been a learnng curve for many new players. As a bonus - yberexpensive endgame items are not madatory.
torack
Destroyer
6 | 3
Ruubel wrote:Totem necro , a guide is there and it's been a learnng curve for many new players. As a bonus - yberexpensive endgame items are not madatory.

Agree, have been starting as this and it's by far the best starter I have ever played. No issues with anything until around 130 ubers when gear becomes more of an issue.
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
foufoumoro wrote:

That being said, being a filthy casual who doesn't have much time to spend min maxing everything, what is a meta build I could pick in order to see most content with the least difficulty ? I understand I won't clear all of endgame without investment and that's fine, but I want to make the game "as easy as possible" by running a meta build, do you have any advice for me ?

There are no faceroll builds once you get to endgame, in the last season fire sorc was pretty easy considered but they revamped the skilltrees so not sure if it still works as well, for sorc you want that skill where she shoots out fire beams where they get wider, i forgot the name of it.
Darnix
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
any suggestions for 2.0?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
foufoumoro wrote:

I wouldn't say it's a meta build, but I highly recommend unholy melee paladin for a starting player that can't sink a ton of hours into de game.

Reasons being:
- Very high HP pool and extremely good sustain largely through skills and stats make it a very tanky build from the get-go
- Able to farm and see most content with very easy to obtain gear (endgame weapon for Lemures build is a runeword with easy to obtain runes, and the set for the build is extremely good and will carry you to 125+ content)
- Easily obtains some very vital stats through skills alone, like physical resist%, movement speed, hit recovery and attack speed making it a lot less dependant on gear
- Really good clear speed with Lemures once you get
Skylord

Skylord
Paladin Spears

'ArcXethGlaMal'
Runeword Level: 100
Lemures Explosion Radius Increased by 2 yards
+(8 to 10) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(10 to 15)% Bonus to Spell Focus
90% Attack Speed
(75 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(40 to 60)% to Cold Spell Damage
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
+(75 to 125) Mana on Melee Attack
+(100 to 150) Mana when Struck by an Enemy

Only downsides are mediocre single target damage (although it only becomes relevant for >125 lvl content) and having to do a LOT of jewelcrafting in the endgame.
B_ATAKY
Sasquatch
60 | 3
Darnix wrote:any suggestions for 2.0?

WW Barb can clear fauzt with t4 greatswords(filled with ist), erawan/truce, and some items with similiar rarity. Downside - its very slow.