General tips for A.Lazarus

Discuss Median XL!
KonohaArcan
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello guys. Do you any useful advice gear-wise and generally? Playing melee sorc.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
You will need to boost both your defensive mechanisms (to deal with the actual boss), as well as have a reliable and fast way (ranged/caster char) to clear the level full of groupies and totems, as you will most probably not be able to kill him in a single cycle.

Here's some brief explanation of the skills used by the boss:
► Show Spoiler

Here are some considerations about gear setup:
► Show Spoiler

Here's some gear to consider:
► Show Spoiler

Strategy tips:
► Show Spoiler
Edited by Marrt 1 year.
KonohaArcan
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
That's very helpful, thanks A LOT!
FIngoparna
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Is it still actual after 2 years? :D
uberecht
Sasquatch
65 | 6
Yeah, to my knowledge, all the advice here is still sound.
kris441
Gravedigger
194 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Be assassin or paladin! I tried laz these season for the first time since a long time. Did him as uhm with the pally set and some vit craft full with vita perf cannot be frozen amu and ring with dmg reduction and other stats.. Nothing fancy. It took me 3 runes to practice. The boss is super easy on bouth assass and pali
MajorCooke
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
A couple other tricks to consider:

• Paladin's Colosseum is an extra source of slow, but make sure to use it the moment he teleports on you to avoid the extra damage occurring after he already spawns. If you're feeling daring, Mind Flayer also provides a little bit of extra slowing.
  • You can purify greyed totems close to the boss without fear of healing him and making you brittle. Use this if he's around a corner to help free up some extra space so you dont have to worry about undoing your hard work.

Unfortunately I've died hundreds of times to this guy. Looks like I"ll never get the chance to face Samael. :(

I tend to panic when Laz is chasing me, because the crazy layout of the map makes it so confusing, especially when there are bars involved. Even with a source of Teleport, I always wind up running into a totem or two and instantly dying due to the brittle curse.

Does slow occur when a spell hits an enemy or only when melee attacks happen?

For the record I have the gear necessary to make this happen, I'm just... lacking in skill. At least he isn't bullshit levels like in the old days.
IronMan
Lava Lord
91 | 9
MajorCooke wrote:A couple other tricks to consider:

• Paladin's Colosseum is an extra source of slow, but make sure to use it the moment he teleports on you to avoid the extra damage occurring after he already spawns. If you're feeling daring, Mind Flayer also provides a little bit of extra slowing.
  • You can purify greyed totems close to the boss without fear of healing him and making you brittle. Use this if he's around a corner to help free up some extra space so you dont have to worry about undoing your hard work.

Unfortunately I've died hundreds of times to this guy. Looks like I"ll never get the chance to face Samael. :(

I tend to panic when Laz is chasing me, because the crazy layout of the map makes it so confusing, especially when there are bars involved. Even with a source of Teleport, I always wind up running into a totem or two and instantly dying due to the brittle curse.

Does slow occur when a spell hits an enemy or only when melee attacks happen?

For the record I have the gear necessary to make this happen, I'm just... lacking in skill. At least he isn't bullshit levels like in the old days.

I have farmed the trophy this season on Assa and in previous seasons / single player on other chars and maybe something in here can help you:
-I usually use magic resist crafts with +life rolls on the slots where its possible to roll life and with max MR rolls on the crafts themselfs, never tried vit crafts but i suspect more life beyond a certain point doesnt make that much of a difference
-mo'ed breakpoints for combat speeds, more vit, cast speed on weapons, socketed with rubies and runes for breakpoints
-finding multiple good spots to lose laz is crucial, my route looked kinda like this:
-dont try to make it a clean run while using the space with maximum efficiency, instead give urself lots of room and reset/ lose him frequently
->this also makes it so you arent instanly fucked if you fail to lose him since you will have some more free space to try again
-obviously respec for him, usually all stats into vit, if you can, specc into a build that clears the groupies / totems while also having meele devotion, i did assassin with naginata + laserblade (talent) + wyrd from rings this season and it was great. crafted claws with claw block for kiting laz and switching to nagi for clear. died like 6 times during the entire trophy farm. there is a trade-off between having easy and fast clear without meele devotion and safer, more realiable laz kiting with meele devotion but most classes have some build that can have a good enough clear with MD
-its doable without meele devotion and i have seen people do it with summons as a way to lose laz by having him port onto the summon while the player runs out of range but i wouldnt want to do a trophy farm without MD, why make it harder than it needs to be
-dont get impatient during clear and get yourself sniped by groupies + totem aoe, clear with care
-i dont really use slows for him, i would definitely not use aoe spells like mindflay, but a weapon switch with some "Slow on hit" might be worth it, i usually dont feel the need since AFAIK slow is capped against bosses at 25% so its not thaaat much of a difference, who knows, maybe its worth it but i didnt feel the need yet
-its really just a simple rythm of getting ported on, purifing him (sometimes you take a step first), walking away a bit, get ported on, purify still on cd so you walk away till purify is ready again and than it starts over, keep up buffs if you have to, highest tension moments are when you wanna lose him, line of sighting him behind a wall does not do much in my experience, running in a straight line very fast is also not great, its more about getting some distance without him porting on you and then you port away out of his range
-the spots on my route use the fact that you can increase your port range when you teleport over terrain a bit, esp if you have long range assassin teleport skilled this is insane for laz but with normal range teleports its still good to use at the marked spots
MajorCooke
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Oooh right I forgot durability is no longer a thing. That's nice! Now I don't have to worry about making it indestructible. Okay that's one concern nixed so I can have maximum slow.

I have the gear necessary to do this, it's just the execution I keep stumbling on.

The Line of Sight trick can work if you time it correctly so you teleport just after he does, then run like hell. But you also need to make sure you teleport as far away as possible to prevent him from locking on and teleporting again because he'll do that even if you're out of sight no matter what. That's one of the problems I keep having.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MajorCooke wrote:The Line of Sight trick can work if you time it correctly so you teleport just after he does, then run like hell. But you also need to make sure you teleport as far away as possible to prevent him from locking on and teleporting again because he'll do that even if you're out of sight no matter what. That's one of the problems I keep having.

You need to wait for him to teleport on you, run away without hitting the edge of his tele "leash" range, then tele over the edge to drop aggro.

The red line in the pic is roughly the amount you have to run (without breaking line of sight) after he teleports on top of you before teleporting yourself.