Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Knight_Saber wrote:IMO mana sorc beats any variation of ele sorc at later levels (120+). Elemental casters get their nutsacks ripped off in labs, even the females.

Chronofield turning into a curse didn't exactly help mana sorc in lab though. :D
Vvvxi
Prowler
18 | 0
Remember that ele pierce is 1st priority. Even as a fire caster. If you cant get SUs that give fire pierce, change your gear to fascinating crafts to get at least -100 fire pierce.
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Vvvxi wrote:Remember that ele pierce is 1st priority. Even as a fire caster. If you cant get SUs that give fire pierce, change your gear to fascinating crafts to get at least -100 fire pierce.

Working on it now :) at about -70, will be over -100 shortly. Crafting is an issue because of strength reqs on boots and gloves, but going to play with -req jewels to see what can work. Thanks for the advice :)
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
For fire sorc i'd go with Flamefront as a main attack with Habacalva's Legacy equipped.

Shield: the new SU shield with all 4 passives. Its not hard to come by, its only item level 105 (standard SU rarity)
Armor: Curandera for the insane DR%. Or good old Armor of the Old Religion.
Amulet: well rolled Tesseract (close to +30 / -20 in fire)
Rest: fascinating crafted for pierce. Crafted items have the advantage of rolling high magic find you'd otherwise miss if using a full SU setup. Idk how many Wishmasters you can get, i found one of those so far.

Fire + Cold tree is a good setup, the passives synergize off each other.

This is purely for farming things, aiming for high speed clears and little to no deaths.
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
What is your guys (the ones who play fire) unbuffed flamefront dmg?
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Conquest wrote:For fire sorc i'd go with Flamefront as a main attack with Habacalva's Legacy equipped.

Shield: the new SU shield with all 4 passives. Its not hard to come by, its only item level 105 (standard SU rarity)
Rest: fascinating crafted for pierce. Crafted items have the advantage of rolling high magic find you'd otherwise miss if using a full SU setup. Idk how many Wishmasters you can get, i found one of those so far.

This is purely for farming things, aiming for high speed clears and little to no deaths.

I'd add that the firemage set helm is pretty good (15 pierce) and if you have the boots they give decent fire spell dmg + the bonus strength from the set bonus will make it easier to wear crafted gloves+belt without having to invest stat points in str
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Diaco wrote:
Conquest wrote:For fire sorc i'd go with Flamefront as a main attack with Habacalva's Legacy equipped.

I'd add that the firemage set helm is pretty good (15 pierce) and if you have the boots they give decent fire spell dmg + the bonus strength from the set bonus will make it easier to wear crafted gloves+belt without having to invest stat points in str

Great call on shield. Will take up some points for strength but not much. I re-speced and found fire/ working well although a) I’m a bit squishy without those passives (that the shield will provide) and b) the ice elementals aren’t as tanky as they were when maxed out.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
proletariat wrote:
Diaco wrote:

Great call on shield. Will take up some points for strength but not much. I re-speced and found fire/ working well although a) I’m a bit squishy without those passives (that the shield will provide) and b) the ice elementals aren’t as tanky as they were when maxed out.

are you putting points in IEs only? you'll get tankier IEs by spreading the skillpoints with frigid sphere. also if you have habaclava you only need to put points in flamefront and living flame
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Diaco wrote:
proletariat wrote:
Diaco wrote:

are you putting points in IEs only? you'll get tankier IEs by spreading the skillpoints with frigid sphere. also if you have habaclava you only need to put points in flamefront and living flame

Yeah maybe need to re-adjust that, here are the stats as I have:
30Flamefront
1Living Flame
28Flamestrike

1Frigid Sphere
1Shatter the Flesh
15Snow Queen
1Abyss
13Ice Elementals
1Immersion
28Familiar
5Symbol of Esu

Gear: same as mentioned in first post but with fire tesseract, witch craft ring and Habacalva (tsw name = sibylle )
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
proletariat wrote:
Diaco wrote:
proletariat wrote:
Diaco wrote:

Yeah maybe need to re-adjust that, here are the stats as I have:
30Flamefront
1Living Flame
28Flamestrike

1Frigid Sphere
1Shatter the Flesh
15Snow Queen
1Abyss
13Ice Elementals
1Immersion
28Familiar
5Symbol of Esu

Gear: same as mentioned in first post but with fire tesseract, witch craft ring and Habacalva (tsw name = sibylle )

it's really worth it putting hard points in living flame. I have about 12k hp with max living flame, and between habaclava and vaetias wall over 1000 regen. I can actually tank dunc barrels