Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
Ekital wrote:Umm. I would put Bowazon at T0 rather than 0.5.

I don't think it belongs in t0. There is definetly a learning curve on how to efficiently use phalanx, especially for bossing, you cant just go and smack them dead "brainlessly" like you can with most other t0 builds.
That is exactly the definition of t0.5 builds:
TIER 0.5 builds are just a step below T0 builds, mainly because of requiring more effort than T0s altough still as effective.

?????

And you don't have to learn how to aim abyss on a cold sorc or flamefront on a fire sorc?? When is the last time you played a Melee sorc? You think she can just go brainless and go do astrogha first try? Obviously you have to learn your spec for bossing.

Bowazon is far and beyond the best farmer and easiest farmer to gear.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ekital wrote:And you don't have to learn how to aim abyss on a cold sorc or flamefront on a fire sorc??

Yes, abyss is worth a mention, but you can lock bosses in place with ice elementals and then blast them with abyss. Abyss is also does a LOT of dmg. Im not sure if you are trolling with that comment about flamefront.

Ekital wrote:When is the last time you played a Melee sorc? You think she can just go brainless and go do astrogha first try? Obviously you have to learn your spec for bossing.

Cherrypicking 1 bossfight thats bad for your build doesnt make a build look worse. Most, if not all builds have bosses that they need more effort to kill. But melee sorc can definetly do astro brainlessly and on first try. Walk in her face, press fussi, and walk away. Repeat until ded.

Ekital wrote:Bowazon is far and beyond the best farmer and easiest farmer to gear.

Best farmer, yes. What about bossing? Thats where you need to learn to use phalanx efficiently or you will struggle a lot. Bossing is a small, but very significant part of mxl, and you cant just judge a build on its farming capabilities.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Fire caster druid is now extremely fast. You can basically faceroll everything but you hit a brick wall at 120 until you can upgrade from tiered uniques. Mob clear Is a bit slow until you get at least 3 projectiles on Ember Spirit, but all act bosses are a joke with rain of fire, by far the fastest bosser around until high Ubers.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:Fire caster druid is now extremely fast. You can basically faceroll everything but you hit a brick wall at 120 until you can upgrade from tiered uniques. Mob clear Is a bit slow until you get at least 3 projectiles on Ember Spirit, but all act bosses are a joke with rain of fire, by far the fastest bosser around until high Ubers.

The bossing angle is funny to me, as I ran a poison caster up through most of the 125 content, and I found that ROF even as a one-pointer was better against bosses than infected roots. Part of me wonders if a hybrid build is feasible, as you'll rof the absorbs anyways.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's always been like that - you use poison dru skills only for farm and walkthru but as single-target rain of fire outshine maxed avatar even at 1 point
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Gotta agree with bowama ain't that easy til you are ready assumption. I just finised normal level at SSF mode w/o merc. With totemancer I did not notice who is on the field, and I did not care, with cold sorc used that one spell and summon tanks, rend druid - just that one sklii. But with bow ama I have no tanks and I have 4 skliis at my disposal - alaways must anticipate, whats happening next and what skill is the best at the situaton. I have not touched bowama even at presigma, so at this section I'm considering myself as a rookie.I still have not got it where and how phalanx placement is the best, etc.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
You just wyrmshot the entire screen before anything touches you... And then cast a few phalanx's when you encounter a boss. It doesn't get much easier lol. I agree phalanx had a weird cast angle, but its pretty simple to understand.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Shurikensin should be separated from pain, as it is a pretty different build. I've been leveling one ssf, and I gotta say I'm pretty surprised at how well it performs so far. Granted, I'm just at lvl112 right now, but many stages and early Ubers that are kinda annoying for other builds have been a total breeze, including deathless and very fast nightmare baal, easy IOTSS, easy and fast cows, easy to torajan jungles... Akarat and Kiran were no problem at all as a fresh 110
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hey look who's back, the guy with the shitty tierlist.
Anyways in preparation for next season I've made some corrections to some stuff that was hilariously wrong or outdated.

TIER LIST

- Physical Bow Amazon from T0.5 to T0: Like half the ladder starts with it and it works since there isnt a lot of whining that would be expected if the build was bad and this popular; so I'll set my bias aside and move it up to T0.
- Lightning Caster Sorc from T1 to T0: Was a remmant from when tempest was bad, now its good and on par with fire and cold sorcs. Should've been fixed long ago but I was busy.
- Hammer of Zerae Amazon from Untiered to T1: Multiple reports of its damage being fixed so back to tierlist. Only at T1 due to its boss dmg still being awful and while before tierlist was more biased towards early farming (and thus was at T0) I've changed it to also consider bossing so yeah, T1 due to being extremely good farmer but non existant boss dps. Can maybe move up one tier but eh.
- Psisin from T2 to T1.5: Basically psistorm deals massive dps but build is a sin with no extra survivability other than avoid; so yeah it is very squish. Very good bosskiller tho. Mana sustain is very annoying though.

Will definetly fix the tierlist more later as there's probably a few scuffed descriptions.
Any feedback is appreciated (yes I do read it and keep it in my memory so I can update the tierlist 3 months later, very efficient method btw).

Especially need feedback on traprat and bow druid (yes I hate druids im sorry).
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
My physical bowzon really had a hard time in Fauzt this season that I had to respec to ele bowzon / proc - based bowzon, eventhough I geared her so well.
Physical bowzon could even do T15 with proper gear using rapid Wyrmshot before, but in 1.7......
If a farming based bd cant farm Fauzt, I guess it already lost most of its meaning.
1.7 patch just killed my love for phys bowzon. And thats not just me, almost all the players around me gave up phys bowzon in 1.7, while there used to be lots of phys bowzons before. They turned to ele bowzon or other bds.