Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Semigloss wrote:With zero cooldown on Dream Eater, I'm actually finding myself spamming that as my AoE skill... Its a smaller AoE obviously, but far from unusable. It doesn't clear that much slower than Boneyard, and you get the heals too. Am I the only one?

Boneyard definitely does have its uses though, in very dense areas and when you are "blind" casting at enemies ahead.
i am almost level 100 now in early act 5 nightmare , the fat reanimates from the TU Dirk keep me very safe (+ the fat Veil King tank ) , i barely use dream Eater , unless i fight some strong packs, i only use it for healing instead of heal pots . i will probably keep it as 13 pointer and invest further in the other main skills .
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Crash wrote:dont understand why everyone keeps picking tu greaves when you can make an honorific and do much better, since the energy factor bonus is useless til you get into the 115-120 ranges and can start focusing on scaling.

put +50 strength, +50 dex, +20 phys/magic honorific t1 boots.

rabbits foot master race 8-)
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Can any of you fine gentlemen post the fcr tables for necro with 1h or wand & staff? SpeedCalc no likey my compcomp.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:Can any of you fine gentlemen post the fcr tables for necro with 1h or wand & staff? SpeedCalc no likey my compcomp.

https://dev.median-xl.com/?script=speedcalc
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Seems like going necro staff over wand isn't really worth it, atleast as far as breakpoints go. Only saves you 24 fcr to hit 6frames.
Edited by Semigloss 4 years.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I'm wondering, with all this spell dmg and pierce, could having some points in totems be worth it? Not smax them ofc, but it sounds okay on paper. Something like maxing only totemic mastery and having other skills as 1 pointers. Even with base points they do big dmg.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Wulf wrote:I'm wondering, with all this spell dmg and pierce, could having some points in totems be worth it? Not smax them ofc, but it sounds okay on paper. Something like maxing only totemic mastery and having other skills as 1 pointers. Even with base points they do big dmg.
normally there are not enough points for that. You would have to sacrifice one of the main skills you would max in the favour of the totems which would come with less overall effectiveness as most of your gear is not totems orientated.

Still , the dream eater alone can be a nice support /heal skill for a totemancer
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Wulf wrote:I'm wondering, with all this spell dmg and pierce, could having some points in totems be worth it? Not smax them ofc, but it sounds okay on paper. Something like maxing only totemic mastery and having other skills as 1 pointers. Even with base points they do big dmg.
normally there are not enough points for that. You would have to sacrifice one of the main skills you would max in the favour of the totems which would come with less overall effectiveness as most of your gear is not totems orientated.

Still , the dream eater alone can be a nice support /heal skill for a totemancer

Actually now that I think about it, you don't need to max totemic mastery at all. You could just put 1 point into each of the 3 ele totems and that's already a lot of dmg. Only costs 5 hard skill points and you'll already have massive +sk / spell dmg / pierce to support their dmg.

You could also get lvl 5 totemic mastery (4 more points) to get the 2nd frostclaw totem (5 points for 3 totems vs. 9 points for 4 totems). Frostclaw is the best single-target dps target one so it might be worth to grab it for boss killing.

You could sacrifice the points from embalming.
skelos1
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
I've been pretty much exclusively using dream eater. It allows you to be pretty aggressive when farming places like duncraig / TA / Teganze because of the insane healing
enfo
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Not a lot of pierce actually on the char other than -30 for poison for 2 seconds - but I guess if you want to try totem I'd wait until you have SSU staff for venomcloud totem.

As for why I stopped at TU2 greeves - purely preference. With all the 110 charms it is now easier to TU4 all my gear.

Going to be doing all the 115 soon, already went and knocked out Black Road Challenge. I will MO my gear for minion life/resist and try veiled king to see if he can decently tank.

I plan on trying to craft chest first and go from there, for a bit more armor and more damage.