Discuss Median XL!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Captcha wrote:Sorry, I strongly disagree. If you activate something, it activates - whether you're there or not. Anything else would be highly unrealistic, a bit like my dog when he covers his eyes with his paws and thinks I can't see him if he can't see me. Or switching on your oven and having to watch while it warms up to be sure your food gets hot.

Staying there while it all happens is a workaround, not a fix.

My post was really for the devs - you're entitled to your opinion of course but it's up to them to decide what they consider a bug; I'm not sure why so many people reply here who are not part of the dev team... but that's just my personal view of course.

As you already been told, this is how the game is supposed to work, it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, feel free to report this "bug" to Blizzard. You can't blame the video game just because something in there is unrealistic, you either agree with some conventionalities and accept them or leave them be and move along (perhaps in search for another, more realistic game).

After a certain amount of time (I believe it's 12*10 = 120 server ticks) if there is no active clients in the area each and every unit like monster or item is serialized (packed) to preserve server memory and CPU time. It's a bit oversimplified, for example there is no need to save something like preset (static) objects or something else that doesn't have a volatile state. Even though missile is unit by itself, it's useless to save something as temporary as missile, so they are simply destroyed during this process. Pretty much all dynamic fancy effects like the portals to Pools of Wisdom and Halls of Valor, or the whole animation sequence while summoning Rathma and Mendeln is created by using missiles. If you're leaving the area before the animation was finished, get ready that nothing will gonna happen when you came back. Animation sequence was prematurely "killed" because you left the area and there was no other active clients (players) in there. There would be no portals and no monsters, they were never generated by the game.

Is there a workaround? Sure, for example you can extend this time period (120 frames) but it would have a certain impact on the game (server) performance for sure, that would be a dumb decision to make. Another workaround is to shorten these animations but it would hurt game aesthetics. There is no simple fix for this corner case to make.
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I had another tiny suggestion that I think would lead to more diversity in the body armour slot.

Allow the Physical Resist mods that currently can roll on rare shields to also roll on Body Armours (up to 10%?). Rare body armours are extremely rare to see in endgame builds, and I feel like allowing rare body armours to roll Physical Resistance isn't a game breaking change, but one that might nudge some people who might not need specific SUs or SSUs to consider using a rare instead.

Cheers, thanks for reading.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The latest windows-update made my game have a bug. Whenever I close the game, my screen is oversaturated. Which means I have to restart the game, minimize it and close it from the desktop. I'd love to see a fix in the next patch if that's even possible.

I used to have this issue before I ran the game exe in admin mode + under windows XP service pack 2 and now it's back. I have windows 10 btw.

In addition to that I'd strongly suggest to remove all doors in the maggot lair. That would fix almost all gameplay relevant issues/bugs the new map design has.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
skill tooltip of Zon's Bloodlust is bugged.
When equiping items with + xx% elemental Damage to Bloodlust it still says:
"Spell damage (excluding poison)" and does not differ between ele spell damages and pmsd.
the Bonus is only applied to elemental Spell damages, though.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hrishi wrote:I had another tiny suggestion that I think would lead to more diversity in the body armour slot.

Allow the Physical Resist mods that currently can roll on rare shields to also roll on Body Armours (up to 10%?). Rare body armours are extremely rare to see in endgame builds, and I feel like allowing rare body armours to roll Physical Resistance isn't a game breaking change, but one that might nudge some people who might not need specific SUs or SSUs to consider using a rare instead.

Cheers, thanks for reading.

Overall i would like to see rare items more powerful. I remember CLOD times where actually a good rare could outshine every item in its slot. But they are rare AF.
Would be nice to see this here too. So picking up rares is worth something
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

Isn't Askari supposed to deal/list 178-344 damage? Something seems wrong, is it desc of skill or lcs?..

PS: Or calculation/multiplication of damages is wrong.. If it really adding more than listed percentage to min damage and less to max damage.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Scalewinged wrote:Image

Isn't Askari supposed to deal/list 178-344 damage? Something seems wrong, is it desc of skill or lcs?..

PS: Or calculation/multiplication of damages is wrong.. If it really adding more than listed percentage to min damage and less to max damage.

Your math is incorrect. 319% is not x3.19, it's x2.19. If it said it did 100% of the damage, it would be the same damage and not double. It still doesn't calc out perfectly, but gets you much closer (might be due to rounding?).
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Manu300000 wrote:

Overall i would like to see rare items more powerful. I remember CLOD times where actually a good rare could outshine every item in its slot. But they are rare AF.

Crafts are basically rare items with some extra stats.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Manu300000 wrote:Overall i would like to see rare items more powerful. I remember CLOD times where actually a good rare could outshine every item in its slot. But they are rare AF.

I have to agree. I'm trying to fall asleep and just had a thought pop into my head... What if you had a very small but powerful affix pool that could only spawn on dropped items (magic/rare), not crafts. Item class specific, and strong enough to make a good rare compete with GRWs and SSUs. Some potential ideas:

Melee Weapons: 25% chance for your target to take damage twice.
Ranged Weapons: Total Damage increases the closer you are to your target, up to 30%.
Caster Weapons: Casting a spell counts as a melee attack (i.e. on melee attack procs and life/mana on attack).
Shields: Block the next hit you take if you haven't blocked a hit in the past 5 seconds.
Gloves: Half of your highest stat is added to your lowest stat.
Body Armor: Regen 1% life/sec for 2 seconds when struck. This effect can stack 10 times.
Circlets: Mana Regen rate increased 2% per character level.
Assassin Items: gain 10% more damage if you've dodged/evaded damage in the last 6 seconds.
Barbarian Items: Attacks have a 50% chance to ignore target defense.
Boots: Double your stamina. Sprinting does not reduce your defense or block rate.

So on and so forth. I don't know if powerful affixes like these are even possible, but you get the idea. Super strong on a good rolled item, but not overpowered just by themselves. And there should probably be more than one possible affix per item class (unlike I have above). But what do you guys think? I'm not totally sure how I feel about my own idea haha :-].

I don't know the inner workings of D2/mxl code, but maybe this could be achieved by making these all ilvl99 affixes, and making shrine crafts/rerolls reduce ilvl to 98?.
Edited by Semigloss 4 years.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Semigloss wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Image

Your math is incorrect. 319% is not x3.19, it's x2.19. If it said it did 100% of the damage, it would be the same damage and not double. It still doesn't calc out perfectly, but gets you much closer (might be due to rounding?).

If it said 100%, it would be x1, if it said 200%, it would be 2x... so when it saying 300% - why it is still same 2x? It's not like +X% spell damage, it pretty clearly mean "triple stormcall damage"