Malice Necro Guide Anyone?

Discuss Median XL!
chuk15
Thunder Beetle
51 | 2
I hope they don't nerf dream eater, love spamming that skill, feels very nice. Otherwise just abandon malice necro completely.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
OoA is a good idea, ive been trying to roll it on a wand but no luck.

As for poison, it's good AoE damage but unfortunately no single target posion skill. I was hoping dream eater debuffed enough but doesn't. You also can't make good use of Pestilence because it's Str/Dex scaling, and all other skills are energy scaling... stupid IMO. So youre locked into rotting flesh, and Oskills out there just don't hit hard enough for bosses.

For a good leveling TLDR guide look at Chuck's post on the first page.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
yes can tell its rly nice, i have found ooA with 100LAEK on a rare wand, pretty nice one, but iam doin some hybrid summon Abyss Knights, because i started as summoner and had the gear with minion dmg, its super tanky and fun to play, also used to give 1 point into totems because for some situations they are nice to tank and deal some dmg aswell; still not have a full dmg setup for ooA but its nice for farming, iam using bending shadows and click ooA every time on landing with the minions, iam thinking of going hybrid for farming because its more fun and pretty tanky, i have an act3 merc bloodmage for extra full healing,
ty for the impulse to have me testing this, its rly fun
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I also got a hunch that the dream eater may get screwed in a next upcoming patch. In order to avoid some disappointments , I think I'll keep it just as support and keep my main attack either boneyard or some oskill in end game

I have streamed all my gameplay so far , I think I might post a showcase post around this build for those who need some early and mid game insight. In what regards the end game , I am a bit skeptical and unsure, as my current plans may not work if a sudden patch hotfix comes out these days , so I guess I will keep that part for later while for the moment I will test a few valid options
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:dont understand why everyone keeps picking tu greaves when you can make an honorific and do much better, since the energy factor bonus is useless til you get into the 115-120 ranges and can start focusing on scaling.

put +50 strength, +50 dex, +20 phys/magic honorific t1 boots.

Wondering T1 honorific? I thought T4 would be best - in leather armours - to get max sockets for resist gems?

So the T4 honorific would be level 21 which means the PGs don't increase the level requirement. That way you get 20% resist all and 1% max resist - and you can still MO more resists on it if needed.
And you get 4x4 potion slots in the belt.

Not saying you're wrong, just trying to understand your thinking.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:Wondering T1 honorific? I thought T4 would be best - in leather armours - to get max sockets for resist gems?

So the T4 honorific would be level 21 which means the PGs don't increase the level requirement. That way you get 20% resist all and 1% max resist - and you can still MO more resists on it if needed.

it just depends on when you make the honorific. i always did tier 1 and made it lazily and then gathered gold later and remade.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
Captcha wrote:Wondering T1 honorific? I thought T4 would be best - in leather armours - to get max sockets for resist gems?

it just depends on when you make the honorific. i always did tier 1 and made it lazily and then gathered gold later and remade.

OK understood, thanks :)
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
A few mid-game questions on reward tree skills:

What level 90 reward skill are people taking with this build?
Jinn might be good if they're tanky, although it seems to be mostly about -enemy fire resistance which is not useful for this build.
Only alternative is Veil King - I'm not sure I want something that could turn on me if it dies :(

Talon's Hold does the slow work for casters or only if doing weapon damage? Still worth 1pt for the re-animates?

And what does Uninterruptible Attack do? Someone said it was important in an earlier post.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Captcha wrote:What level 90 reward skill are people taking with this build?
only the veil king is valid , as he can tank in almost every uber all by himself . when he's low hp and in danger , just ressummon him before he dies , so that he don't get hostile . in case he goes hostile , the dream eater can kill him quite fast , besides the fact that he gets heavy slowed

Captcha wrote:Talon's Hold does the slow work for casters ?
no . it's worthless . no point needed there . no point in Graveyard either , unless you go for a poison malice build

Captcha wrote:And what does Uninterruptible Attack do?
you can find the answer here, close to the bottom : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46332
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Thanks - and max VK or one point?
And is it worth putting a point in Iron Golem, so as to give the VK life regen?